• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Syrian ingnites bomb in Ansbach (Bavaria) Germany, kills self, injures 12

And the Nice attacker migrated to France 11 years ago. Anyone from a Muslim background may eventually turn to terrorism, if life doesn't go the way they want it too.
all very well, yet I was referring to attacks of this year being related (by some) to influx of refugees last year.

The sad thing is anyone that dared speak up last year during the whole social media inspired "save the refugee's" was deemed a nationalist or racist. To an extend still are as we saw during the Brexit debates.

"Anyone" is an exaggeration so just stop. There were people expressing concerns that were not branded bigots. Those (at least from what I saw) who were branded bigots were identified correctly.

"Anyone" is an exaggeration so just stop. There were people expressing concerns that were not branded bigots. Those (at least from what I saw) who were branded bigots were identified correctly.

Don't those concerns line up with the bigots in the fact Islam is viewed as a serious problem?

Exactly. I find it bizarre the length some people go to avoid using the word terrorism. Moreover, as some kind of defence they'll not see the paradox of suggesting he has mental health problems; when you have to ask yourself, is a person ever of the right mind when carrying out these kinds of act? The tragedy of what is unfolding in Germany is nothing less than many of us predicted. Merkel has a lot to answer for. And people are at a loss to explain the rise of the far right!
So if this guy was off his nut, how does it differ from mass shootings in the US, say Sandy Hook?

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2016/jul/25/bomb-attack-southern-germany

27 year old asylum seeker from Syria whose application was rejected but whose stay was nevertheless "tolerated" (Germany sends no one back to a war zone) tried to get into a music festival, was refused entry and blew himself up, injuring 12 others, 3 of them seriously.

Where jihadist background cannot be confirmed it can't be ruled out either (the bomb was filled with "metal parts") and where the man had tried to commit suicide twice before and had been in psychiatric treatment, why use a maximum damage device this time if this was just going to be his third attempt?

Of course he could have just decided to have many share his plight and just had neither a pilot's licence nor a job with German Wings.

Story still unfolding but it's clear that he wanted to get into the music festival where the explosion would have killed many others as well.

And people wonder why Nationalist/Right Wing political groups are on the rise in Europe....

Merkel should be ousted from office ASAP because her policies "tolerated" his overstay, which almost led to something that could've been as bad as the Bataclan or The Pulse attacks.

The sad thing, is such an act is anything but 'spectacular '. If you allow a massive influx of damaged people, where this behaviour has become normal, then expect a whole lot more.

Too bad the Euro Idiots just don't get it. How many more people have to die before it finally pops into their pea brains that allowing scum like this in en masse is a recipe for disaster?

So if this guy was off his nut, how does it differ from mass shootings in the US, say Sandy Hook?
motive that, while being favoured by mental "unhingedness", goes beyond?

Police did find a video on one of his cellphones where he voiced allegiance to al-Baghdadi and also stated Westerners were hindering Muslims.

Of course all these shooters (this guy preferring an IED), from Sandy Hook to Columbine and to today, Erfurt to Winnenden to Munich, have inner frustrations to vent, anger turned to hate turned to homicidal action. But those expressing allegiance to the kill-militia we've all come to know have themselves a political/religious ideal seeming (at least to them) to give their mindless action meaning.

In this they cash in on IS as much as IS does on them, whether either of them ever got to meet the other or not.

And people wonder why Nationalist/Right Wing political groups are on the rise in Europe....

Merkel should be ousted from office ASAP because her policies "tolerated" his overstay, which almost led to something that could've been as bad as the Bataclan or The Pulse attacks.
Uninformed as usual your opinionatedness blinds you to the well known fact that this policy predates Merkel by far.

Too bad the Euro Idiots just don't get it. How many more people have to die before it finally pops into their pea brains that allowing scum like this in en masse is a recipe for disaster?
If there was any use to it I'd point out to you that your "scum en masse" generalization is absolute BS unless and until you provide evidence.

But just forget it already, you show a history of providing nothing ever of any substance that would surpass an opinionated rant of broad brush discrimination, corroborated by nothing.

Last edited:
,,,,,,,,,,and in that nothing has changed nor is it changing.

The actual number of injured is BTW now given as 15 instead of the previously reported 12.

For those interested (all that care), of the 4 that were heavily injured, none is any longer in critical condition.

motive that, while being favoured by mental "unhingedness", goes beyond?

Police did find a video on one of his cellphones where he voiced allegiance to al-Baghdadi and also stated Westerners were hindering Muslims.

Of course all these shooters (this guy preferring an IED), from Sandy Hook to Columbine and to today, Erfurt to Winnenden to Munich, have inner frustrations to vent, anger turned to hate turned to homicidal action. But those expressing allegiance to the kill-militia we've all come to know have themselves a political/religious ideal seeming (at least to them) to give their mindless action meaning.

In this they cash in on IS as much as IS does on them, whether either of them ever got to meet the other or not.

And he was highly unstable. Sometime a person like that looks for something to justify their actions.
He did not from what I understand have a very long relationship with ISIL? Is that correct?

And he was highly unstable. Sometime a person like that looks for something to justify their actions.
He did not from what I understand have a very long relationship with ISIL? Is that correct?
From what the cops can find so far, not until recently. His mind is, of course, very inscrutable now.

He'd come to Germany via Bulgaria, already registered there and been given asylum as well. That's why his application in Germany was refused. They were going to send him back to Bulgaria, not to Syria, but his mental health, subsequent treatment including hospitalization etc. stayed the process.

Nope. Still in Europe Gunner, just out of the EU. The Europhiliacs equating the two was just one of the hundreds of reasons I voted Leave. Alas, maddive inward migration off Muslims o the UK will continue - 'family reunification' and all that.

That you understand immigration will continue from outside of the EU, 184,000 at the last count, is well and good, im not convinced a percentage of people grasped that fact.

Linking the last three attacks in Germany (not saying that that's what you're doing) to the "opening of the gates" of September last year doesn't factually work though. Even the "newest" of the lot (the Würzburg train axe man) arrived months before that act, this bomber guy here two years ago. The Munich kid arrived from the womb, obviously.

None of that takes anything from the "problematics" though.

Meanwhile this guy here had a declaration on his cellphone in which he declares vengeance upon Germany for killing Muslims and expresses allegiance to Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi. Further phones found in his dwellings showed IS propaganda videos as well a DIY instructions for building IEDs. That doesn't leave much room for doubt as to his origins of thinking.

No, im not necessarily making the definitive link, only in broad terms. It has long pained me in trying to explain why well established individuals, who have been born in said country, go on to commit the majority of said attacks. It is well documented that i lay the blame firmly in the context of failed integration. Or at the least, meaningful integration.

No, im not necessarily making the definitive link, only in broad terms. It has long pained me in trying to explain why well established individuals, who have been born in said country, go on to commit the majority of said attacks. It is well documented that i lay the blame firmly in the context of failed integration. Or at the least, meaningful integration.
I share the sentiment.

The actual number of injured is BTW now given as 15 instead of the previously reported 12.

For those interested (all that care), of the 4 that were heavily injured, none is any longer in critical condition.

Still not for lack of trying. Apparently deadly intention for religious and ideological inspired terror is nothing to worry about. If people survive it doesn't count?

Clearly, a cavalier arrogant point of view.

Back
Top Bottom