• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Takes a year to fire this cop. Why so long?

If this "senior citizen" were really an ex military policeman, he'd know that he should cooperate with police when they're questioning him. ... ... ...Not showing the entire story.
That is a fallacy... the "entire story" is not needed. The old guy could have been shooting a bazooka at the cop before this... what matters is that when the video starts the old guy is merely arguing. That is not reasonable grounds to assault the old guy... who looks really old so I have no idea why you said, "senior citizen" in quotes like it is a lie.
BTW, the author of this thread is pulling a typical cop-hating leftwing tactic:
BTW... the author of your post is pulling the typical, not thinking and making a sweeping generalization fallacy that just because a person is arguing against bad police behavior they must be cop hating all cops. This type of thinking will forever limit ones ability to be impartial, to think clearly and to understand right from wrong.

EDIT: Ahhh... I got your first ever post. Time will tell if you are a Returner or not... one thing is for certain... you need to do better.

That is a fallacy... the "entire story" is not needed. The old guy could have been shooting a bazooka at the cop before this... what matters is that when the video starts the old guy is merely arguing.
Oh my, the little liberal snowflake is melting just thinking about how that mean ole cop talked to a "senior citizen".

I know that facts aren't important to your kind, but why did the police office have an interaction with the mouthy pretend ex military policeman to begin with?

Respect the police, they're here for your good. Romans 13:4.

BTW... the author of your post is pulling the typical, not thinking and making a sweeping generalization fallacy that just because a person is arguing against bad police behavior they must be cop hating all cops. This type of thinking will forever limit ones ability to be impartial, to think clearly and to understand right from wrong.

I'm sure that I'll see you around more cop-hating threads. I would suspect that you were one of head cheerleaders for junkie George Floyd when that fiasco was playing 24/7.

Well, if by "defund the police" you mean drumming criminal police officers out of the force and no longer giving them taxpayer money to abuse citizens, then yes. Let's defund those police officers.
Notice the quote marks, there's a reason for that.

If this "senior citizen" were really an ex military policeman, he'd know that he should cooperate with police when they're questioning him. BTW, the author of this thread is pulling a typical cop-hating leftwing tactic: Not showing the entire story.

He was doing absolutely nothing wrong.
Why should he have to listen to police give him commands if he's just standing and talking to someone?
Is that the America you want where you have to give total obedience to police at all times even if you've done nothing wrong?

That is a fallacy... the "entire story" is not needed. The old guy could have been shooting a bazooka at the cop before this... what matters is that when the video starts the old guy is merely arguing. That is not reasonable grounds to assault the old guy... who looks really old so I have no idea why you said, "senior citizen" in quotes like it is a lie.

EDIT: Ahhh... I got your first ever post. Time will tell if you are a Returner or not... one thing is for certain... you need to do better.
Takes decades to kill a mass murder. Why so long?
/Think of how many other people this asshole cop abused or falsely arrested.

Takes decades to kill a mass murder, rapist or drug lord. What so long?

Because you live in totalitarian hellhole! Way worse than Russia and even China!

Comparing apples to ... scorpions.
Mechanics get their jobs knowing that they will repair things and earn a living.
Cops get their jobs KNOWING FULL WELL that they will serve a totalitarian system littered with: gross overcriminalization(most people will be arrested for/charged with/tried and convicted for victimless/trivial crimes), grossly abusive people from collegue leos, to prosecutors and judges - who will destroy lives and won't be held accountable for their abuses
One has to have an evil character in order to be willing to become a cop in the US.

These cops commit serious crimes. They should be treated as dangerous criminals in the first place. I'm not aware of many jurisdictions where "unions" can give you immunity from arrest and criminal prosecution. In many other countries such cops would be arrested immediately.
No, unions can't give you immunity. But they can tell a city or state what that city and state has to go through to fire a cop which is what the OP is about. Not putting a cop in jail. You have to have a paper trail, efficiency reports, reprimands, counseling and on and on. If you have no paper trail of detrimental previous behavior, there's no firing a cop. There's been instances where a police office is convicted and is in jail, but still because of the collective agreement between city and the union, the cop is still on the police payroll. But put on administrative leave to serve his time. Sometimes with pay.

Big difference in firing and prosecuting. What you're talking about has nothing to do with the OP.

Yep, that is why many civil service positions essentially become jobs for life. These government employees are (or at least feel) so assured of their ‘job for life’ status that they are actually permitted to opt out of Social Security.

WOW!

Government employees need to stripped of the sweetheart deals they enjoy and join the real world with the rest of us.

Takes decades to kill a mass murder. Why so long?

Takes decades to kill a mass murder, rapist or drug lord. What so long?
It shouldn't. The process is ridiculous.

Another union that is too powerful... overall though, unions are good...

I would say that about Trade Unions.

Labor Unions were, at one time, a good thing.

Today? I'm guessing the ratio of good to bad is about 50-50.

I would say that about Trade Unions.

Labor Unions were, at one time, a good thing.

Today? I'm guessing the ratio of good to bad is about 50-50.
the union is only as good as the officials who are democratically elected by the bargaining unit members to represent their interests
as with our politicians, they elect the officials they deserve

Oh my, the little liberal snowflake is melting just thinking about how that mean ole cop talked to a "senior citizen".

I know that facts aren't important to your kind, but why did the police office have an interaction with the mouthy pretend ex military policeman to begin with?

Respect the police, they're here for your good. Romans 13:4.

I'm sure that I'll see you around more cop-hating threads. I would suspect that you were one of head cheerleaders for junkie George Floyd when that fiasco was playing 24/7.
1. No, we're not. We preserve order & the status quo. Your welfare or lack thereof means precisely nothing.

2. So murdering people is for their own good?

He was doing absolutely nothing wrong.
I must have missed that in the video, or are you going on the video where the guy, who appears to be intoxicated, said that he did nothing wrong?

Why should he have to listen to police give him commands
Because if he is interfering with a police officer, he's guilty of hinderance and/or obstructing an officer.

if he's just standing and talking to someone?
Is that the America you want where you have to give total obedience to police at all times even if you've done nothing wrong?

Again, show the entire video, not just a portion.

1. No, we're not. We preserve order & the status quo. Your welfare or lack thereof means precisely nothing.

2. So murdering people is for their own good?
Were you on drugs when you wrote that?

I must have missed that in the video, or are you going on the video where the guy, who appears to be intoxicated, said that he did nothing wrong?
Because if he is interfering with a police officer, he's guilty of hinderance and/or obstructing an officer.

Firstly how many people are interacted by police for being drunk and just peacefully waiting for a lift home? Why is it even an offence? I can understand if he was causing a problem but he was just sitting quietly waiting and doing the sensible thing by not driving home.

Secondly, the officer interacted with him the officer can't then claim that he was hindering an investigation he started for no reason and expect total obedience that's not how this works. An officer can't just decide to wander up to someone and demand ID for no reason and then get upset and threaten arrest just because that person doesn't feel like being stopped for no reason.

Americans are supposed to be free, what you seem to want is the ability to stop anyone at any moment for no reason at all and expect total submission.

I like how I owned your first post. Not responding is probably your best course of action.

I was a deputy sheriff for 14 years. It routinely took that much time to fire a deputy unless he committed a serious felony.
Sounds about right. In your experience were officers that were fired from one department hired at another department without past employment records... or whatever, being checked?

I like how I owned your first post. Not responding is probably your best course of action.
Yes, you own me master (aCultureWarrior humbly kneels at Bodhisattva's feet and begs for his forgiveness) BTW, the quality of police officers has gone down in this country since they started allowing homosexuals and transgenders as officers. Secular humanism rules in this once great Christian nation, so how does it feel to reap what you sow?

aCultureWarrior said:
Firstly how many people are interacted by police for being drunk and just peacefully waiting for a lift home?

Again, I must have missed that in the video. Could you point out where it was shown that he was "peacefully waiting for a lift home"?
Why is it even an offence? I can understand if he was causing a problem but he was just sitting quietly waiting and doing the sensible thing by not driving home.
Obviously the subject "was causing a problem" or a police officer wouldn't have made contact with him.
Secondly, the officer interacted with him the officer can't then claim that he was hindering an investigation he started for no reason and expect total obedience that's not how this works.
Actually it does work that way. Show the officer of the law respect, cooperate 100% and things will turn out just fine.

An officer can't just decide to wander up to someone and demand ID for no reason and then get upset and threaten arrest just because that person doesn't feel like being stopped for no reason.

Again, I must have missed that in the video. Could you point out where it was shown that the officer "wandered up to someone and demanded ID for no reason"?
Americans are supposed to be free, what you seem to want is the ability to stop anyone at any moment for no reason at all and expect total submission.
The officer needed probable cause. If Master Bodhisattva had bothered to show the whole story (or get a copy of the police report, which is a matter of public record), we'd know if the officer was justified in making contact with the subject or not.

Yes, you own me master (aCultureWarrior humbly kneels at Bodhisattva's feet and begs for his forgiveness) BTW, the quality of police officers has gone down in this country since they started allowing homosexuals and transgenders as officers. Secular humanism rules in this once great Christian nation, so how does it feel to reap what you sow?
I was a deputy sheriff and I don’t recall a ban on homosexuals. In fact I worked with six lesbians and at least one gay male.

The male ended up resigning because he was going to be fired over something unrelated to his sexuality or on the job performance.

aCultureWarrior said:
...BTW, the quality of police officers has gone down in this country since they started allowing homosexuals and transgenders as officers. Secular humanism rules in this once great Christian nation, so how does it feel to reap what you sow?
I was a deputy sheriff and I don’t recall a ban on homosexuals. In fact I worked with six lesbians and at least one gay male.
Sounds like you worked for the San Franswishco Police Dept. Prior to the gay rights movement of the 80's, homosexuals were not allowed to work as police officers.
The male ended up resigning because he was going to be fired over something unrelated to his sexuality or on the job performance.
Being that homosexuals have a huge amount of psychological as well as physical problems, without a doubt it was related to his chosen sexual orientation.

Yes, you own me master (aCultureWarrior humbly kneels at Bodhisattva's feet and begs for his forgiveness)
Absolutely. Forgiveness is the basis of compassion.
BTW, the quality of police officers has gone down in this country since they started allowing homosexuals and transgenders as officers.
Okay? lots of them running around doing transgender stuff while on the job instead of doing the job?
Secular humanism rules in this once great Christian nation, so how does it feel to reap what you sow?
Are you asking this to me or in general?

Back
Top Bottom