• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Tales of self defense

Welcome to my blog...where I will ( try to depending upon schedule) post tales of personal self defense.....keep in mind this is a themed blog, and if you do not like what is posted, or wish to post "weapons are bad" themes, you can take it elsewhere. :)

Sheriff: Deputy shot suspect who stabbed him with machete​

Off-duty officer catches burglary suspect running from neighbor's home in Akron​

Armed Murder Suspect Fatally Shot By CHP Officers During Standoff On 105 Freeway Transition Road In Paramount​

Sheriff: Armed 95-year-old foils home invasion in Covington County​

A Sumter woman will not be charged for shooting intruder who entered her house​

Texas police say 'armed citizen' shot robbers at fast-food chicken chain, killing 1 suspect, wounding second​

Isn't the second rifle more powerful than the first? 7.62?
Yes...and the M1 Garand was specifically designed for the US Military as a battle rifle at the United States Army Springfield Armory.

These threads are always utterly ridiculous because they list a bunch of situations that gun owners use a firearm to defend themselves in, but they ignore the fact that the reasons why they encounter these situations is that we live in a country so awash in guns.

For example, you are more than 10 times as likely to be murdered here than in Ireland. You are roughly 8 times as likely to be murdered here than in Canada. 8 times as likely to be murdered here than in the U.K. 7 times as likely to be murdered here than in France. The fact is you are several times more likely to be murdered here than in any other first world country and it’s because we are awash in guns. Guns are tools for killing. That is their purpose. It’s why we hunt with guns. It’s why soldiers carry them. That is their ultimate purpose. Yeah they can be fun. I have owned them my whole life and we have a constitutional right to bear arms. Let’s not pretend that just because there are the occasional stories of good people using a gun to defend themselves that guns make us safer, because they don’t.

These threads are always utterly ridiculous because they list a bunch of situations that gun owners use a firearm to defend themselves in, but they ignore the fact that the reasons why they encounter these situations is that we live in a country so awash in guns.

For example, you are more than 10 times as likely to be murdered here than in Ireland. You are roughly 8 times as likely to be murdered here than in Canada. 8 times as likely to be murdered here than in the U.K. 7 times as likely to be murdered here than in France. The fact is you are several times more likely to be murdered here than in any other first world country and it’s because we are awash in guns. Guns are tools for killing. That is their purpose. It’s why we hunt with guns. It’s why soldiers carry them. That is their ultimate purpose. Yeah they can be fun. I have owned them my whole life and we have a constitutional right to bear arms. Let’s not pretend that just because there are the occasional stories of good people using a gun to defend themselves that guns make us safer, because they don’t.
Welcome to my blog; if you dont like it, you do not have to read it or post in it....I think I made that quite clear in my OP. :)

Okay, I got one for ya. Thread started on a woman assaulted and raped by a homeless man on a PA elevated train while passengers watched and did nothing--didn't even dial 911.

The perp has been charged with aggravated sexual assault, but because the woman was hurt pretty seriously (no weapon is mentioned), he may not have been armed.

What could passengers do to help her besides calling 911 and waiting for dispatch to reach transit and then the train? This question assumes people without a knife or gun. Assume homeless man didn't have one either, or it would have been mentioned?

Okay, I got one for ya. Thread started on a woman assaulted and raped by a homeless man on a PA elevated train while passengers watched and did nothing--didn't even dial 911.

The perp has been charged with aggravated sexual assault, but because the woman was hurt pretty seriously (no weapon is mentioned), he may not have been armed.

What could passengers do to help her besides calling 911 and waiting for dispatch to reach transit and then the train? This question assumes people without a knife or gun. Assume homeless man didn't have one either, or it would have been mentioned?
link?

Sorry.

I looked at a few but found no mention of perp being armed.

Reactions: Bum
Sorry.

I looked at a few but found no mention of perp being armed.
Unfortunately, this is a continuance of Kitty Genovese....the anti self defense / anti 2A defense cult believes these events would never happen if we take away all firearms.
This is the world of a Utopian gun free society.

Unfortunately, this is a continuance of Kitty Genovese....the anti self defense / anti 2A defense cult believes these events would never happen if we take away all firearms.
This is the world of a Utopian gun free society.
Wut?

You're not even going to try to discuss it?

There's no indication he had a gun, that I can find.

Wut?

You're not even going to try to discuss it?

There's no indication he had a gun, that I can find.
This was never an issue about firearms......its about the failure of human beings to care for another human being.

This was never an issue about firearms......its about the failure of human beings to care for another human being.
And in the spirit of self defense,

Thats the point...would you risk yourself to save the live of another human being?
Either by firearm, baseball bat, or harsh language?

Thats the point...would you risk yourself to save the live of another human being?
Either by firearm, baseball bat, or harsh language?
I would certainly want to do something pretty badly. That's why I asked the expert, in his self defense thread, what could be done if I had happened to leave my baseball bat home.

I would certainly want to do something pretty badly. That's why I asked the expert, in his self defense thread, what could be done if I had happened to leave my baseball bat home.
The average 911 response time is 10 minutes...

How long will you allow a home invader to kick down your door?

No one tells stories of self defense. This thread will be news articles with humorous tough guy interludes. I'm here for the tough guys. They're great.

I tell you what, though, I'll be a good sport and tell you why no one tells stories of self defense. Stories of self defense almost always begin with embarrassing mistakes. I'm not blaming the victim here, I'm just saying no one wants to mention being compromised in an absurdly wrong place at an absurdly wrong time and executing a series of inexplicably stupid decisions to arrive at that position. In short: most self defense stories are embarrassing to tell. It just doesn't matter that one escaped with their life or minimal damage or even without a scratch. What got us into hot water keeps us from telling the stories. Self defense stories are embarrassing not because they're won or lost but because they happened.

Last edited:

Unarmed passengers.

Self defense for the week ending 17 October 2021:

In Georgia: Armed Dad Stops Attack On Daughter

In Indiana: State Police officers fatally shoot man who pointed gun at them

In South Carolina:
Man who was shot at during attempted assault in Rock Hill facing multiple sexual charges

In California: Sheriff: Man, 28, Shot And Killed After Breaking Into Valley Springs Home He Claimed Was His

In Georgia: police say woman who tried to rob 2 men at gunpoint was shot to death by own firearm

In North Carolina: Winston-Salem apartment robbed by 4 suspects; victim shoots in self-defense

In Missouri: Thief tries to pull gun on CVS employee, gets one pointed right back at him

In Georgia: Intruder who entered home and grabbed kitchen knives shot by homeowner

In South Carolina: deputies kill man who fired on them from motorcycle: sheriff

In Missouri: Man who killed two during dispute over firewood won’t be charged.
https://www.kansascity.com/news/nation-world/national/article255003187.html

Have a great weekend! :)

Tales of self defense for the the week ending 24 October

In Florida:

Law Enforcement Kill Three Suspects Over Weekend

In Oregon:
Clark County Sheriff’s deputies shoot, kill suspect after chase

In Missouri:
Suspect accused of shooting at officer, holding man at gunpoint in west Springfield before being shot by police

In Texas:
VIDEO: 2 clerks take on would-be robbers, turn gun on them during wild convenience store scuffle

In Pennsylvania:
Mall shooting thwarted by legally armed bystander: 'He is a hero'

In North Dakota:
Man shot dead in Casselton broke into woman’s home

In Washington DC:
Off-duty officer intervenes in armed carjacking, 2 shot, police say

In New York :
Teen stabbed in eye with own knife during attempted robbery in Brooklyn: NYPD

Have a great weekend and stay safe! (y) :)

I'll say one thing about self-defense, I never won a fight I started and never lost one I didn't.
The USA has a similar track record with wars. In some cases right makes might.

Tales of self defense for the week ending 31 October.

In Texas:
Houston nightclub bouncer shoots man after being hit in head with baseball bat, police say

In North Carolina: Fayetteville resident tells police he shot, killed 2 home intruders

In New York: NYC workers pummel brazen attempted robbery suspect until he flees

In Illinois: Northern Illinois police fatally shoot sword-wielding man

In Pennsylvania: Family Claims They Called 911 Several Times During Deadly Attempted Break-In In Frankford But No One Answered

In Oklahoma: Tulsa man facing charges after girlfriend stabs him in self-defense, police say

In Illinois: South Loop Peet's Coffee customers tackle tip jar thief who attacked employee

In Virginia: Man arrested, charged with breaking and entering after being shot at Virginia Beach Econo Lodge

Happy Halloween and have a great weekend! 👻

And, one more...a brave mother in California:

‘Get away from my kids!’: Mother fights off home intruder who ran toward her daughters in viral video​

We are not gonna get tough guy stories with every news article being about guns. We need news about brass knuckles, darts, rocks... that sort of weapon.

We are not gonna get tough guy stories with every news article being about guns. We need news about brass knuckles, darts, rocks... that sort of weapon.
If you look through the articles, not every one deals with firearms...and as the blog title states, its tales of self defense, not just DGU.

Back
Top Bottom