• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Syrian government says war has reached stalemate

Montecresto

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
CFO says he can't pay the bills.

The Syrian conflict has reached a stalemate and President Bashar al-Assad's government will call for a ceasefire at a long-delayed conference in Geneva on the state's future, the country's deputy prime minister has said in an interview with the Guardian.

Qadri Jamil said that neither side was strong enough to win the conflict, which has lasted two years and caused the death of more than 100,000 people. Jamil, who is in charge of country's finances, also said that the Syrian economy had suffered catastrophic losses.

"Neither the armed opposition nor the regime is capable of defeating the other side," he said. "This zero balance of forces will not change for a while."

Meanwhile, he said, the Syrian economy had lost about $100bn (£62bn), equivalent to two years of normal production, during the war.

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2013/sep/19/syrian-government-civil-war-stalemate

I have spent all of the money killing Syrians. I owe the Russians too much, they're threatening me. We must take a rest!

Time out!

We see the desperation that caused him to gas Damascus. The rebels have won.

The Syrian conflict has reached a stalemate and President Bashar al-Assad's government will call for a ceasefire at a long-delayed conference in Geneva on the state's future, the country's deputy prime minister has said in an interview with the Guardian.

Qadri Jamil said that neither side was strong enough to win the conflict, which has lasted two years and caused the death of more than 100,000 people. Jamil, who is in charge of country's finances, also said that the Syrian economy had suffered catastrophic losses.

"Neither the armed opposition nor the regime is capable of defeating the other side," he said. "This zero balance of forces will not change for a while."

Meanwhile, he said, the Syrian economy had lost about $100bn (£62bn), equivalent to two years of normal production, during the war.

Syrian government says war has reached stalemate | World news | The Guardian

Not a stalemate. They need a break for the Sex Jihad. They charge their batteries and they come back. Tunisian Women Go on ‘Sex Jihad’ to Syria, Minister Says | TIME.com

Poor Assad. Where will he run for asylum? Perhaps S. America or Asia? He's begging 1bil for the chem agreement, so I figure he's not thinking Africa.

Syrian government says war has reached stalemate | World news | The Guardian

I doubt Al Nusra who has control of the largest City in Syria and has control with AQ in the North will go for that. They have Production of Oilfields, opening up businesses, and are dispensing law throughout the region. Providing resources and electricity. No reason for them to give in.

Plus don't forget AQ and Al Nusra, now know the FSA and SNC will do whatever they can to limit their operations and take control with the Wests backing. That they will be looking to take control from them. So I doubt they will trust any of them either. Plus lets not forget both have stated they don't recognize Idris and the SNC. So they will kill him if given the chance.

I think it is a PR move since Assad turned in his list of Chems.....he already has himself and Putin up validating that the Rebels/Terrorists refuse all peace talks. Has even themselves stating that to the Worldwide Media. This keeps him in the limelight attempting to show others he doing all he can to comply and do the Right thing. Keeps him and his government up in the faces of the UN and the World. As the Legitimate ruling government of Syria and the ones making the decisions. The more the UN talks to Assad and his people, dealing with them the more it shows that his opposition are nothing more than Rebels/Terrorists with many foreigners fighting within the ranks. Which are running around and killing people.

So politically he once again shows he is saying that he is willing to talk and negotiate. Which looks good in most of the UN's eyes. Also again letting all see the Oppositions flat out refusal to do so.

I doubt Al Nusra who has control of the largest City in Syria and has control with AQ in the North will go for that. They have Production of Oilfields, opening up businesses, and are dispensing law throughout the region. Providing resources and electricity. No reason for them to give in.

Plus don't forget AQ and Al Nusra, now know the FSA and SNC will do whatever they can to limit their operations and take control with the Wests backing. That they will be looking to take control from them. So I doubt they will trust any of them either. Plus lets not forget both have stated they don't recognize Idris and the SNC. So they will kill him if given the chance.

I think it is a PR move since Assad turned in his list of Chems.....he already has himself and Putin up validating that the Rebels/Terrorists refuse all peace talks. Has even themselves stating that to the Worldwide Media. This keeps him in the limelight attempting to show others he doing all he can to comply and do the Right thing. Keeps him and his government up in the faces of the UN and the World. As the Legitimate ruling government of Syria and the ones making the decisions. The more the UN talks to Assad and his people, dealing with them the more it shows that his opposition are nothing more than Rebels/Terrorists with many foreigners fighting within the ranks. Which are running around and killing people.

So politically he once again shows he is saying that he is willing to talk and negotiate. Which looks good in most of the UN's eyes. Also again letting all see the Oppositions flat out refusal to do so.

You may well have a point with that. I can also understand that there could be a money flow problem, too.

This is too bad for Assad. Al-Qaeda has wealthy benefactors in the form of Saudi Arabia and the U.S.

This is too bad for Assad. Al-Qaeda has wealthy benefactors in the form of Saudi Arabia and the U.S.

Well, I say Russia, China and Iran need to pony up!

Back
Top Bottom