• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Tales of self defense

Welcome to my blog...where I will ( try to depending upon schedule) post tales of personal self defense.....keep in mind this is a themed blog, and if you do not like what is posted, or wish to post "weapons are bad" themes, you can take it elsewhere. :)

Sheriff: Deputy shot suspect who stabbed him with machete​

Off-duty officer catches burglary suspect running from neighbor's home in Akron​

Armed Murder Suspect Fatally Shot By CHP Officers During Standoff On 105 Freeway Transition Road In Paramount​

Sheriff: Armed 95-year-old foils home invasion in Covington County​

A Sumter woman will not be charged for shooting intruder who entered her house​

Texas police say 'armed citizen' shot robbers at fast-food chicken chain, killing 1 suspect, wounding second​

If you look through the articles, not every one deals with firearms...and as the blog title states, its tales of self defense, not just DGU.

News isn't really tales. I want to inspire supposedly true stories of heroism. We need grandma hitting someone with a stick. We need pregnant mom kicks guy in balls (I see the one). Those news stories will inspire tales.

News isn't really tales. I want to inspire supposedly true stories of heroism. We need grandma hitting someone with a stick. We need pregnant mom kicks guy in balls (I see the one). Those news stories will inspire tales.
If you want a happily ever after story, try Walt Disney.

We are not gonna get tough guy stories with every news article being about guns. We need news about brass knuckles, darts, rocks... that sort of weapon.
You didn't like the one about the fry pan and pitchfork?
You're hard to please.

Okay, I can do hero. No darts, although for a modest donation, I could probably make it happen.

I was in 8th grade, school year starts, there's someone new on the bus, a little black kid (you know how in junior high some boys haven't gotten their growth yet?). He was the first and only black kid in our school. Deseg was only grudgingly --very grudgingly--happening in the burbs back then. Rumor was his Dad was a dentist.

He gets on the bus and sits in the front seat, directly behind the bus driver. Sitting there, little shoulders rigid in a nice button down shirt, staring straight ahead, speaking and looking at no one, short short brillo pad hair on a skinny, vulnerable twig neck. Kid was scared shitless. No one sat by him or said anything--bus kind of went quiet. Until our beefy bully, Howie, who always sat in the back row with his two buddies and tortured us with his ignorant fat mouth, started in on the kid.

I don't remember exactly what he said, but he was taunting and insulting him mercilessly. The boy's shoulders got more and more hunched, never moved a muscle, eyes fixed straight ahead. The bus driver was no help, didn't do a damned thing.

By the time we got to school, I had a full head of steam. I went with Howie's crew into school (each grade had its own wing) and because he was bigger than me, I went three steps up the stairs and when he walked by, I reached over the railing and grabbed him by his greasy hair good and tight, twisted it in my fist, and jumping off the stairs I shoved him with all my might into the wall of lockers and commenced to scream at him.

SHUT YOUR FAT STUPID MOUTH. YOU WILL NEVER SPEAK SHIT TO THAT KID AGAIN, DO YOU HEAR ME? NOT ONE MORE WORD EVER. IF YOU DO, I WILL PAY SOMEONE TO TAKE YOU OUT AND DO NOT THINK I'M KIDDING. (We had a rather large Mafia presence in the neighborhood at the time.)

Like all bullies, he just stood there like a whining piece of shit; I looked over and saw the science teacher standiing there watching and expected detention but he never said a word. And Howie, his public humiliation by a 90 pound girl complete, NEVER said another word to that kid, not on the bus, anyway.

Walt Disney all around, @Bum, except I found out much later that his Dad was a drunk who beat the shit outta him a lot, so I felt a little bad for him then, but not sorry for what I did.

Okay, I can do hero. No darts, although for a modest donation, I could probably make it happen.

I was in 8th grade, school year starts, there's someone new on the bus, a little black kid (you know how in junior high some boys haven't gotten their growth yet?). He was the first and only black kid in our school. Deseg was only grudgingly --very grudgingly--happening in the burbs back then. Rumor was his Dad was a dentist.

He gets on the bus and sits in the front seat, directly behind the bus driver. Sitting there, little shoulders rigid in a nice button down shirt, staring straight ahead, speaking and looking at no one, short short brillo pad hair on a skinny, vulnerable twig neck. Kid was scared shitless. No one sat by him or said anything--bus kind of went quiet. Until our beefy bully, Howie, who always sat in the back row with his two buddies and tortured us with his ignorant fat mouth, started in on the kid.

I don't remember exactly what he said, but he was taunting and insulting him mercilessly. The boy's shoulders got more and more hunched, never moved a muscle, eyes fixed straight ahead. The bus driver was no help, didn't do a damned thing.

By the time we got to school, I had a full head of steam. I went with Howie's crew into school (each grade had its own wing) and because he was bigger than me, I went three steps up the stairs and when he walked by, I reached over the railing and grabbed him by his greasy hair good and tight, twisted it in my fist, and jumping off the stairs I shoved him with all my might into the wall of lockers and commenced to scream at him.

SHUT YOUR FAT STUPID MOUTH. YOU WILL NEVER SPEAK SHIT TO THAT KID AGAIN, DO YOU HEAR ME? NOT ONE MORE WORD EVER. IF YOU DO, I WILL PAY SOMEONE TO TAKE YOU OUT AND DO NOT THINK I'M KIDDING. (We had a rather large Mafia presence in the neighborhood at the time.)

Like all bullies, he just stood there like a whining piece of shit; I looked over and saw the science teacher standiing there watching and expected detention but he never said a word. And Howie, his public humiliation by a 90 pound girl complete, NEVER said another word to that kid, not on the bus, anyway.

Walt Disney all around, @Bum, except I found out much later that his Dad was a drunk who beat the shit outta him a lot, so I felt a little bad for him then, but not sorry for what I did.

The bully's mother probably defended him much like you defended the other child. Must have been strange for him to find himself in his father's position.

The bully's mother probably defended him much like you defended the other child. Must have been strange for him to find himself in his father's position.
That's the weirdest reaction to that story ...

That kid looked at you and thought, "mom?"

Not in a bad way.
Howie thought I was his mom? Anyway, you go ahead and ponder on your strange imagined family dynamics.
My post wasn't exactly self defense, either, so we're even for messing up Bum's blog.

Reactions: Bum
Howie thought I was his mom? Anyway, you go ahead and ponder on your strange imagined family dynamics.
My post wasn't exactly self defense, either, so we're even for messing up Bum's blog.

Strange? 99% of abused kids are defended by their mother. The 1% that aren't are dead or in prison before adulthood. While someone attempting to stop abuse may have been new for you (I'm guessing you didn't usually need to act in such a manner in someone's defense), it was not new for him.

He'd probably seen his mother scream the same words to his father.

Last edited:
How about a women hitting a nazi in the head with her handbag?

She got a statue in another city..

Tales of self defense for the week ending 1 NOV 2021

In North Carolina:
Deputy shoots knife-wielding man during disturbance in Robeson County

In Pennsylvania: trooper shoots, kills man armed with knife

In Texas:
Shooting suspect killed after confrontation with South Side homeowner; Man who kicked in door died at hospital

In Pennsylvania: Man stabbed by child of woman he was strangling in Windber home, police report

In California: Dog ‘Rocky’ injured while chasing mountain lion away from California family: ‘Absolutely a fighter’

In Vermont: Intruder dead in home invasion

Leaves are changing, everyone have a wonderful weekend! 🍁🍂🍁🍂

Me personally, I'm just not a killer. There's enough death already. I refuse to contribute.

I believe in self-defense but I'm just not going to shoot anyone dead. I do have little league baseball bats stashed all around the house. I may get shot and killed, but if I get near that dude, he's going to be injured severely. But I want him to live. I want him to live and face the consequences of his life choices. But as for me, I'm okay to leave earth whenever. Plus, I want to break his ankle.

Me personally, I'm just not a killer. There's enough death already. I refuse to contribute.

I believe in self-defense but I'm just not going to shoot anyone dead. I do have little league baseball bats stashed all around the house. I may get shot and killed, but if I get near that dude, he's going to be injured severely. But I want him to live. I want him to live and face the consequences of his life choices. But as for me, I'm okay to leave earth whenever. Plus, I want to break his ankle.
You my friend are stating to sound like a liberal. There may be hope for you yet.

Back
Top Bottom