• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Tale of Two Presidents

calamity

Privileged
Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Monthly Donator
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Centrist
One sounding serious and intelligent. The other, Trump.

Obama -- serious and intellectual -- delivered a complex constitutional lecture on primetime television during the virtual Democratic National Convention. He summoned historic sweep, encompassing the Founders, the Civil Rights Movement, America's immigrant heritage and young Americans he called to action today to save their freedoms just as their ancestors had done every time the country's promise was imperiled.

Trump meanwhile, back at the White House, was rage-tweeting in real time in all-caps, flinging wild accusations and lies that, if anything, provided contemporaneous evidence of his predecessor's somber warnings.

Obama issues a dire warning about American democracy in stunning rebuke of Trump - CNNPolitics

Even after 4 years--maybe I should say especially after 4 years--I cannot fathom what the people see in that man with the fake hair and orange tan. Trumpism is a truly bizarre phenomena that defies rational explanation.

Even after 4 years--maybe I should say especially after 4 years--I cannot fathom what the people see in that man with the fake hair and orange tan. Trumpism is a truly bizarre phenomena that defies rational explanation.

You know, you may not want to start off your own thread. By showing just how little integrity you have when it comes to opening a debate. Double goes for the writers at CNN. Who apparently can't help but smear more than enough of their own opinion into something that isn't even worthy of being in the news.

Let's not forget here. Obama had his own issues with following constitutional law, despite his prior experience as a professor.

I think you should devote more time to studying your ant farm.

You know, you may not want to start off your own thread. By showing just how little integrity you have when it comes to opening a debate. Double goes for the writers at CNN. Who apparently can't help but smear more than enough of their own opinion into something that isn't even worthy of being in the news.

Let's not forget here. Obama had his own issues with following constitutional law, despite his prior experience as a professor.

Translation: the op nailed it

It's just nuts, isn't it?

So...Obama successfully delivered a well-written hit job speech on Trump...that someone else wrote. I'll admit it takes talent to do that. It's not something everyone...Biden, for example...can do well. But does that really mean that Obama is "serious and intelligent"? I don't think so.

Too bad y'all can't vote for Obama again. Instead, you are stuck with Biden. You know...the guy who, just a couple days ago, told everyone "I'm Joe Biden's husband."

It is such fun to observe you libruls still getting triggered this long after you were so humiliated in 2016.

The fantasies giving you pleasure are not reaching those of us who are living in the real world.

Obama gave the leading exporter of Islamic Terror in the world plenty of cash to do their work. Trump built a coalition of 50 Arab States to contain Islamic Terror. Diametrically opposed policies based on intent, method, goal, expense and outcome.

Now there is another Arab nation that has signed a peace deal with Israel. That, incidentally, is one MORE than under Obama.

Your man is a supporter of terror. Literally. Abroad and at home. "Peaceful Protesters", as described by Obama, are burning, looting and murdering across our country.

That you and other Obamabots are STILL drinking the perfumed sewage is interesting.

The power of propaganda to deceive is demonstrated again. How many times must you hear The Big Lie and STILL not understand that you're being lied to?

These posts prove that a certain portion of America is beyond reason at this point. Rather then try to reach out to them or present lengthy posts explaining what is common knowledge, we need to isolate them and ignore them entirely. They are beyond the reach of rational discourse or thought. The key to returning to the America we once believed in is to vote, get others to vote and to never give up on our dreams for all of us. Trump and his supporters are an anomaly, they are not representative of American values or the future. If we let them win again, we will have no one to blame but ourselves. Obama nailed it last night. There is no comparison between his dignity, poise, character and intelligence and the monstrosity that currently sits in the White House. We know and the world knows this truth, it is up to us now to rid ourselves of this horrid excuse for a human being.

I don’t see anything in the link that proves the jobless rate to be Trump’s fault.

But then, such is the Koolaid the Leftists would feed to the public: no one would have been tossed out of work by the lockdown if Democrats had been in power.

Another funny Dem bit: Trump is a tyrant because he makes people feel bad. Cory Booker tried to put that over this morning0, claiming that Trump had usurped America by saying mean things about the media and the FBI.

It is such fun to observe you libruls still getting triggered this long after you were so humiliated in 2016.

It's not fun to receive a daily reminder that Trump supporters care more about humiliating "libruls" than they do about the Constitution.

I don’t see anything in the link that proves the jobless rate to be Trump’s fault.

But then, such is the Koolaid the Leftists would feed to the public: no one would have been tossed out of work by the lockdown if Democrats had been in power.

Another funny Dem bit: Trump is a tyrant because he makes people feel bad. Cory Booker tried to put that over this morning0, claiming that Trump had usurped America by saying mean things about the media and the FBI.

Trying to suppress everyone's vote on a massive scale by interfering in the operations of the USPS during a global pandemic is pretty tyrannical.

Well, we all know that nothing is ever Trump's fault... In your opinion, do jobs reports like this help or hurt and incumbent president 75 days before an election?

It's not fun to receive a daily reminder that Trump supporters care more about humiliating "libruls" than they do about the Constitution.

Where in the Constitution does it say, “mayors and governors will be permitted to let citizens be menaced by violent protesters if this action served the officials’ political ends?

These posts prove that a certain portion of America is beyond reason at this point. Rather then try to reach out to them or present lengthy posts explaining what is common knowledge, we need to isolate them and ignore them entirely. They are beyond the reach of rational discourse or thought. The key to returning to the America we once believed in is to vote, get others to vote and to never give up on our dreams for all of us. Trump and his supporters are an anomaly, they are not representative of American values or the future. If we let them win again, we will have no one to blame but ourselves. Obama nailed it last night. There is no comparison between his dignity, poise, character and intelligence and the monstrosity that currently sits in the White House. We know and the world knows this truth, it is up to us now to rid ourselves of this horrid excuse for a human being.

I agree with you 100% except for one thing.

Your statement implies that Trump supporters are acting irrationally by supporting Trump. They aren't. Trump supporters are acting completely rationally. They just do not share our values. They like Trump because he is a jerk and because he is attacking the Constitution and because he is interfering with Democracy. Trump supporters themselves are jerks. Trump supporters love it when Trump is cruel because they themselves are cruel. Trump supporters don't mind Trump's lack of character because themselves have no character. Trump supporters don't mind when Trump attacks the right of people to vote because Trump supporters don't like Democracy, especially when the policies their political opponents support give black people and hispanics a fair deal. Trump supporters are not good people. They would have all voted for Hitler if they thought it was in their interest to do so.

Trying to suppress everyone's vote on a massive scale by interfering in the operations of the USPS during a global pandemic is pretty tyrannical.

Name the specific actions Trump has actually taken— as opposed to talking about them— which have hindered the USPS, and then maybe I will agree with you.

Well, we all know that nothing is ever Trump's fault... In your opinion, do jobs reports like this help or hurt and incumbent president 75 days before an election?

It is inevitable that some voters will blame the Prez, but I suspect their minds were made up from the start.

Where in the Constitution does it say, “mayors and governors will be permitted to let citizens be menaced by violent protesters if this action served the officials’ political ends?

This is pure fiction. Fox News has greatly exaggerated the violence that has taken place. Local officials have done a good job maintaining order in nearly all instances throughout this period except for a few instances.

Name the specific actions Trump has actually taken— as opposed to talking about them— which have hindered the USPS, and then maybe I will agree with you.

Okay, here you go. You really need to stop watching Hannity and Carlson and Ingraham. They aren't sharing with you any important, relevant news that might in any way reflect poorly on Trump.

This is from April:

Trump rejects bailout that included aid to USPS, report says - Business Insider

This is 7 days ago:

Trump admits he wants to block USPS funding to sabotage mail-in voting - Business Insider

This is the news of all the sorting machines being dismantled:

Reports Of Dismantled USPS Sorting Machines Continue Despite DeJoy Announcing Halt

Mail sorting machines taken apart in Grand Rapids - News - Holland Sentinel - Holland, MI

KUOW - 40% of letter-handling machines dismantled in Seattle-Tacoma area

https://www.syracuse.com/politics/c...s-sorting-machines-are-tossed-unions-say.html

https://www.vice.com/en_us/article/...ocuments-outline-plans-to-hobble-mail-sorting

In May, the USPS planned to remove a total of 969 sorting machines out of the 4,926 it had in operation as of February for all types of letters and flat mail. The vast majority of them—746 out of 3,765 in use—were delivery bar code sorters (DBCS), the type that sort letters, postcards, ballots, marketing mail and other similarly sized pieces. But a subsequent document distributed to union officials in mid-June said 502 of those machines would be removed from facilities.

Why dismantle sorting machines?

This is pure fiction. Fox News has greatly exaggerated the violence that has taken place. Local officials have done a good job maintaining order in nearly all instances throughout this period except for a few instances.

I don’t care if Portland is the only city currently under siege (though I don’t actually believe that); the pertinent question is, how has Trump violated the Constitution with a lot of talk, while Democrat officials get no bad press for abrogating their civic responsibilities?

Back
Top Bottom