• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

T-Mobile executives stayed at Trump’s hotel while merger that needed administration’s approval was p

JacksinPA

Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Monthly Donator
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Progressive
https://thehill.com/policy/technolo...ives-stayed-at-trumps-hotel-while-merger-that

Nine top executives from T-Mobile booked reservations at Trump International Hotel in Washington, D.C. one day after it was announced that T-Mobile’s merger with Sprint would require the administration’s approval.

T-Mobile executives stayed at the hotel for at least 38 nights during 2018, according to lists obtained by The Washington Post.
===================================================
In essence they bribed Trump as he has a direct financial connection to the hotel.

Just another day at the swamp.. err... 38 days

Quid pro quo... and no one should be surprised.

https://thehill.com/policy/technolo...ives-stayed-at-trumps-hotel-while-merger-that

Nine top executives from T-Mobile booked reservations at Trump International Hotel in Washington, D.C. one day after it was announced that T-Mobile’s merger with Sprint would require the administration’s approval.

T-Mobile executives stayed at the hotel for at least 38 nights during 2018, according to lists obtained by The Washington Post.
In essence they bribed Trump as he has a direct financial connection to the hotel.

Sounds like a "no big deal" kind of thing to me.

But tell me...what decision was made about the merger? Has Trump had any input into the actual decision-making process? That article doesn't seem to think any of that matters, right? Innuendo is all that matters.

Sounds like a "no big deal" kind of thing to me.

But tell me...what decision was made about the merger? Has Trump had any input into the actual decision-making process? That article doesn't seem to think any of that matters, right? Innuendo is all that matters.

That's why Presidents are supposed to not have any conflicts of interest, like this President has.

“I will obviously leave your hotel right away,” Legere wrote on Twitter in April 2015, during a public spat that began with complaints about Legere’s stay at a Trump hotel in New York and escalated when Trump called T-Mobile’s service “terrible.”

Later, Legere mocked Trump’s hotels after checking out. “I am so happy to wake up in a hotel where every single item isn’t labeled ‘Trump,’ ” he wrote, according to news coverage. Those tweets appear to have been deleted.

Three years later, on the day after the Sprint merger was announced, Legere was scheduled to arrive at the Trump hotel in Washington.

Then Legere (CEO of T-mobile) stays at Trump's hotel at least 4 times shortly after he announced he needed Trump administration approval for his merger.

Sure, there is no connection here... Just an innuendo. :lamo

That's why Presidents are supposed to not have any conflicts of interest, like this President has.

Then Legere (CEO of T-mobile) stays at Trump's hotel at least 4 times shortly after he announced he needed Trump administration approval for his merger.

Sure, there is no connection here... Just an innuendo. :lamo

I certainly don't need you to repeat what the article says when I ask questions about what the article doesn't say. Do you think it's useful to repeat the innuendo?

Again...what decision was made about the merger? Has Trump had any input into the actual decision-making process?

emoluments, shmemoluments.

I certainly don't need you to repeat what the article says when I ask questions about what the article doesn't say. Do you think it's useful to repeat the innuendo?

Yes, I think it's useful and it's useful for other readers to see some of the interesting points in the article. Not everyone is going to bother reading it.

Again...what decision was made about the merger? Has Trump had any input into the actual decision-making process?

It does not matter on many fronts. Clearly, people TRY to use the hotels when they need Trump administration favors. I don't care to bother looking up how much influence Trump had here. Even if I don't find anything, it does not mean it was not there. Not everything is public knowledge. Further, someone working on Trump administration could have been told, hey, we stay at Trump hotels, wink wink, and spend a bunch of money in his other businesses, make sure you treat us well or we tell your boss. Even that could have undue influence thanks to Trump's conflicts of interest.

And they ate Big Macs and Dominos pizza during the entire stay. :lamo

Have the dems started an investigation yet? (grin)

Yes, I think it's useful and it's useful for other readers to see some of the interesting points in the article. Not everyone is going to bother reading it.

It does not matter on many fronts. Clearly, people TRY to use the hotels when they need Trump administration favors. I don't care to bother looking up how much influence Trump had here. Even if I don't find anything, it does not mean it was not there. Not everything is public knowledge. Further, someone working on Trump administration could have been told, hey, we stay at Trump hotels, wink wink, and spend a bunch of money in his other businesses, make sure you treat us well or we tell your boss. Even that could have undue influence thanks to Trump's conflicts of interest.

Can you give any actual examples of people who have tried to use a hotel when they needed favors from Trump? Can you give any examples of when that has worked?

Hey...I know...you could start with this T-Mobile thing.

Back
Top Bottom