• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Taiwan president calls for international support to defend democracy

No. The U.S. isn't going to the aid of Taiwan, we don't even recognize Taiwan but even if we did and they were an ally to the U.S. we wouldn't help. We're all about 'America First' now, remember? We don't care who does what to whatever country in the world no matter who it is as long as we protect us first.

Nothing wrong with that...

There isn't any resolution here. Xi is determined to consume Taiwan into the mainland CCP-PRC during his reign. Pres. Tsai ing-wen of the pro independence Democratic Progressive Party rejects the one country two systems of Beijing. Taiwanese gave complete control of the government to DPP for the first time ever as DPP has pointed to the one country two systems being dismantled in Hong Kong. Taiwanese opposition to one country two systems is pervasive, strong, deep.

China Must Democratize for Taiwan Progress, President Tsai Says

China must usher in major democratic reforms if it hopes to overcome decades of mutual animosity with Taiwan, President Tsai Ing-wen said in Taipei Saturday.

Tsai called on Beijing to become more democratic and renounce the use of military force if it wants to have any chance of winning over the hearts and minds of the Taiwanese public.

“The insufficiency of China’s democratic system, its poor record on human rights, and the fact they have never renounced use of military force against Taiwan have caused a high degree of concern among the Taiwanese people,” Tsai said at a briefing.

Chinese President Xi Jinping offered on Wednesday to begin discussions on unification with any parties or individuals that accept Taiwan is part of “one China.” Both Tsai and the China-friendly opposition Kuomintang rejected Xi’s proposal, saying his “one country, two systems” framework lacks support in Taiwan.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/arti...atize-for-taiwan-progress-president-tsai-says

PLA doesn't have the capability to invade across the Strait and it won't ever have the capability given the Strait is a multi layered fortress that would eat alive any amphibious invasion force. CCP Dictator Tyrants in Beijing keep moving back the date of their having the amphibious capability to invade. Beijing's only invasion option is an assault from the open Pacific side of the island which would require a D-Day scale force absent the WWII allies air and naval superiority that was the prerequisite of success. Last year Taiwan displayed for the first time its SAMs that will demolish the southeast China mainland industrial and military centers if Beijing launched a war.

The Taiwan economy is as sound as any other despite Beijing trying to cripple it which is too tall an order for even Beijing to accomplish. All of Trump's China advisors are China hawks who want the US to formally recognize Taiwan, i.e., establish formal embassy and diplomatic recognition and relations. Bolton's view is strongly endorsed by Pentagon chiefs. Trump himself has long viewed China as the place he dislikes more than any other (and NK). While Mattis focus was on Nato and Iran the Acting SecDef Shananon has three priorities: China, China, China.

Last edited:
There isn't any resolution here. Xi is determined to consume Taiwan into the mainland CCP-PRC during his reign. Pres. Tsai ing-wen of the pro independence Democratic Progressive Party rejects the one country two systems of Beijing. Taiwanese gave complete control of the government to DPP for the first time ever as DPP has pointed to the one country two systems being dismantled in Hong Kong. Taiwanese opposition to one country two systems is pervasive, strong, deep.

China Must Democratize for Taiwan Progress, President Tsai Says

China must usher in major democratic reforms if it hopes to overcome decades of mutual animosity with Taiwan, President Tsai Ing-wen said in Taipei Saturday.

Tsai called on Beijing to become more democratic and renounce the use of military force if it wants to have any chance of winning over the hearts and minds of the Taiwanese public.

“The insufficiency of China’s democratic system, its poor record on human rights, and the fact they have never renounced use of military force against Taiwan have caused a high degree of concern among the Taiwanese people,” Tsai said at a briefing.

Chinese President Xi Jinping offered on Wednesday to begin discussions on unification with any parties or individuals that accept Taiwan is part of “one China.” Both Tsai and the China-friendly opposition Kuomintang rejected Xi’s proposal, saying his “one country, two systems” framework lacks support in Taiwan.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/arti...atize-for-taiwan-progress-president-tsai-says

PLA doesn't have the capability to invade across the Strait and it won't ever have the capability given the Strait is a multi layered fortress that would eat alive any amphibious invasion force. CCP Dictator Tyrants in Beijing keep moving back the date of their having the amphibious capability to invade. Beijing's only invasion option is an assault from the open Pacific side of the island which would require a D-Day scale force absent the WWII allies air and naval superiority that was the prerequisite of success. Last year Taiwan displayed for the first time its SAMs that will demolish the southeast China mainland industrial and military centers if Beijing launched a war.

The Taiwan economy is as sound as any other despite Beijing trying to cripple it which is too tall an order for even Beijing to accomplish. All of Trump's China advisors are China hawks who want the US to formally recognize Taiwan, i.e., establish formal embassy and diplomatic recognition and relations. Bolton's view is strongly endorsed by Pentagon chiefs. Trump himself has long viewed China as the place he dislikes more than any other (and NK). While Mattis focus was on Nato and Iran the Acting SecDef Shananon has three priorities: China, China, China.

Trump's trade guy Peter Navarro who is set on knocking the China burglars back in economics and technology is also a linkage guy, i.e., Xi needs to buzz off about Taiwan as a part of any trade agreement and settlement. CCP Boyz in Beijing are also well aware Washington has changed radically concerning China. While the China hostile Congress has always been restrained by each Potus, Trump is fully compatible with the hard line congress has always had toward Beijing. The Boyz don't like Marco Rubio in particular yet they haven't any leverage over him because while Rubio doesn't trust Russia it's China who are inserting themselves in Cuba and Central/South America.

The Boyz know moreover that if they take military action against Taiwan the entire region will align against Beijing, from SK, Japan, Australia, the South China Sea nations and India. Beijing will become Putin crashing around militarily against its neighbors who will need to form their own kind of Nato whether formally or informally. Because if Beijing moved militarily against Taiwan the Dictator-Tyrants would graduate themselves from overbearing bully to menacing and deadly aggressor. Xi knows this indeed. If Xi would get away seizing Taiwan there'd be no stopping him which the nations of the region would resist and reject completely. As US found out in Vietnam, the peoples of the region will die for their land and livelihood rather than be consumed by a foreign power no matter how powerful it may be and no matter the time factor.

China can blockaid the island anytime they want, and it will work, blockaid's always work.

And you are allegedly a military guy......Right?

Trump's trade guy Peter Navarro who is set on knocking the China burglars back in economics and technology is also a linkage guy, i.e., Xi needs to buzz off about Taiwan as a part of any trade agreement and settlement. CCP Boyz in Beijing are also well aware Washington has changed radically concerning China. While the China hostile Congress has always been restrained by each Potus, Trump is fully compatible with the hard line congress has always had toward Beijing. The Boyz don't like Marco Rubio in particular yet they haven't any leverage over him because while Rubio doesn't trust Russia it's China who are inserting themselves in Cuba and Central/South America.

The Boyz know moreover that if they take military action against Taiwan the entire region will align against Beijing, from SK, Japan, Australia, the South China Sea nations and India. Beijing will become Putin crashing around militarily against its neighbors who will need to form their own kind of Nato whether formally or informally. Because if Beijing moved militarily against Taiwan the Dictator-Tyrants would graduate themselves from overbearing bully to menacing and deadly aggressor. Xi knows this indeed. If Xi would get away seizing Taiwan there'd be no stopping him which the nations of the region would resist and reject completely. As US found out in Vietnam, the peoples of the region will die for their land and livelihood rather than be consumed by a foreign power no matter how powerful it may be and no matter the time factor.

N.B.: Do pardon the editing but I'm posting from China and I'm having more than the usual problems with censors.

No. The U.S. isn't going to the aid of Taiwan, we don't even recognize Taiwan but even if we did and they were an ally to the U.S. we wouldn't help. We're all about 'America First' now, remember? We don't care who does what to whatever country in the world no matter who it is as long as we protect us first.

Good Americans still recognize Taiwan, Israel and other civilized nations of the world.

Yeah, Democrats are the ones chasing the allies away. It’s only a few days into 2019, but your post is in the running for the lamest of the year.........I nominate it......

Obama unilaterally went to war with Libya, deposing Gaddafi and paving the way for ISIS to move in. Obama also ditched our promises to stand by Ukraine if attacked. Promises don t mean a thing to the wicked.

N.B.: Do pardon the editing but I'm posting from China and I'm having more than the usual problems with censors.

If you should disappear for a few months I will assume that the Chinese have you under lock and key.

You best be careful.

Nations are run by humans, and humans always go with the "winner."

So Taiwan, sadly, cannot expect any help.

Currently, the United States of America is Taiwan's only hope to survive as a democratic nation.

When (not "if") the Democrats retake power in our country, however, they will probably urge Taiwan to come to a settlement with China.

(P.S. To be fair, Taiwan was part of China until a certain neighbor took it away from China in a war. So maybe President Xi has a point about Taiwan's being a part of China. His implication of using violence, of course, is ominous. Maybe the unimaginable will someday occur: China becomes a democracy and Taiwan then returns to the Motherland.)

China can blockaid the island anytime they want, and it will work, blockaid's always work.

And you are allegedly a military guy......Right?

My post presented some economic and political considerations on the thread topic to include the invasion option by Beijing if that were pursued. My post made no claim or attempt to be comprehensive in respect of other options which may exist. Below is a more comprehensive analysis by Pentagon of how CCP Dictator Tyrants in Beijing could approach a military campaign to subdue or defeat Taiwan.

This Is How the U.S. Thinks China Could Invade Taiwan

But what if Beijing has other ideas?[/B]

December 27, 2018

A new Pentagon report lays out China’s military options for invading Taiwan. And while a huge amphibious assault is one possibility for “reunifying” Taiwan with mainland China, Beijing’s burgeoning arsenal gives it plenty of other options.

The invasion analysis is part of the latest edition of the Pentagon’s annual report on China’s military capabilities and strategy. It doesn’t just reflect an assessment of China’s military options. It also reflects how the U.S.—which could in theory go to war with China in order to stop an invasion of Taiwan—views the advantages and disadvantages of those options

Naval blockade. China could starve out Taiwan, which imports much of its food and fuel. Beijing could compel ships to stop in mainland ports for inspection. Or, the Chinese Communist Party could declare the waters around Taiwan to be live-fire training zones, discouraging ships from entering, just as it did in 1995.

“China today probably could not enforce a full military blockade,” the Pentagon concludes. “However, its ability to do so will improve significantly over the next five to 10 years.”

Limited force. China could unleash cyber-warfare or raids by Special Operations Forces “against Taiwan’s political, military and economic infrastructure to induce fear in Taiwan and degrade the populace’s confidence in the Taiwan leadership.”

Air and missile attacks.
“China could use missile attacks and precision strikes against air defense systems, including air bases, radar sites, missiles, space assets and communications facilities to degrade Taiwan’s defenses, neutralize Taiwan’s leadership, or break the Taiwan people’s will to fight.”

Amphibious invasion. There are actually a couple of options here. China is currently capable of grabbing, with little overt preparation, Taiwanese islands such as Pratas, Itu Aba, Matsu or Jinmen, according to the Pentagon’s assessment.

Or the Chinese could simply launch an all-out seaborne assault to seize a beachhead and eventually take over the whole of Taiwan proper. But international condemnation, combat attrition and urban warfare and counterinsurgency in Taiwanese cities could make the attempt risky. In fact, all of these options carry political risks for China in terms of international political and economic pressure. Some sound like they could backfire.

https://warisboring.com/this-is-how-the-u-s-thinks-china-could-invade-taiwan/

The Pentagon report does not discuss Taiwan responses or the possible or likely responses of the US or the region's nations to include global responses, which would be severe.

My post discussed in some detail the problems confronting the Dictator Tyrants in Beijing if they chose the amphibious assault. I would add to it given more space and word count in this post that Beijing would launch a massive missile assault against the island's defenses, which the Taipei government and armed forces fully anticipate and are prepared to sustain and answer with their own ground to ground missiles to devastate the heavily industrial southeast of China which produces $2.5 Trillion of the $12 Trillion annual gdp. Guangdong province alone -- between Taiwan and Hong Kong -- is itself the most productive province at $1.3 Trillion. While HKG would be out of range of Taiwan missiles the island special administrative region of Beijing would suffer substantial economic losses as well. While all of these loses would mean nothing to CCP Dictator Tyrants the Chinese people would not accept any of it or them.

Because your idiot liberal buddies would be out in force calling the US a hegemony.

If you should disappear for a few months I will assume that the Chinese have you under lock and key.

You best be careful.

Of course, however, I'm doing fine thx. The mind control censors are on my connection to here and elsewhere every minute. They have 101 ways to interfere, obstruct, negate, deflect away my posts here and my activities at other websites. I'm not the only one either. Every foreign devil gets it and every Chinese is monitored and censored as per by Big Brother computers.

Chinese "netizens" have discussion boards that are monitored of course and where a given post in Chinese will be disappeared within a short time after it is placed if it is disapproved. The censors btw are called the Red Army cause many of 'em are PLA.

The hassle for me is at my desktop and using the Chinese networks. I use the best vpn, which is Express VPN the censors can't beat no matter how hard they work at it. (CCP keeps putting out false news articles they've blocked it ha ha ha pathetic as the censors technology is here.) Express specializes in the CCP China Firewall and busts it without fail. The censors operate inside China however and control their networks connecting to the internet.

The one thingy the censors have done effectively is to attack the security systems everyone buys to protect and clean your computer. That is their most effective approach. They have that down well. So the workaround for us is to buy and use minimum security, some of which are better than most security systems. That leaves the Boyz censors very little to work with. I use a European based security system the censors attack of course and occasionally affect but the system works its way through it just fine. American computer security systems operating in China have compromised themselves so they're not reliable. Sold their soft asses to the devil is a true way to put it. The past year I started using a browser developed by Vietnam with sly French input that the Chinese censors have yet to figure out effectively.

Back
Top Bottom