• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Tactical Nukes

Ukraine is a sovereign democracy like we are. Surrendering to Russia because they have nukes has been ruled out long ago. Putin can't nuke anyone unless Russia is nuked first. That is Russian law and his Generals will follow that law. Make no mistake surrendering to Putin would mean the end of us too.

This is not or sphere of influence, Ukraine is not in NATO. Let this sink in, respectfully.

Anyone who thinks this conflict will end without Russia acquiring land from Ukraine is just plain stupid. Sorry. But that is the plain truth.

and yet he can't be defeated because he has chemicals and nukes

Isn't that the conundrum?

THINK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I've thought. Tell Russia and the US to think. The stupid assholes are fixing to kill millions or billions.

Tactical nukes seem to get a lot of attention these day and for the record Putin will use them if Ukraine does not capitulate and he can't win with conventional forces which it seems he can't.

Says who ?
(for the record).

So, just how powerful are tactical nukes? These are no mere bunker buster bombs kicked up a notch.

You seem so sure Putin will use them, but don't know what yield they have ?

A tactical nuke has the same strength as the bomb we dropped on Hiroshima. Enough to destroy a medium sized city.

Again, says who ?
Are there tactical nuclear weapons with a smaller or larger yield than the Hiroshima bomb ?

How powerful are strategic nukes? Well, these are unimaginably strong. At 50 miles from detonation expect burns and to be ripped apart by flying glass as all windows will blow out. Inside 50 miles, the closer you get, the worse it gets. Winds will start out at 500 mph from teh blast site.

Says who ?

So what say you? Still feeling hard line toward Putin over Ukraine, a non NATO member?

I say you don't know what you're talking about

You can't even distinguish a tactical nuclear weapon, from a strategic one

A US general, during the Cold War, famously quipped that a tactical nuclear bomb, was one that exploded in Germany.

I've thought. Tell Russia and the US to think. The stupid assholes are fixing to kill millions or billions.

You sound like the European branch of Amnesty International, who said that the Ukraine was responsible for so much death and destruction in the current invasion of their country, because they CHOSE to resist the Russian forces.

If Russia launched nuclear weapons and the West (USA) did nothing, who would be the assholes ?

You sound like the European branch of Amnesty International, who said that the Ukraine was responsible for so much death and destruction in the current invasion of their country, because they CHOSE to resist the Russian forces.

If Russia launched nuclear weapons and the West (USA) did nothing, who would be the assholes ?

Chuckle.

Only in a convectional war, no?

Nope, in a nuclear war too.

And who will align with Putin? Will India and China stand beside him? Seems so.

No-one, and no it doesn't.

Call him what you like this kind of behavior has been repeated throughout history. What makes him different than Vlad the Impaler, Hitler, Stalin, Napoleon is more the question, no?

Nuclear weapons. THAT is what makes him different.

I can't believe that we are at a point where someone is talking about using them.

Then wake up and read the news. Russia has been threatening their use for months now.

If used, there will be a response. Will there be a response to that response?

Depends how effective that response is (and it doesn't have to be a nuclear one).

The US cannot simply back away. That would empower vlad and he would use the same threat when he moved into other areas. I continue to believe that Russia will not use those weapons (although chemical warfare has been used).

Unfortunately, I could be wrong.

You're probably right but sadly, we might all be.

He already is, though.

What is a nuclear power plant, if not an immobile nuclear bomb?

Nuclear power plants cannot undergo a nuclear explosion. The fuel is not concentrated enough.

Putin would have to be an absolute madman to use nukes against Ukraine.

1. Wind would carry some of the radiation into Russia.
2. Any use of nukes would get NATO involved. If his army can't even stand up to Ukraine's, they'd get steamrolled by NATO's.
A conflict between NATO and Russia will end up with a nuclear exchange. And no one will come out of that looking pretty.

What Amnesty actually said was that they recorded dozens of instances of Ukraine setting up shop in hospitals (often occupied) and schools, and then when Russia inevitably hits the building, Ukraine can say "tah dah!", look at Russian war crimes!

Not to mention, all these macho claims of fire and fury reminds me of someone else who enjoyed such bluster and threats. Namely, a former POTUS

This is not or sphere of influence, Ukraine is not in NATO. Let this sink in, respectfully.
Let this sink in. If we let Putin take Ukraine Poland will be next and so on until he has all of europe. Why not? The same rules will apply. He who has nukes wins. Is that what you want?

What Amnesty actually said was that they recorded dozens of instances of Ukraine setting up shop in hospitals (often occupied) and schools, and then when Russia inevitably hits the building, Ukraine can say "tah dah!", look at Russian war crimes!
LOL That was not true in Syria and it is not true in Ukraine. Russia attacks civilians to terrorize them and get them to leave.

Fact is, we don't know for sure but we suspect Russian nukes to be between 500 and 800 kilotons so you are basically correct, we hope.
This does not contradict my opening post in any way. I know these numbers and what they do where.

Like I said, I personally have over 30 seconds to get to my basement after the flash. My windows are likely to blow out.

If a 50,000 kiliton Tsar is used, well, then I am in a bit of trouble. Likely on fire.
I will have about 30 minutes to drive toward the airport if I am at home. Being vaporized is better than burning or being buried alive.

If I am at work, the 8 floors above me will come through my office before the thermal pulse can get through the 16' of concrete on either side of my office.

I have no intention of living in a post nuclear war world.

A conflict between NATO and Russia will end up with a nuclear exchange. And no one will come out of that looking pretty.
So Russia would commit suicide then? That is what using a nuke is. But you are right about one thing... no one can win a nuclear war. Even threatening it is a sign of a loser.

Says who ?
(for the record).

You seem so sure Putin will use them, but don't know what yield they have ?

Again, says who ?
Are there tactical nuclear weapons with a smaller or larger yield than the Hiroshima bomb ?

Says who ?

I say you don't know what you're talking about

You can't even distinguish a tactical nuclear weapon, from a strategic one

A US general, during the Cold War, famously quipped that a tactical nuclear bomb, was one that exploded in Germany.

You clear have much to research on the matter. The info is easy to find.

Let this sink in. If we let Putin take Ukraine Poland will be next and so on until he has all of europe. Why not? The same rules will apply. He who has nukes wins. Is that what you want?

Ridiculous assumption. Totally ridiculous. Poland is part of Nato.

Apples and oranges.

Back
Top Bottom