• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Syria: Why should I Care?

Yeah.....well Just because I wont sugar coat it for you. Doesn't change the reality about Lawful Order NOT being there Now.

Is AlQ in charge of those countries? No.

Is AlQ in charge of those countries? No.

Well they aren't in charge.....but they in all of them but Afghanistan. They are roaming around and doing what they want to do at will. Plus in Syria according to Gen Keane and the Joint Chiefs. Al Nusra would be regional and up north. Which they think they could handle after Assad is broken.

Well they aren't in charge....

Thank you for admitting that. So, it worked in Afghan, Iraq, Libya and Somalia, but you're convinced it will not work in Syria?

Thank you for admitting that. So, it worked in Afghan, Iraq, Libya and Somalia, but you're convinced it will not work in Syria?

Correction.....I didn't say anything worked. As the purpose would be to have a lawful society and not one based upon chaos and anarchy.

Admitting that AQ isn't Running any Country (governing) but doing what they want in them is only a fact.

Correction.....I didn't say anything worked. As the purpose would be to have a lawful society and not one based upon chaos and anarchy.

Admitting that AQ isn't Running any Country (governing) but doing what they want in them is only a fact.

You claim AlQ and/or AlN will run Syria. That's nonsense, as recent history clearly illustrates. Let's not move the goalposts to 'utopia'.

All the talk of Syria has gotten me kind of lost. This is what I know. Correct me if I am wrong.

FACT:
Assad is a bad guy. His regime is responsible for the death of thousands of civilians, regardless of the chemical weapons evidence.

FACT:

Syrian rebels include Al Queda. They also are brutal, and are equally as likely to turn weapons against the United States.

FACT;

Russia only cares because of their military base, arms shipments, and Cold War-esque views of the West and "imperialism."

FACT:

Iran does not want to lose the route that they ship arms against Israel.

So? Anything wrong? I mean. As I see it I see it...there is no point because no side are good guys. The only thing that happens here is that we start a nice "liberal war" with an air campaign against Assad and blow a few things up, maybe change the location of the piles of rubble that the country is already in. The Russians come out looking like they support "stability" and we come out looking like the jerks. Again.

Now. My counter point to invasion is that we don't do a thing. The Russians take the hear for supplying arms, and maybe they get targeted for their intervention instead of us. Sound selfish? Sure. But sucks to the Russian government. Maybe they will get toppled again?

I mean, you should care about the fighting and death. It's sad that people have to behave like retarded monkeys. But it's not your problem and our involvement in Syria will have no positive effects. Just look at what we did to Iraq.

Just look at what we did to Iraq.

Yeah, stopping multiple genocides, invasions of neighbors, the violation of 17 UNSCRs, institutional rape and the intentional starvation of hundreds of thousands of children is terrible! Now Iraq is a major receiver of international foreign aid and development projects. Oh noes!

Yeah, stopping multiple genocides, invasions of neighbors, the violation of 17 UNSCRs, institutional rape and the intentional starvation of hundreds of thousands of children is terrible!

Killed 100,000's of thousands in about 10 years (about 10,000 a year....right in line with Saddam, woot!), destroyed infrastructure, made it a hotbed of terrorist activity, destabilized the region and made it a hotbed for sectarian violence, killed children, left more homeless, left more at the mercy of terrorists and thugs. So good job. Glad you bombed those children to freedom. :roll:

Yes. Moderates will be empowered by the UN to construct and conduct a transitional democratic government.

What, like Iraq?

Paul

Killed 100,000's of thousands in about 10 years (about 10,000 a year....right in line with Saddam, woot!),

Only counting the genocides, invasions and intentional starving of children, Saddam killed 50k/year for 20 years.

You claim AlQ and/or AlN will run Syria. That's nonsense, as recent history clearly illustrates. Let's not move the goalposts to 'utopia'.

I didn't say they would run Syria.....I went with Keane and the Joint Chiefs assessment about their region, and that they themselves say they don't recognize the FSA and or TNC.

But nice try with the dishonesty.....as usual!!!!! Par for the course while you play up here.....huh?

Only counting the genocides, invasions and intentional starving of children, Saddam did 50k/year for 20 years.

Well we ain't done yet, we're still going. We're ball park with Saddam, glad you endorse Saddam level killing; that really puts you on the moral high road.

glad you endorse Saddam level killing; that really puts you on the moral high road.

Yeah, that's honest. :roll:

Yeah, that's honest. :roll:

Sure is, we're doing 10-20K/year and you're all for it. Saddam did 50K/year, we're ball park with that. So you and Saddam, could have been great friends.

Really? That's very pathetic "debate".

I've been taking lessons from you. But endorsing a kill rate of 10-20K/year isn't really putting you much ahead of Saddam. So, there you have it.

Have they classified the Salafists as terrorists yet? What about the MB?

After you research that, let me know what you think.

I've been taking lessons from you. But endorsing a kill rate of 10-20K/year isn't really putting you much ahead of Saddam. So, there you have it.

Well, there is also that one glove one size fits all approach that gets sported as well.

Yes, like Iraq, where terrorists have not taken over the government.

That may be so. But the actual breeding of sectarian hatred is still alarmingly high. The end result, innocent civilians are butchered and murdered all the same.

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/08/29/world/middleeast/iraq-explosions.html?_r=0

"It was the latest in a series of terrorist attacks that have raised new fears that Iraq is returning to the bloody sectarian violence that nearly tore the country apart in 2006 and 2007".

Paul

Back
Top Bottom