• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Take This Quiz: Where Do You Fit On The Political Map?

Alex

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian
This is a link that takes you to a political quiz:

http://www.theadvocates.org/quiz.html

The site says: "Take the Quiz now and find out where you fit on the political map!" It is a very short quiz and it provides a chart that shows you were your results fit. Please notice that I write, "where your results fit." I did not want to write "where you fit" because the quiz is so short. There are many other questions that could be asked that could result in a different way.

My result was: Libertarian 100%

Does anyone know of any quizes on the internet that may be more involved? Has Debate Politics ever considered creating a quiz for this?

galenrox said:
lol, I meant what answers did you give to pull that off.
score23.JPG

galenrox said:
so basically you don't trust the public about anything other than fiscal issues?
I don't trust the media. I don't see a problem with men being forced to serve their country in times of need. I don't believe drugs should be legal. I don't see a problem with men being forced to serve their country in times of need. I believe that National ID cards wouldn't impend on any person's constitutional rights, and they would infinitely improve national security.

I also believe in capitalism.. as long as no laws are broken, and general anti-trust legislation is enforced.

galenrox said:
Yeah, I've decided if there is a draft, and I'm drafted, I'll go, just on principle, but I also view it as odd that someone would find it ok to send people forcably to a war that they don't support. I mean, christ, I'm a pacifist, so it would be odd to send me there. I don't think that's really fair to send those who don't support the military action.
It has nothing to do with your personal "support" of the "military action." It has to do with you being born into the greatest country in the world, having all the rights, and opportunities you have, and fighting for what your country has deemed a threat to those rights and freedoms in the world, whether you agree with the deeming or not.

I suggest you read up on Alvin York, a staunch pacifist, drafted in WWI, who became the most decorated hero of the war.

galenrox said:
In my youth, I admittedly used several controlled substances... some on a regular basis. Despite claims to the contrary, drugs ruin lives. They ruin the lives of the users, and those around the users. Even Pot. I knew several pot smokers that spent their days taking bong hits, watching cartoons and sleeping. They become addicted, maybe not physically, but psychologically. They develope an attachment to a high state of mind. They only work hard enough for drug money, and many times commit illegal acts to get that. These same people will become a dredge on society, living off the advantage taken from government 'entitlement' programs, and private goodwill. They ruin families. Drug using teens are more likely to commit suicide, have children out of wedlock, and create drama that tears at the very fabric that holds their family together. They endanger lives. Have you ever seen someone on acid, so wacked out of their gord that they play in a busy street? Yes i believe pot is a "gateway drug". I was told pot was no big deal, that it wouldn't hurt me at all. During one of my highs, I was told to try another substance, and another, until I pretty much had done everythign put in fron of me including, shrooms, acid, coke, X, whipits, opium, aderol, and a few other substances.

Yes, I have met socially functioning potheads and drug users. I believe those to be exceptions to the rule.

galenrox said:
What about the right to privacy? The surpreme court has upheld on numerous occasions that there is a right to privacy, wouldn't that impune that right some?
Show me where it says 'right to privacy' in the constitution. A national ID card would in no way impune on any 'privacy'. I don't believe you should be able to hide your identity to government officials and law enforcement.

When a person's sex life spreads a disease which may endanger the life of others, knowingly or not, that should be illegal regardless of how it spread in their bedroom.

galenrox said:
Well then I can't possibly understand how you support drug prohibition and the draft, since both are extremely anti-capitalist.
I don't believe that to be true in the least.

galenrox said:
Drug prohibition is creating a false shortage of something where there is steady demand, and using governmental intervention to create extra profit for the drug lords, and so basically, economically speaking, drug prohibition is taking your tax dollars and shoving them right into the pockets of the gang bangers and drug lords, so congratulations, well spent!
way to try to combine an economics lesson with your support for drugs, and while the illegality may create higher street prices for the substances.. that has nothing to do with the fact that the substances should still be illegal.

galenrox said:
And the draft is way to ignore the capitalist evaluation of the public support for the war. The laws of economics show that people's actions speak louder than words, and if there aren't enough people willing to voluntarily join the army for whatever reason, patriotism, benefits, or whatever, that just shows that there isn't enough real public support of that war.
I believe you're confusing capitalism and democracy. People have the opportunity to elect political leaders that best represent their worldviews. If those political leaders deem it necessary to go to war, then their worldview obviously already represents a majority.

The public has the opportunity to show whether or not they support the actions of the politicians every election cycle.

Last edited:
galenrox said:
And I agree that the vast majority of drugs are bad and ruin people's lives. This doesn't explain why they should be illegal.
it doesn't?

galenrox said:
And the reason pot is a gateway drug is because it is illegal. Since it's illegal, who do you buy pot from? A drug dealer. And drug dealers want to sell real drugs to people, not just pot, cause coming from someone who has sold pot before, there's no money in just selling weed. So they push for you to try other ****.
Now if you went into Walgreens to buy some weed, how likely do you find it that the teller will try to get you to try some coke? A lot less likely than from a dealer, I can tell you that ****ing much!
A report on the myths of drug legalization

The National Families in Action found that during the decade when 11 states decriminalized marijuana, regular use tripled among adolescents, doubled among young adults, and quadrupled among older adults. Today, there are more than 8,000 emergency room visits for marijuana abuse each year, and 77,000 persons each year are admitted to treatment programs for marijuana abuse.

It is alleged that the problem may be worse today because marijuana is more addictive. The pro-legalization Lindesmith Institute challenged this in a recent Wall Street Journal letter. "The myth that marijuana is three times as potent [and therefore more addictive] as it was in the 1970s is based on a statistically invalid comparison. The potency of today's marijuana is measured by a large and diverse number of confiscated marijuana samples. The potency of 1970s marijuana was measured by a small and unrepresentative number of DEA-seized samples."

But the DEA cites tests of THC content. For example, the marijuana seized at Woodstock '69 had 1 percent THC; in 1974 the average THC was 3.6 percent; in 1984 it was 4.4 percent; and samples analyzed in 1992 were 29.86 percent. Based on these findings, DEA claims that marijuana may be between 30 and 60 times as potent as were the joints in the 1960s.

ONDCP director Lee Brown confirms the addictive nature of marijuana. "The public may have grown more blasÈ about marijuana over the years; the marijuana on the streets today is up to 10 times more potent than that available to teenagers a generation ago."

Cocaine is, of course, more addictive than marijuana. President William Howard Taft identified cocaine as "More appalling in its effects than any other habit-forming drug in the United States." He wanted it banned back in 1910. And the ranks of cocaine addicts grew before the substance was outlawed in 1915.

During the late 1960s, Dr. Marie Nyswander experimented with opiate addicts at the Rockefeller University, giving them free morphine, and saw the addicts' daily tolerance for morphine rise swiftly. Her partner, Dr. Vincent Dole, commented, "The doses on which you could keep them comfortable kept going up and up; the addicts were never really satisfied or happy. It was not an encouraging experience."

Nyswander noted, "Most drug abusers simply want to get high. Because the body daily develops more tolerance for abused drugs, addicts must use escalating dosages to achieve euphoria."

The DEA says that up to 75 percent of crack cocaine users could become addicts. And Mitchell Rosenthal believes that cheap and legal cocaine would increase addiction. He explains that "given unlimited access to cocaine, lab animals will consume increasingly greater amounts until they die.... [He points out that] in the U.S. there are between 650,000 and 2.4 million cocaine addicts."

Dr. Mark Gold, formerly the research director at Fair Oaks Hospital in Summit, New Jersey, now a professor at the University of Florida medical school and a recognized expert on cocaine, states, "Whereas one out of ten alcohol users become alcoholics, one out of four users of cocaine become addicted. If, for example, cocaine becomes legalized and use rose from 6 million to 60 million, this would mean we would have 15 million addicts in need of treatment, without prospects for a complete cure, constantly relapsing."

Dr. Herbert Kleber of Columbia University suggests that legalizing cocaine would increase use up to sixfold. And Joseph A. Califano, founding president of the Center on Addiction and Substance Abuse at Columbia University, notes that any "stamp of legality"on cocaine would lead to big increases in the number of addicts and "light a new flame beneath health care spending."

I'm saying the surpreme court's interpretation, which I think is probably better than yours or mine.

I agree, that's a fringe issue, but on the other side, if they aren't disease ridden, is it really the government's business what's going on there? And also, if it's someone's will, and they are at the very least MOSTLY law abiding, shouldn't they have the ability to fly below the government's radar? Like, my buddy's extremely paranoid about the government, and he doesn't do anything too illegal, except smoke a lot of weed and the occasional bump, yet he's so scared of the government that he won't join the ACLU just so the govenment won't have his name on a list. Shouldn't he have the right to fly beneath the radar?

And I disagree.
Except that the only people hurt in any major way by the illegality of drugs are the users and the petty dealers. The manufacturers and the big time dealers aren't scared, and they love prohibition, because they make a fortune off of it, and off of your misspent tax dollars. And there are people out there committing real crime, and yet we're wasting time and resources on people buying weed, it's just ridiculous.
Whether or not the substances should be illegal is a matter of personal opinion, but the facts remain that you have to decide do you believe strongly enough that the drugs should be illegal that you're willing to have your tax dollars going to making some coke peddling, murdering drug lord rich, or do you view legalizing them the lesser of two evils.

Yes, but voluntary joining of the military is a way of seeing how much people are into the war, a way to see if people support the war enough to put their money where their mouth is. It's a lot easier to support a war when someone else is gonna fight it, and a draft would ignore the fact that the majority are thinking of this war as a war that someone else is going to fight. See, the majority of these people aren't of the prime age to be drafted, like I am, and I find it reprehensible about people telling me that I should be fine with being drafted to fight in a war that they support but I don't. I would fight, but there's no ****ing way I would be happy about it, and I'd be pissed the **** off at the concept that you're able to say this from your ivory ****ing tower while playing your political games with the lives of me and my friends.

Yes, but this is also a public that the majority of don't have to put their money where their mouth is. If they want to fight, let them ****ing fight, but leave me the **** out of it.[/QUOTE]

Your PERSONAL issues Score is 60%.
Your ECONOMIC issues Score is 20%.

I am liberal, almost centrist...wow.

Yeah, it surprised me how close to the center I was.

ShamMol said:
Yeah, it surprised me how close to the center I was.

really well it's good to be near center to far either way is not a good thing

Looks like I'm a libertarian. Scored 80% both personal and economical.

CanadianGuy said:
really well it's good to be near center to far either way is not a good thing
I don't know. I appreciate the far's views a lot because without them, a lot of new (and crazy) ideas would not be around.

It says I am a liberal

LIBERALS usually embrace freedom of choice in personal
matters, but tend to support significant government control of the
economy. They generally support a government-funded "safety net"
to help the disadvantaged, and advocate strict regulation
of business. Liberals tend to favor environmental regulations,
defend civil liberties and free expression, support government action
to promote equality, and tolerate diverse lifestyles.

Your PERSONAL issues Score is 60%.
Your ECONOMIC issues Score is 20%.

The quiz is too small to be very accurate.You need a more comprehnsive quiz to be accurate.A persons political beliefs can be a mix of what might seem to some to be contradictory beliefs.

JOHNYJ said:
The quiz is too small to be very accurate.You need a more comprehnsive quiz to be accurate.A persons political beliefs can be a mix of what might seem to some to be contradictory beliefs.

Yes, but this gives a general idea of position. It says I'm central, which has also been said in other quizes I've found. I'll try to post a link to a more in-depth one if you want.

I'm a Centrist, but leaning right... I always thought i was more conservative though.

rudy0908 said:
Yes, but this gives a general idea of position. It says I'm central, which has also been said in other quizes I've found. I'll try to post a link to a more in-depth one if you want.

Please do post another.

I am middle of the road leftest. I see the new right wingers that have usurped the name of the old Republican Party as radicals and antiAmericans.
:spin:

America is becoming spanish speaking third world country. Greed and Averice control our government.

Heck Vicente Fox may be the real ruler of America. :mad:

KevinWan said:
I'm a Centrist, but leaning right... I always thought i was more conservative though.

lol believe me you are conservavtive

ACCORDING TO YOUR ANSWERS,

The political description that
fits you best is...

CENTRIST

CENTRISTS espouse a "middle ground" regarding government

control of the economy and personal behavior. Depending on

the issue, they sometimes favor government intervention

and sometimes support individual freedom of choice.

Centrists pride themselves on keeping an open mind,

tend to oppose "political extremes," and emphasize what

they describe as "practical" solutions to problems.

The RED DOT on the Chart shows where you fit on the political map.

Your PERSONAL issues Score is 30%.
Your ECONOMIC issues Score is 50%.

Attachments

• draw.png
    draw.png
    25.7 KB · Views: 9
ShamMol said:
I don't know. I appreciate the far's views a lot because without them, a lot of new (and crazy) ideas would not be around.

Yes but extreme veiws are not good for center or the other side of the spectum are they?

stsburns said:
ACCORDING TO YOUR ANSWERS,

The political description that
fits you best is...

CENTRIST

CENTRISTS espouse a "middle ground" regarding government

control of the economy and personal behavior. Depending on

the issue, they sometimes favor government intervention

and sometimes support individual freedom of choice.

Centrists pride themselves on keeping an open mind,

tend to oppose "political extremes," and emphasize what

they describe as "practical" solutions to problems.

The RED DOT on the Chart shows where you fit on the political map.

Your PERSONAL issues Score is 30%.
Your ECONOMIC issues Score is 50%.

Lol were in the same place.

lamaror said:
I am middle of the road leftest. I see the new right wingers that have usurped the name of the old Republican Party as radicals and antiAmericans.
:spin:

America is becoming spanish speaking third world country. Greed and Averice control our government.

Heck Vicente Fox may be the real ruler of America. :mad:

Well for southern america I have to agree with you.

Back
Top Bottom