• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Tales of self defense

Welcome to my blog...where I will ( try to depending upon schedule) post tales of personal self defense.....keep in mind this is a themed blog, and if you do not like what is posted, or wish to post "weapons are bad" themes, you can take it elsewhere. :)

Sheriff: Deputy shot suspect who stabbed him with machete​

Off-duty officer catches burglary suspect running from neighbor's home in Akron​

Armed Murder Suspect Fatally Shot By CHP Officers During Standoff On 105 Freeway Transition Road In Paramount​

Sheriff: Armed 95-year-old foils home invasion in Covington County​

A Sumter woman will not be charged for shooting intruder who entered her house​

Texas police say 'armed citizen' shot robbers at fast-food chicken chain, killing 1 suspect, wounding second​

I think i am going to post in sundays......it gives a nice weekly round up.

For the short week ending 10 October;

In Ohio:

Police: Man fatally shoots 32-year-old suspect accused of opening fire at him in German Village

In Georgia:
Former NASCAR driver shot dead had hatchet during dispute with estranged wife, other man, police say

In Kansas:

Man threatens to kill homeowner, throws bricks through window, tries to get into house — but homeowner has a gun: 'Unfortunately, I had to shoot him'

In Louisiana:
Baton Rouge man tries to rob woman of Xbox; victim shoots him with her own gun, BRPD says

Everyone enjoy the great fall weekend! :) 🍁

Next weekly roll up will be 17 October; @Lursa @RF667799 , and others that read this, you are all welcome to contribute if you wish...for those that have a hate hard on for the Second Amendment and Guns, dont bother posting, there is another forum for that.

Thumbs down. Whatever the provocation and whatever the outcome, swinging first puts you in legal jeopardy.

Boxing skills include getting hit without getting hurt. The younger-you could have used those. Even not getting hit at all, providing video or witnesses bear out that the other person lunged at you, swung without connecting, or tried to grapple. Technically those are Assault even without contact.

Grapplers are the ones who concern me most. They know they can't box or kick, but they stand a chance with enough weight and/or muscle. Because not that many people can wrestle, it's not in the movies. Real wrestling can kill you, and I haven't trained for it. So Social Distancing is a great comfort for me. Anyone getting too close is presumed to be doing it deliberately (unless they're a kid I guess).

Relevant to the above incident in a farm-house, the burglar made the mistake of letting Jones inside his wrestling zone, giving up the advantage of having a gun. When it's no longer possible to point the gun at the victim, it's practically useless.
If a grappler gets a hold of you and knows what he is doing, basically he can control you however he wants in a fight.

If a grappler gets a hold of you and knows what he is doing, basically he can control you however he wants in a fight.

Right. Grappling is basic to wrestling, but also to martial arts. I wish I knew more of it, but I was raised in an optimistic expectation that everyone boxes fair.

line_element.jpg
Xdefn.jpg

vdefn.jpg

Therefore, the energy density =

V = C * W3

in which, C -- the speed of light ~3 x 108 meters per second.
W -- the warp factor
V -- velocity through space

V = C * W3.3333 + f(W)

in which, f(W) = -0.5 log10(10 - W), if 9.0 < W <= 10.0
f(W) = 0, otherwise
OR

The formula for velocity from warp speed is as follows:

V = w³ • C
where:
V is the velocity computed from warp
C is the speed of light: 186,000 miles per second.
w is the warp.

Somebody had to sit down and figure this shit out. :unsure:

Last edited:
I think I broke a little bit of my brain....🤯

That was really impressive!
Nah; its a pretty well known calculation....the hard part is figuring out a power source.
Given the above, if someone can figure out a practical ( non lethal) means of propulsion, we can move out to the stars.

Nah; its a pretty well known calculation....the hard part is figuring out a power source.
Given the above, if someone can figure out a practical ( non lethal) means of propulsion, we can move out to the stars.
Awesome.

Wow. All I can do is SMFH.
Right?
It kinda overlooks the obvious stupid factor.......a 30-06 vs. a 5.56.
Not to mention the M1 was designed for war.

Wow. All I can do is SMFH.
Moms Demand Action is real. I've been looking at their stuff, and it doesn't mention anywhere banning AR's or any other gun. The founder, Shannon Watts, says

FACT: Moms Demand Action is anti–gun violence, not anti-gun. Many of our members own guns. We don’t want to eradicate the Second Amendment. What we want are legally mandated responsibilities to go along with the right of gun ownership, and we want commonsense gun laws that keep guns out of the hands of people who have a demonstrable risk of being dangerous.

There was a fake ad attributed to them last year to discredit them; it was debunked. I doubt if they are uninformed enough to fall for this trick that you guys have been trying to pull on me for years now. It's kind of old hat.

Moms Demand Action is real. I've been looking at their stuff, and it doesn't mention anywhere banning AR's or any other gun. The founder, Shannon Watts, says

FACT: Moms Demand Action is anti–gun violence, not anti-gun. Many of our members own guns. We don’t want to eradicate the Second Amendment. What we want are legally mandated responsibilities to go along with the right of gun ownership, and we want commonsense gun laws that keep guns out of the hands of people who have a demonstrable risk of being dangerous.

There was a fake ad attributed to them last year to discredit them; it was debunked. I doubt if they are uninformed enough to fall for this trick that you guys have been trying to pull on me for years now. It's kind of old hat.

I'm aware they are a real organization. I was unsure if that meme was something they actually published or a joke/parody.

I'm aware they are a real organization. I was unsure if that meme was something they actually published or a joke/parody.
Ok

Dr Miguel Alcubierre Moya, a theoretical physicist, has written extensively about star travel and how it could possibly be achieved by means of "Alcubierre warp drive"....

Back
Top Bottom