• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Taiwan president calls for international support to defend democracy

Hawkeye10

Buttermilk Man
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Other
TAIPEI (Reuters) - Taiwan President Tsai Ing-wen called on Saturday for international support to defend the self-ruled island's democracy and way of life in the face of renewed threats from China.

Tsai's comments came days after Chinese President Xi Jinping said nobody could change the fact that Taiwan was part of China, and that people on both sides of the Taiwan Strait should seek "reunification".

"We hope that the international community takes it seriously and can voice support and help us," Tsai told reporters in Taipei, referring to threats by China to use force to bring Taiwan under its control.

If the international community did not support a democratic country that was under threat, "we might have to ask which country might be next?" Tsai added.
https://www.yahoo.com/news/taiwan-president-vows-defend-democracy-way-life-033756218.html

Morons....The West is far along in dying....there will be no assistance forthcoming.

I’m thinking Taiwan needs to “remember the Alamo!”

I for one, would happily sell Taiwan all the weapons systems they would like.

Would be the same as getting more muskets and Bowie knifes to the defenders of the mission in San Antonio.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/taiwan-president-vows-defend-democracy-way-life-033756218.html

Morons....The West is far along in dying....there will be no assistance forthcoming.

Most Americans no longer have any heart for people in other nations suffering at the hands of brutal regimes. Americans used to go to bat for their allies around the world. Not so much now, likely because democrats and atheists have managed to suppress Christian values, character, and moral reasonableness over the last few decades with their atheistic perversion of the Constitution forced on Americans by wicked democrat activist judges appointed by ungodly democrats and atheistic liberals.

Last edited:
Most Americans have no heart for people in other nations suffering at the hands of brutal regimes. Americans used to go to bat for their allies around the world. Not so much now, likely because democrats and atheists have managed to suppress Christian values, character, and moral reasonableness over the last few decades with their atheistic perversion of the Constitution.

Yeah, Democrats are the ones chasing the allies away. It’s only a few days into 2019, but your post is in the running for the lamest of the year.........I nominate it......

Sorry Taiwan, we are no longer the world's policemen.

Most Americans no longer have any heart for people in other nations suffering at the hands of brutal regimes. Americans used to go to bat for their allies around the world. Not so much now, likely because democrats and atheists have managed to suppress Christian values, character, and moral reasonableness over the last few decades with their atheistic perversion of the Constitution forced on Americans by wicked democrat activist judges appointed by ungodly democrats and atheistic liberals.

No. The U.S. isn't going to the aid of Taiwan, we don't even recognize Taiwan but even if we did and they were an ally to the U.S. we wouldn't help. We're all about 'America First' now, remember? We don't care who does what to whatever country in the world no matter who it is as long as we protect us first.

Last edited:
No. The U.S. isn't going to the aid of Taiwan, we don't even recognize Taiwan but even if we did and they were an ally to the U.S. we wouldn't help. We're all about 'America First' now, remember? We don't care who does what to whatever country in the world no matter who it is as long as we protect us first.

It has been clear for at least 20 years that we are not going to come to the aid of Taiwan.....but notice how many have been willing to lie about that.

It is the lack of willingness to face the truth that has enfeebled the West, that now has us upon our death bed, but notice all the dimwits running around who still have no idea what is going on!

Last edited:
It has been clear for at least 20 years that we are not going to come to the aid of Taiwan.....but notice how many have willing to lie about that.

It is the lack of willingness to face the truth that has enfeebled the West, that now has us upon our death bed, but notice all the dimwits running around who still have no idea what is going on!
Good luck getting a WiFi or cell signal. They have the capability to blow up 300-600 things per day for about a week. Watch for Raytheon’s people to head out from there. At that point you might be able to figger out when mainland will start loosing things that go bump in the middle of the night.

Good luck getting a WiFi or cell signal. They have the capability to blow up 300-600 things per day for about a week. Watch for Raytheon’s people to head out from there. At that point you might be able to figger out when mainland will start loosing things that go bump in the middle of the night.

Clearly I am too stoned to read you at the moment.

Or maybe it is the Whopper with cheese that I am currently eating!

Would be the same as getting more muskets and Bowie knifes to the defenders of the mission in San Antonio.

If the Alamo had a large moat around it the defenders would have bleed Santa Anna dry. Taiwan is the Alamo in the ocean. The Chinese would have to turn the ocean around red to take that island. I dont just sell muskets and bowie knifes I also sell cannons with a large powder and shot selection for very reasonable prices. Not to mention pointy sticks which can be quite useful in defensive structures and are dirty cheap. There is also the boiling and burning oil kits too. Variety is the spice of life. :mrgreen:

Clearly I am too stoned to read you at the moment.

Or maybe it is the Whopper with cheese that I am currently eating!

Purchase a medium strawberry shake, then at the point where you barely have anymore to swish at the bottom of the cup, fill it up at the soda fountain with barges root beer. ( be prepared to suck the foaming head off the thing or you’ll make a mess at the fountain )

If the Alamo had a large moat around it the defenders would have bleed Santa Anna dry. Taiwan is the Alamo in the ocean. The Chinese would have to turn the ocean around red to take that island. I dont just sell muskets and bowie knifes I also sell cannons with a large powder and shot selection for very reasonable prices. Not to mention pointy sticks which can be quite useful in defensive structures and are dirty cheap. There is also the boiling and burning oil kits too. Variety is the spice of life. :mrgreen:

You seem like a fun guy.

I like that in a guy.

:thumbs:

Purchase a medium strawberry shake, then at the point where you barely have anymore to swish at the bottom of the cup, fill it up at the soda fountain with barges root beer. ( be prepared to suck the foaming head off the thing or you’ll make a mess at the fountain )

The Death of the West always deserved better than this from you.

if you read what happened, the elite troops of the Mexican army were decimated. Going from a battalion of 550 to a company+ of 280. Punji stakes would’ve done the trick with the others.

if you read what happened, the elite troops of the Mexican army were decimated. Going from a battalion of 550 to a company+ of 280. Punji stakes would’ve done the trick with the others.

Like I said. If the Alamo had a moat, they would have bled Santa Anna dry.

Like I said. If the Alamo had a moat, they would have bled Santa Anna dry.

That and Travis not ducking quickly when he peeked over the wall.

Kind of heartbreaking, isn't it? Now we don't even have a government that pretends to care. :(

"Well God Damn.....We can blame this all on Trump?......Sure why not.....we have not cared about honesty in ages......."THE ENDS JUSTIFY THE MEANS NOW, WHO GIVES A CRAP!" :rock".

Last edited:
Kind of heartbreaking, isn't it? Now we don't even have a government that pretends to care. :(

It's definitely not the same country we were raised to believe worked in our best interests globally. Now we're an isolationist country with no cares about what anyone does in their country. They can kidnap, execute, torture or whatever they want and the U.S. will turn a blind eye. They all knew what 'America First' really meant, the only ones that didn't know what it really mean was Trump supporters.

Sorry Taiwan, we are no longer the world's policemen.

Un should be the world's policeman and his first job is to tell China to keep it's hands off of Taiwan.

Go make him do that if you're bored and have nothing to do.

Later he has to tell them to keep their hands off of India.

China wouldn't want to screw up and get North Koreans pulling bloody exercises on their soil now would they?

This world is so screwed up.

I find this interesting. Trump has a good relationship with them and might be inclined to help. Would that be contradictory to his doctrine of being a noninterventionist if he does?

Is defending Taiwan in Americas interests?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

We are far too rotted out to accomplish defending the rather excellent democracy that has taken hold in Taiwan.

The New Chinese Empire does as it likes with the Island.

WAKE UP!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom