• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Syria - USA, UK, France, Russia, Iran, China

Do you believe a conflict is easy likely to start

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 6 100.0%

• Total voters

Coin

Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
China is joining the game. They have recently sent warships and troops.
China Sends 1000 Marines To Syrian Coast, Russia Sends More Warships (Video) | Middle East
Iran semms like is going to join the game as well.
Report: U.S. Intercepts Message From Iran?s Revolutionary Guard Chief Ordering Iraqi Shia Militants To Attack U.S. Targets If Syria Is Bombed? | Middle East
Hezbollah as well.
Hezbollah will attack Israel if strike aims to topple Assad | News , Lebanon News | THE DAILY STAR
Hezbollah mulling response to Syria strike | News , Lebanon News | THE DAILY STAR
Russia is sending more warships in Mediterranean.
UK is out.
France - i don't really see them as a factor if a battle start

2222.jpg

Let's assume the congress vote for a "YES" to attack Syria.

Do you believe a conflict is easy likely to start considering latest events?
What's the chance you believe that there might start a conflict??

Russia is making money selling bombs intended for civilians. They'll be fine with the oil pipeline contracts instead.

Last edited:
China Sends 1000 Marines To Syrian Coast, Russia Sends More Warships (Video) | Middle East
Report: U.S. Intercepts Message From Iran?s Revolutionary Guard Chief Ordering Iraqi Shia Militants To Attack U.S. Targets If Syria Is Bombed? | Middle East
Hezbollah as well.
Hezbollah will attack Israel if strike aims to topple Assad | News , Lebanon News | THE DAILY STAR
Hezbollah mulling response to Syria strike | News , Lebanon News | THE DAILY STAR
UK is out.

View attachment 67153213

The various people of the world are far to in tune with one another for a global war to even be remotely possible. We understand each other and are VERY aware of the horrors of a major conflict. It will not happen.

Anyone who thinks war between the world's major powers would break out over Syria have their heads removed from their asses and should lay off their daily dosage of conspiracy.

Israel is very quiet.

They've probably got enough capability to completely wipe out both Hizzbolah and Iran.

I don't think Obama has used the Powell Doctrine. Meaning he hasn't exhausted all the possibilites before making a military strike.

For instance, he could supply the rebels with gas masks and antedotes to the chemical weapons.

He could supply the rebels that aren't affiliated with Al Qaeda with needed arms. Everyone knows the jiihadists are in the north east province along the Iraq border staking out an area to administer Sharia Law.

He could a create a no fly safe zone in N. Syria along the Turkey border.

The point is he hasn't done much of anything regarding Syria and now he's going to make a miltary strike?

Last edited:
Hezbollah as well.
UK is out.

View attachment 67153213

Heya Coin. :2wave: Did I hear correctly Russia is now sending in 4 more Ships?

Israel is very quiet.

The point is he hasn't done much of anything regarding Syria and now he's going to make a miltary strike?

Moot, you not being a man, you are unaware that one can't grow a pair overnight. Either you have them or you don't. Obama is lacking just not between his legs but also in his brain housing group.

If Obama hasn't been able to get it right in the Middle East in the past 4 1/2 years I doubt he'll get it right in the next 3 years.

Israel is very quiet.

They've probably got enough capability to completely wipe out both Hizzbolah and Iran.

I don't think Obama has used the Powell Doctrine. Meaning he hasn't exhausted all the possibilites before making a military strike.

For instance, he could supply the rebels with gas masks and antedotes to the chemical weapons.

He could supply the rebels that aren't affiliated with Al Qaeda with needed arms. Everyone knows the jiihadists are in the north east province along the Iraq border staking out an area to administer Sharia Law.

Heya Moot.
hat.gif
What do you mean by Israel is very quiet?
glasses12.gif

Moot, you not being a man, you are unaware that one can't grow a pair overnight. Either you have them or you don't. Obama is lacking just not between his legs but also in his brain housing group.

If Obama hasn't been able to get it right in the Middle East in the past 4 1/2 years I doubt he'll get it right in the next 3 years.

But you think Bush got it right. :lamo

Nobodies gotten it right in the ME since homo erectus.

I mean they're not sabre rattling.

Yeah.....they pretty much said what they had to say. No need for words. Prepared mind and all.

They don't think Assad will fire on them.

Plus they did state with regards to Syria. That there were no really good guys.

Yeah.....they pretty much said what they had to say. No need for words. Prepared mind and all.

They don't think Assad will fire on them.

Plus they did state with regards to Syria. That there were no really good guys.

then don't support either side in syria, just step in and knock some sense into them and stop both sides from killing each other

then don't support either side in syria, just step in and knock some sense into them and stop both sides from killing each other

Well they said they aren't stepping into it.....but they are preparing for the overflow.

Syria uses blistering agents such as mustard and peroxide gas, masks and antidotes would do **** all.

How does he then stop those arms ending up with AQ anyway?

Which would do what, exactly?

Hezbollah as well.
UK is out.

View attachment 67153213

To tell you the truth, I would be very surprised to see a major conflict between the US and Russia develop from anything that seems to be planned. The Russians and Chinese have their own agenda, but they are not stupid. Projecting power that far from home against a military that can is not easy and neither the Russians nor the Chinese are set up to be able to yet.

We might be running into a relatively rough patch in the Near East up the road though:

Yuri M. Zhukov | War in Syria Will Destabilize the Eastern Mediterranean | Foreign Affairs

To tell you the truth, I would be very surprised to see a major conflict between the US and Russia develop from anything that seems to be planned. The Russians have their own agenda, but they are not stupid. We might be running into a relatively rough patch in the Near East up the road though:

Yuri M. Zhukov | War in Syria Will Destabilize the Eastern Mediterranean | Foreign Affairs
I don't believe either that the conflict may start between Russia and USA.
but ... if it start for example Syria vs Israel or Iran vs Israel, what do you expect. Every one will take relevant side.
Beside the Russia even China seems to be prepared not for a maneuver.

Syria uses blistering agents such as mustard and peroxide gas, masks and antidotes would do **** all.
White phosphrus? Falluja? Anyway, I see the Israelis are stocking up on gas masks....

Gas mask madness abates after Obama Syria delay | JPost | Israel News

How does he then stop those arms ending up with AQ anyway?
I think they pretty much know where most of the AQ fighters are, which is in the north eastern part of Syria near the Iraq border. Apparently, they just attacked a Christian villlage and are trying to impose Sharia law on the villagers.

Telegraph: What the US needs to know about the Syrian rebels : Michael Weiss discusses the different armed opposition groups in Syria : Henry Jackson Society

Which would do what, exactly?
It would give the fleeing civilians and rebels a safe haven from Assad's military and provide a buffer zone between Syria and Turkey.

Last edited:
But you think Bush got it right. :lamo

Nobodies gotten it right in the ME since homo erectus.

Aside from being the birthplace of civilization itself.

I don't believe either that the conflict may start between Russia and USA.
but ... if it start for example Syria vs Israel or Iran vs Israel, what do you expect. Every one will take relevant side.
Beside the Russia even China seems to be prepared not for a maneuver.

I really do not see any probable scenario in which a major confrontation develops out of bombarding Syria for a couple of days, unless we make serious mistakes. I am not sure that attacking Assad is the best route. But I think doing nothing would be a bad way to go.

I was wondering If we could make a parallelysm between ONU and SoN of 1918, What do you think about? If Obama attacked Syria it could seem to be similar.

Back
Top Bottom