• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Syrian insurgents crimes being ignored by the west

I agree regarding the French connection. However, Syria has been in the crosshairs of US foreign policy for some time.

Bolton: "Beyond the Axis of Evil"[edit source | editbeta]

John R. Bolton
On May 6, 2002, then-Undersecretary of State John R. Bolton gave a speech entitled "Beyond the Axis of Evil". In it he added three more nations to be grouped with the already mentioned rogue states: Cuba, Libya, and Syria. The criteria for inclusion in this grouping were: "state sponsors of terrorism that are pursuing or who have the potential to pursue weapons of mass destruction (WMD) or have the capability to do so in violation of their treaty obligations". The speech was widely reported as an expansion of the original axis of evil.

Axis of evil - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Yep, and DS had this up awhile back on the Rebels.

From Reuters:

Most Syrian rebel fighters do not want democracy and the country's civil war is producing ever worse atrocities and increasing radicalization, independent U.N. investigators said on Tuesday.

Speaking to reporters in Paris, Brazilian expert Paulo Pinheiro said his team of investigators had documented horrific crimes on both sides, although the scale of those committed by President Bashar al-Assad's forces was greater.

U.N. investigators say most Syria rebels not seeking democracy | Reuters

http://www.debatepolitics.com/middl...-most-syria-rebels-not-seeking-democracy.html

Well, except for the Christians and the Kurds disagreeing with them over who's was greater.

Last edited:
Yep, and DS had this up awhile back on the Rebels.

From Reuters:

Most Syrian rebel fighters do not want democracy and the country's civil war is producing ever worse atrocities and increasing radicalization, independent U.N. investigators said on Tuesday.

Speaking to reporters in Paris, Brazilian expert Paulo Pinheiro said his team of investigators had documented horrific crimes on both sides, although the scale of those committed by President Bashar al-Assad's forces was greater.

U.N. investigators say most Syria rebels not seeking democracy | Reuters

http://www.debatepolitics.com/middl...-most-syria-rebels-not-seeking-democracy.html

Well, except for the Christians and the Kurds disagreeing with them over who's was greater.

Again, I agree.

Talk about being hoisted on your own petard and hamstrung by your own rhetoric. The one and only reason that Obama hasn't called out Assad for crossing the supposed "red line" on using WMDs. Could that be because Assad got his nerve gas, and other goodies, from Saddam? just before the war began...there were many documented stories about secret, late-night convoys from Bagdad to secret Syrian military bases. So, Saddam DID in fact possess WMDs..and that means....gasp...BUSH WAS RIGHT!!

Mainstream Media Won’t Ask “Where did Syria get WMD?” | …
www.redstate.com/.../mainstream-media-wont-ask-where-did-syria-get-wmd
Has anyone else noticed the complete lack of curiosity on the part of the main stream media as to where Syria obtained it’s chemical weapons? Perhaps I am just out ...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Iraq did have chemical WMD, WikiLeaks documents reveal - …

www.nypost.com/p/news/international/us_did_find_iraq_wmd_AYiLgNbw7...
There were weapons of mass destruction in Iraq after all. ... The documents showed that US troops continued to find chemical weapons and labs for years after the ...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"COMING CLEAN" ON IRAQI WMD IN SYRIA
www.truespeak.org/contents/printContent/comingcleanoniraqiwmd
"COMING CLEAN" ON IRAQI WMD IN SYRIA. Author: Jim Guirard -- TrueSpeak Institute. Submitted to but rejected by several media outlets in mid-2004. Author's …

Btw.....this new battle group to enter the swing of things. Is none other than those who we have been training in Jordan and Turkey. Directly under our supervision. I was thinking which Neo Con or Neo lib came up with the name.

when l tell such things noboby believes in me and accuses me of lying

l need to change my homeland to tell the truth l think :lol:

when l tell such things noboby believes in me and accuses me of lying

l need to change my homeland to tell the truth l think :lol:

Heya Medusa:2wave: .....well if you know I am up on the issue. Then you know you can get any links I have. But they should know with us putting in those Patriots, and with the FSA rebels Command Post being in Turkey. Not to mantion the few articles about the CIA funneling in weapons to Syria.

So what do you think about the Kurds now taking a stand against the Syrian Rebels?

Back
Top Bottom