• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Taking California off the Grid

VanceMack

Less like the tiger...more like the lion.
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
"In an open letter to Los Angeles Mayor Antonio Villaraigosa, Arizona corporation commissioner Gary Pierce points out that power plants in his state supply roughly 25% of the electricity that Los Angeles consumes. "If an economic boycott is truly what you desire, I will be happy to encourage Arizona utilities to renegotiate your power agreements so Los Angeles no longer receives any power from Arizona-based generation,"

Arizona Threatens to Cut Power to Los Angeles as Immigration Boycotts Grow - DailyFinance

Ive been gone a while...maybe this was already discussed. Personally...IU think it is very noble of Arizona to honor LAs threatened boycott. I think they should throw that switch IMMEDIATELY. Ariozona should not let its power generation corrupt those noble people in LA. Support the boycott. ENTIRELY. Turn out the lights!

"In an open letter to Los Angeles Mayor Antonio Villaraigosa, Arizona corporation commissioner Gary Pierce points out that power plants in his state supply roughly 25% of the electricity that Los Angeles consumes. "If an economic boycott is truly what you desire, I will be happy to encourage Arizona utilities to renegotiate your power agreements so Los Angeles no longer receives any power from Arizona-based generation,"

Arizona Threatens to Cut Power to Los Angeles as Immigration Boycotts Grow - DailyFinance

Ive been gone a while...maybe this was already discussed. Personally...IU think it is very noble of Arizona to honor LAs threatened boycott. I think they should throw that switch IMMEDIATELY. Ariozona should not let its power generation corrupt those noble people in LA. Support the boycott. ENTIRELY. Turn out the lights!

Already had threads on this.

http://www.debatepolitics.com/break...ut-off-los-angeles-power-payback-boycott.html

Read through some of the points made, though - we hashed deep into who has control over the water and, well, it's a grabbag of political goodies.

There's no way that Pierce could even hope to have persuasion - too many states have a say over the water supply as well as several branches of the government. Every beef they've had over it has had to go to court to be resolved - which is why California is midway in their 15 year requirement to lower energy usage and thus lessen their dependence on Hoover power.

Back
Top Bottom