• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Syrian refugees flood in; hundreds on monday

MickeyW

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
And how many are carrying diseases and are ISIS supporters or sympathizers?

We will probably find out. If something happens before November you can't count on a President Trump.

I really hope this goes well.

Got some doubts here and there, but I think any issues will be minor. Well, hope.

As many as your fearful little mind can count!

I suggest panic and hysteria, it'll speak well to Trump supporters.

The State Department admitted 80 Syrian refugees on Tuesday and 225 on Monday, setting a new single-day record, as President Obama surges to try to meet his target of 10,000 approvals this year — sparking renewed fears among security experts who say corners are being cut to meet a political goal.

State Department sets single-day record for Syrian refugee approvals, renewing security fears - Washington Times

If the people are well screened and chosen for qualities that make it probable that they will fit into the US well? The more the better.

The State Department admitted 80 Syrian refugees on Tuesday and 225 on Monday, setting a new single-day record, as President Obama surges to try to meet his target of 10,000 approvals this year — sparking renewed fears among security experts who say corners are being cut to meet a political goal.

State Department sets single-day record for Syrian refugee approvals, renewing security fears - Washington Times

Saying that the vetting process they go through........... I bet it will all go smoothly and your typical bull**** fear mongering will turn out to be what it really is, bull****.

How many white people in your town carry diseases or are white power supporters or sympathizers?

Why don't the other countries like Saudi Arabia take them in? We see what's happening in the EU; those immigrants don't want to assimilate, they want to recreate what they left, and they are doing just that!

We will probably find out. If something happens before November you can't count on a President Trump.

That's correct.............................because he won't be elected yet!

I really hope this goes well.

Got some doubts here and there, but I think any issues will be minor. Well, hope.

I have many doubts, but what difference does it make .....right?

As many as your fearful little mind can count!

I don't have a fearful little mind, I have a shrewd, cunning, skeptical mind and I have lived many decades to see the folly of liberalism....replete with historical footnotes.

I suggest panic and hysteria, it'll speak well to Trump supporters.

BS!

If the people are well screened and chosen for qualities that make it probable that they will fit into the US well? The more the better.

The screening process is about an hour long and is ludicrous.

Saying that the vetting process they go through........... I bet it will all go smoothly and your typical bull**** fear mongering will turn out to be what it really is, bull****.

Fear mongering? Nope. Try again.

How many white people in your town carry diseases or are white power supporters or sympathizers?

That would be next to none, most and most. Seeing as how my town is 99.8% white(includes Asian).

The people who will see the downside of these so called refugees, will be mostly in the large cities where the majority of US crime occurs anyway......I stay out of those for the most part.

Why don't the other countries like Saudi Arabia take them in? We see what's happening in the EU; those immigrants don't want to assimilate, they want to recreate what they left, and they are doing just that!

You are absolutely correct....and I have asking the same question. As I see it, they want to come over here and force Sharia Law on us, like in Europe!

There will be blood, me thinks.

There's no point relocating them into communities that dehumanises every single one of the refugees, already hates their guts and doesn't want any of them there. That's not much of a life either.

Why don't the other countries like Saudi Arabia take them in?
You already know.

Nations like the Saudi kingdom lack a shred of moral fiber.

We don't expect anything of them, that's the general attitude of much of the planet to the Islamic world these days I'd imagine. Certainly true for the West.

Perhaps one in four of those who arrive in Sweden claiming to be Syrian. Perhaps one in fifty who claim to be children - that is 17 or younger - actually are children. I understand the US is carrying out 'screening'. Is this meaningful or merely a gesture?

There's no point relocating them into communities that dehumanises every single one of the refugees, already hates their guts and doesn't want any of them there. That's not much of a life either.
That's how Muslims treat non Muslims in most of the middle east.

Nevada is getting a lot of Californian's flooding our state so there's no telling how many of those liberals are carrying diseases with them.

The screening process is about an hour long and is ludicrous.

This is a flat out lie. Do you even believe the bull**** you spew?
"All refugees taken in by the U.S. undergo extensive background checks. The small number from Syria are subject to additional layers of security screening.

“Of all the categories of persons entering the U.S., these refugees are the single most heavily screened and vetted,” explains Jana Mason, a senior adviser to the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees."
Syrian Refugees: Here's How the Screening Process Works

"Let’s begin with an overview of the refugee admissions process.

Before a refugee even faces U.S. vetting, he or she must first clear an eligibility hurdle. The United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees — or occasionally a U.S. embassy or another NGO — determines which refugees (about 1 percent) should be resettled through its own process, which can take four to 10 months.

As we noted in a previous fact-check, once a case is referred from the UNHCR to the United States, a refugee undergoes a security clearance check that could take several rounds, an in-person interview, approval by the Department of Homeland Security, medical screening, a match with a sponsor agency, "cultural orientation" classes, and one final security clearance. This all happens before a refugee ever gets onto American soil.

Karen Jacobsen, the director of the Refugee and Forced Migration Program at Tufts University noted that this intensive vetting process as well as U.S law on refugees and asylum seekers "makes it difficult to quickly admit large numbers of refugees."

So how long does it take? Worldwide, about a year to 18 months, according to a State Department fact-sheet cited by the Bush campaign. A different page on the State Department website estimates an average time of 18 to 24 months.

For refugees from Syria and similar countries, however, the process can span two years, a spokesperson for the State Department told the Voice of America in September. Experts confirmed that two years is the average review duration for Syrian refugees, which means that some wait even longer.

"It can actually take almost three years. (Bush) is being optimistic," said Lavinia Limón, the president of the advocacy group, the U.S. Committee for Refugees and Immigrants. "The process for refugees is the most extensive security screening we have for visitors. It’s easier to come in as a tourist, a student, a businessman."
Jeb Bush: 'It takes almost a year for a refugee to be processed in the United States' | PolitiFact

"This Web page provides information about the security screening and background checks required by the U.S. Refugee Admissions Program (USRAP) as well as the refugee resettlement process. The USRAP is an interagency effort which includes a number of governmental and non-governmental partners both abroad and in the United States. Refugee applicants have the highest level of background and security checks of any category of traveler to the United States."
https://www.uscis.gov/refugeescreening

This is a flat out lie. Do you even believe the bull**** you spew?
"All refugees taken in by the U.S. undergo extensive background checks. The small number from Syria are subject to additional layers of security screening.

“Of all the categories of persons entering the U.S., these refugees are the single most heavily screened and vetted,” explains Jana Mason, a senior adviser to the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees."
Syrian Refugees: Here's How the Screening Process Works

"Let’s begin with an overview of the refugee admissions process.

Before a refugee even faces U.S. vetting, he or she must first clear an eligibility hurdle. The United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees — or occasionally a U.S. embassy or another NGO — determines which refugees (about 1 percent) should be resettled through its own process, which can take four to 10 months.

As we noted in a previous fact-check, once a case is referred from the UNHCR to the United States, a refugee undergoes a security clearance check that could take several rounds, an in-person interview, approval by the Department of Homeland Security, medical screening, a match with a sponsor agency, "cultural orientation" classes, and one final security clearance. This all happens before a refugee ever gets onto American soil.

Karen Jacobsen, the director of the Refugee and Forced Migration Program at Tufts University noted that this intensive vetting process as well as U.S law on refugees and asylum seekers "makes it difficult to quickly admit large numbers of refugees."

So how long does it take? Worldwide, about a year to 18 months, according to a State Department fact-sheet cited by the Bush campaign. A different page on the State Department website estimates an average time of 18 to 24 months.

For refugees from Syria and similar countries, however, the process can span two years, a spokesperson for the State Department told the Voice of America in September. Experts confirmed that two years is the average review duration for Syrian refugees, which means that some wait even longer.

"It can actually take almost three years. (Bush) is being optimistic," said Lavinia Limón, the president of the advocacy group, the U.S. Committee for Refugees and Immigrants. "The process for refugees is the most extensive security screening we have for visitors. It’s easier to come in as a tourist, a student, a businessman."
Jeb Bush: 'It takes almost a year for a refugee to be processed in the United States' | PolitiFact

"This Web page provides information about the security screening and background checks required by the U.S. Refugee Admissions Program (USRAP) as well as the refugee resettlement process. The USRAP is an interagency effort which includes a number of governmental and non-governmental partners both abroad and in the United States. Refugee applicants have the highest level of background and security checks of any category of traveler to the United States."
https://www.uscis.gov/refugeescreening

Your last link.

Refugee Processing

Refugee applicants are subject to intensive biographic and biometric security checks. Through close coordination with the federal law enforcement and intelligence communities, these checks are continually reviewed and enhanced to address specific populations that may pose particular threats.

The United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR) identifies and refers many refugees to the USRAP for resettlement consideration. UNHCR also provides important information about the worldwide refugee situation.

The Department of State (State) coordinates and manages the USRAP. Resettlement Support Centers (RSCs) work with State to carry out administrative and processing functions, such as file preparation, data collection, and out-processing activities during the refugee admissions process.

USCIS conducts interviews with applicants to determine their eligibility for refugee status, including whether they are credible, meet the refugee definition, and are otherwise admissible to the United States under U.S. law.

Do you trust the UN who has countries like Saudi Arabia on their Human rights committees? I don't.

The largest voting block in the UN is the OIC. They could care less how many terrorists we import.

And the first bolded sentence. Where do they the intensive biographic bull**** from, let alone any biometrics? The ME just does not have records like that.

Your last link.

Do you trust the UN who has countries like Saudi Arabia on their Human rights committees? I don't.

The largest voting block in the UN is the OIC. They could care less how many terrorists we import.
Do you know what "consideration" means? Also you do realize that less than 1% of refugees screened in the first steps are even considered to possibly resettle in the US...

And the first bolded sentence. Where do they the intensive biographic bull**** from, let alone any biometrics? The ME just does not have records like that.
The Middle East doesnt have records? You ****ing kidding me?

Do you know what "consideration" means? Also you do realize that less than 1% of refugees screened in the first steps are even considered to possibly resettle in the US...

The Middle East doesnt have records? You ****ing kidding me?

Not like Western countries have. And your 1% is what you are being told, highly suspect considering the source, the UN.

Not like Western countries have.
:lamo They dont have various documents such as birth certificates, property ownership documents, identification cards, passports, employment documentation? But lets imagine that they may not have these documents, hence why there is so much screening and interview processes.

And your 1% is what you are being told, highly suspect considering the source, the UN.
:lamo Ah yes, now we are moving to the irrational point that everything is a lie.... Because of the UN! :lamo

:lamo They dont have various documents such as birth certificates, property ownership documents, identification cards, passports, employment documentation? But lets imagine that they may not have these documents, hence why there is so much screening and interview processes.

:lamo Ah yes, now we are moving to the irrational point that everything is a lie.... Because of the UN! :lamo

I did not say that. I said they are untrustworthy and I do not believe they care about what kind of people who come to this country. You can't prove that they do.

I did not say that. I said they are untrustworthy and I do not believe they care about what kind of people who come to this country.
Do you have any actual proof that the UNHCR's figure is not accurate?

You can't prove that they do.
Exactly, because proving a false negative is a logical fallacy....

Back
Top Bottom