• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Take the George W. Bush Quiz

I don't understand the validity of polls anyway.

44-50 percent of the country is ideological and will disapprove of him no matter what he does.

And then there's the other group that thinks if Bush farted in a bag it would be gold.

KCConservative said:
Question: What do falling oil prices, lower unemplyment figures, an Iraqi constitution and tougher political defense all add up to?

Answer: Job approval ratings up 6%

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/Bush_Job_Approval.htm

You seem to only approve of things when they are in your favor KC.

KCConservative said:
Polls are for sheep and this proves it.

Quote from: Bush Approval Plummets to 35%
http://www.debatepolitics.com/showthread.php?t=5190&page=32&highlight=bush+approval

Gibberish said:
You seem to only approve of things when they are in your favor KC.
Why would anyone approve of a poll that isn't in their favor? lol :roll:

KCConservative said:
Why would anyone approve of a poll that isn't in their favor? lol :roll:

Politically a person wouldn't because it would debunk their whole platform. Though you shouldn't say polls are pointless or "for sheep" then say "Hey look at what this poll says, America loves Bush again!". That is called what again? Flip-flopping?

cnredd said:
I agree....polls are useless...

To only use them when its to your advantage politically just shows the forum members that you pick & choose data only when you agree with it...

How is that conducive to actual debate?...:confused:

I was just pointing out the inconsistence in his thorugh process. One minute says polls are basically stupid and pointless then posts a thread saying "hey look at this good poll".

Gibberish said:
Politically a person wouldn't because it would debunk their whole platform. Though you shouldn't say polls are pointless or "for sheep" then say "Hey look at what this poll says, America loves Bush again!". That is called what again? Flip-flopping?

I flip flopped on purpose, Gibberish.....and you can't even see the irony when it's right under your very nose. :rofl If you accept the negative survey data of Bush, then you need to pony up and accept the positive.

lol, you're too easy, Gibby... a real piece of work.

KCConservative said:
I flip flopped on purpose, Gibberish.....and you can't even see the irony when it's right under your very nose. :rofl If you accept the negative survey data of Bush, then you need to pony up and accept the positive.

lol, you're too easy, Gibby... a real piece of work.

Try researching the style of my posts before you state my views. I do not accept any polls such as these as I do not know if they are targeted to specific demographical regions, and or different social classes. Like most things in the media they are swayed to expose pre-determined results. As such, your statment is based on opinion and assumptions.

Last edited:
Gibberish said:
Try researching the style of my posts before you state my views. I do not accept any polls such as these as I do not know if they are targeted to specific demographical regions, and or different social classes. Like most things in the media they are swayed to expose pre-determined results. As such, your statment is based on opinion and assumptions.

I must say, that is a very noble attempt to backpeddle away from your own foolishness. So which is it? Are his low poll numbers rising or not?

KCConservative said:
I must say, that is a very noble attempt to backpeddle away from your own foolishness. So which is it? Are his low poll numbers rising or not?

I have no clue and really could careless because he is still the President and his approval rating climbing or dropping percentages is not goign to change that. I would except the job to be completed the same no matter what the poll numbers indicate.

The point of my original post was to question/point out your inconsistences on the topic.

Did I miss the point of this thread with your original post? You mentioned Irony. What was the ironic part?

Gibberish said:
I was just pointing out the inconsistence in his thorugh process. One minute says polls are basically stupid and pointless then posts a thread saying "hey look at this good poll".
Did you miss the first two words of my post?...

I agree...

cnredd said:
Did you miss the first two words of my post?...

I agree...

Was answering your question of "How is that conducive to actual debate?". I assumed it was directed towards me since you were quoting me. It was in fact directed to KC?

Gibberish said:
Was answering your question of "How is that conducive to actual debate?". I assumed it was directed towards me since you were quoting me. It was in fact directed to KC?
Voila!...We have a winner...:2wave:

KCConservative said:
Question: What do falling oil prices, lower unemplyment figures, an Iraqi constitution and tougher political defense all add up to?

Falling oil prices that were up to $3.00 per gallon (not saying much)

Lower unemployment figures: INCORRECT

Iraqi constitution????? We will see what the Sunni's have to say about that?

Answer: You forgot to mention that his approval ratings are 36% not real good KCC

alphieb said:
Falling oil prices that were up to $3.00 per gallon (not saying much)
You were very quick to blame the president for the increase. Are you saying that you're not willing to give him credit for the decrease? Nope, nothing partisan about that. :roll:

alphieb said:
Lower unemployment figures: INCORRECT
Read it and weep, alf. http://www.bls.gov/news.release/empsit.nr0.htm

alphieb said:
Sounds like your against these people having a free and democratic nation in which to live. Thanks for proving my sig for me. ;)

alphieb said:
Answer: You forgot to mention that his approval ratings are 36% not real good KCC
Read the link, alf. It's dated today. 46%. That's up 6 points since yesterday, even.

KCConservative said:
You were very quick to blame the president for the increase. Are you saying that you're not willing to give him credit for the decrease? Nope, nothing partisan about that. :roll:

Sounds like your against these people having a free and democratic nation in which to live. Thanks for proving my sig for me. ;)

Par.#1. Bush had little to do with either, neither increase nor decrease, except his economic policies which sacrifice the workers for the comfort of corporations(but this has happened many times before)

Para.#2. A "free and democratic nation" as long as our military sits on it and Halliburton is sucking its oil.

Addition: Also approval raings mean very little, you should form your thoughts on people on what you think, not party lines or little poll numbers.

Also: KCCon. are the last 2 sentences on you sig. referencing to your self?"Slander before truth. Hate before logic." To me, it appears that you are telling us to do be doing that.

Also Addition: Wouldn't the Iraqi Cons. be credited more towards the Iraqis than Bush? Or did Bush and his cronies write it all up for them?

Say hi to your relative, AK Cons. and remind him to answer posts where some one answered his questions.

Last edited:
alphieb said:

Also if my memory serves me correctly, the constitution's deadline was nearly a year ago.

KCConservative said:

Read it and weep, alf. http://www.bls.gov/news.release/empsit.nr0.htm

Read the link, alf. It's dated today. 46%. That's up 6 points since yesterday, even.

First of all, I didn't blame Bush for the high gas prizes. His approval ratings are still not good, even though that does not mean much.

I'm not against these people having a free Dem. nation at all. I hope they do, but the Sunni's are not going to allow it. Plus the non Sunni's want us to leave now too. As we speak, their economy is a lot worse than it was and they are getting bitter. I'm not saying we should pull out now, because there would probably be a civil war. This mess should have never taken place. It has cost us WAY too much$$$$$$$$$$$.

KCConservative said:

How hypocritical is this thread considering you wrote:
Originally Posted by KCConservative
I also noted that of all the polls out there you selected the one that has the highest rating for Bush and you're ignoring the majority that show his approval ratings in the mid-30s? How come?

Originally Posted by KCConservative
Sheep.jpg

Last edited:
KCConservative said:
I think you need to read the link? You're claiming that Bush's number from this polling service is "up 6% since yesterday." That is 100% wrong. Read the link!

It's up exactly 1% since November 21st and 0% since YESTERDAY. Read the link...:doh

26 X World Champs said:
How hypocritical is this thread considering you wrote:

Ah champs. Speaking about hypocrisy. Let's refresh your memory champs, since you seem to forget things. Maybe KC forgot he posted the sheep comment. I'm sure you can understand that. After all, you say you forgot that you posted pictures of monkeys, KC talked about sheep. Both are animals. So champs, if you can forget about monkeys, maybe KC forgot about sheep. What's it gonna be? Can't have it both ways. Not while I'm around. Notice you don't ever reply to me champs. I don't blame you. I got the goods on you and you know it. And you know if you buck up I'll just have a little copy/paste session for all the new kids to see. Maybe one day I'll repost "The Great Monkey Fiasco" and all your ensuing lies just for their benefit. But there are some who look up to you and I find that humorous, so let's let it ride a while. Not that I care what you say or post. You're a proven liar and therefor your words mean nothing for ever and ever Amen. I just like reminding you I'm still here. Lying about monkeys. What would you're mother think?

26 X World Champs said:
I think you need to read the link? You're claiming that Bush's number from this polling service is "up 6% since yesterday." That is 100% wrong. Read the link!

It's up exactly 1% since November 21st and 0% since YESTERDAY. Read the link...:doh

Someone else (aps, I believe) rebutted this poll saying that his numbers were at 40% on December 1st. I did not research to see if they were giving me accurate information or not. But assuming they had, then the 46% on December 2nd would, indeed, indicate a 6 point jump overnight.

teacher said:
Maybe KC forgot he posted the sheep comment. I'm sure you can understand that. After all, you say you forgot that you posted pictures of monkeys, KC talked about sheep. Both are animals. So champs, if you can forget about monkeys, maybe KC forgot about sheep. What's it gonna be? Can't have it both ways.

Actually, I didn not forget about the sheep comment. It appears that some have missed the irony in my posts. You see, I still believe that polss are for sheep. My experiment in posting this new poll number was to see who would jump on the hypocrti bandwagon. Many did. Those who swear by the president's low approval numbers are backpeddlig and are not willing to accept his rising poll numbers. THey are the flip floppers.

cnredd said:
I agree....polls are useless...

To only use them when its to your advantage politically just shows the forum members that you pick & choose data only when you agree with it...

How is that conducive to actual debate?...:confused:

If polls are useless, why do we have so many of them on this website?

Back
Top Bottom