• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Syria, Mattis, Afghanistan, shutdown: Trump ends year in chaos

JacksinPA

Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Monthly Donator
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Progressive
https://www.reuters.com/article/us-...utdown-trump-ends-year-in-chaos-idUSKCN1OK0A5

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - Trump’s presidency has lurched from crisis to crisis since he took office less than two years ago, but Thursday was a landmark day of chaos that appeared to test the resolve of even senior Republican backers in Washington.

Defense Secretary James Mattis, a widely respected figure seen as a stabilizing influence inside the administration, handed in his resignation after arguing with Trump over foreign policy in a White House meeting.
============================================
I had posted after the 2016 election that Trump was unqualified. Looks like I was right about that. This country needs a leader, not a petulant pre-schooler.

Last edited:
I had posted after the 2016 ele4ction that Trump was unqualified. Looks like I was right about that. This country needs a leader, not a petulant septuagenarian pre-schooler.
^^FIFY. ;)

Not to take any credit away from you, but the majority of Americans felt the same way.

I never liked Mattis. I don't see where any US Military officers have accomplished anything positive in the last 20 years. That presents a question of their leadership. They would be the ones that have led us into the morasses we call war.. Very profitable war, I might add. All one needs to do is donate the life of a few good sons to keep the fat cats of the MIC in caviar. What could go wrong?
/

I never liked Mattis. I don't see where any US Military officers have accomplished anything positive in the last 20 years. That presents a question of their leadership. They would be the ones that have led us into the morasses we call war.. Very profitable war, I might add. All one needs to do is donate the life of a few good sons to keep the fat cats of the MIC in caviar. What could go wrong?
/

Don't forget Dick Cheney & his thirst for Iraqi oil. The only building in Baghdad that are troops were tasked to secure was the oil ministry while the museums across the street were being looted of priceless antiquities. That should tell you something about why we started that war. Saddam had no WMD but he had lots of oil. It wasn't generals that got us into this mess which wound up destabilizing the entire Mid East.

Vietnam I blame on Lyndon Johnson & Robert MacNamara. The latter knew in 1965 that that war was unwinnable. How many of our young men died there over the next 10 years until we finally got thrown out? The first war that the U.S. lost.

Last edited:
Mattis is a Democrat - and Democrats only take people whom they can bend to their agenda.

Democrats are a Coalition of Special Interest Lobbies, and NATO has become one of those Special Interest Lobbies - hence the Democrat mania over Russia-Russia-Russia.

Mattis is a former NATO Supreme Commander. It was inevitable he'd go the McMaster way.

Don't forget Dick Cheney & his thirst for Iraqi oil. The only building in Baghdad that are troops were tasked to secure was the oil ministry while the museums across the street were being looted of priceless antiquities. That should tell you something about why we started that war. Saddam had no WMD but he had lots of oil. It wasn't generals that got us into this mess which wound up destabilizing the entire Mid East.

Vietnam I blame on Lyndon Johnson & Robert MacNamara. The latter knew in 1965 that that war was unwinnable. How many of our young men died there over the next 10 years until we finally got thrown out? The first war that the U.S. lost.

We get most of our non-domestic oil from places like Canada, Venezuela and Nigeria. The "Iraq was for the oil" fairy tale simply doesn't hold water.....but it does let a bunch of CTers fantasize that they are intelligent.

Mattis is a Democrat - and Democrats only take people whom they can bend to their agenda.

Democrats are a Coalition of Special Interest Lobbies, and NATO has become one of those Special Interest Lobbies - hence the Democrat mania over Russia-Russia-Russia.

Mattis is a former NATO Supreme Commander. It was inevitable he'd go the McMaster way.

Ah, so in other words another Trump cultist throwing a fit over the fact that a man who has done far more for this country than your dear leader didn't kowtow to him.

But hey, way to make it clear that you Trump cultists don't give a **** about American interests or American allies.

Yes, it does seem inevitable that Trump and his cult run off every competent advisor around

Ah, so in other words another Trump cultist throwing a fit over the fact that a man who has done far more for this country than your dear leader didn't kowtow to him.

But hey, way to make it clear that you Trump cultists don't give a **** about American interests or American allies.

Yes, it does seem inevitable that Trump and his cult run off every competent advisor around

Alliances aren't meant to be a Gravy Train. There's a point at which alliances can be abused - like, say, to continue a Cold War that doesn't need to be continued, like flogging a dead horse - all for the sake of keeping the alliance together. ("The King is Dead! Long Live the King!") This is like rallying people together by invoking an Other.

In the case of illegal migrants, they represent a genuine problem, and so it's completely false to pretend that issue is about scapegoating illegals just to "rally the base".

Meanwhile, in the case of Russia - they're not the USSR, they're not communist, they have no agenda to take over the world. So it's wrong to go on a lying spree to pretend Putin is the Anti-Christ, and that he's out to conquer the world, when he's just a guy trying to defend his national sovereignty - because for many normal people around the world, national sovereignty is worth defending - and there's nothing new about that.

You don't want to live in a country - you want to live in an Empire. You want imperialism, so you have to artificially conjure up a threat of a rival empire, in order to justify pursuit of your own.
Hence "Russia!Russia!Russia!"
The rest of us - the normal people - don't want that.

The Left used to pretend they were just for basic civil rights and workers rights, and were against militarism and foreign military adventurism all over the world. Now the Left have come full circle, and are crying for their beloved foreign military campaigns. Orwell must be laughing in his grave, because he knew that Left-wing zealots always go full circle.

Last edited:
Alliances aren't meant to be a Gravy Train. There's a point at which alliances can be abused - like, say, to continue a Cold War that doesn't need to be continued, like flogging a dead horse - all for the sake of keeping the alliance together. ("The King is Dead! Long Live the King!") This is like rallying people together by invoking an Other.

In the case of illegal migrants, they represent a genuine problem, and so it's completely false to pretend that issue is about scapegoating illegals just to "rally the base".

Meanwhile, in the case of Russia - they're not the USSR, they're not communist, they have no agenda to take over the world. So it's wrong to go on a lying spree to pretend Putin is the Anti-Christ, and that he's out to conquer the world, when he's just a guy trying to defend his national sovereignty - because for many normal people around the world, national sovereignty is worth defending - and there's nothing new about that.

You don't want to live in a country - you want to live in an Empire. You want imperialism, so you have to artificially conjure up a threat of a rival empire, in order to justify pursuit of your own.
Hence "Russia!Russia!Russia!"
The rest of us - the normal people - don't want that.

The Left used to pretend they were just for basic civil rights and workers rights, and were against militarism and foreign military adventurism all over the world. Now the Left have come full circle, and are crying for their beloved foreign military campaigns. Orwell must be laughing in his grave, because he knew that Left-wing zealots always go full circle.

Gee bud, did you tell the KGB agent running Russia whose been busily undermining the US and much of the West as well that the Cold War is over? Because I don’t think he got the memo.

Considering the fact that plenty of NATO soldiers have died as a result of supporting the US following 9/11, claiming that there is “abuse” is laughable.....especially considering that the countries which do meet their spending requirements are the ones most at risk to being abandoned to the Donald’s best pal Vlad.

The fact that the Canadian border, which is far more open than the Mexican one, says otherwise.

Putin’s repeated land grabs and his aggression towards US allies, again, say otherwise.

Ah yes, delusional fantasies about “imperialism”. Frankly that is such a laughable idea it doesn’t even merit discussion.

Oh, so in your fevered imagination “normal people” want the US to abandon its allies and commitments?

The right used to pretend it cared about the United States. Recent events have shown otherwise.

Yeah..."chaos"...for who? The FAKE NEWS/LYING LEFT?

Turkey will deal with what's left of ISIS, and stymie Iran, too. SMART.

Shame he didn't depose the two most anti-terror leaders in N.Africa, hand over Libya's military arsenal to what became ISIS, and then asininely declare ISIS "the JV" as they established a Caliphate across Iraq and Syria, get caught promising Putin "more flexibility after my (his 2012) election, or tell our intel to STAND DOWN , and not interfere with the 2016 election meddling.

Gee bud, did you tell the KGB agent running Russia whose been busily undermining the US and much of the West as well that the Cold War is over? Because I don’t think he got the memo.

Considering the fact that plenty of NATO soldiers have died as a result of supporting the US following 9/11, claiming that there is “abuse” is laughable.....especially considering that the countries which do meet their spending requirements are the ones most at risk to being abandoned to the Donald’s best pal Vlad.

Are you crazy enough to believe that Putin killed those NATO soldiers who died in Afghanistan?
The reality is that they died - just like Americans on 9/11 died - at the hands of Islamist jihadists, who were originally backed as part of the effort to fight the Soviets. Is the irony of that not lost on you?

https://archives.globalresearch.ca/articles/BRZ110A.html

You remember him, don't you - Mika's dad?

The fact that the Canadian border, which is far more open than the Mexican one, says otherwise.

Putin’s repeated land grabs and his aggression towards US allies, again, say otherwise.

Putin is protecting his own country's national interest - as countries around the world frequently do - this is in no way some expression of Soviet communism or totalitarianism to take over the world.
On the contrary, it's the neo-Bolshevist American Left who are the ones who keep expanding their ambitions - to tear down America's borders, to redistribute all wealth, to destroy the free market system.

This is the face of Bolshevism today - it's just shifted to a more opportune location - like Nazis fleeing to South America after the defeat of Germany in WW2.

Ah yes, delusional fantasies about “imperialism”. Frankly that is such a laughable idea it doesn’t even merit discussion.

Oh, so in your fevered imagination “normal people” want the US to abandon its allies and commitments?

The right used to pretend it cared about the United States. Recent events have shown otherwise.

Alliances were created to fight a particular war, and that war was won. Much to the consternation of some, that means that you don't just continue spending money on those alliances as before, like some kind of Gravy Train. You certainly don't try to revive the old war and keep fighting it, just to keep the Gravy Train racket going.

"Hey, let's poke the Russkies in the eye, and see if we can get some more Cold War going! Gotta keep those alliances relevant, right? Repeat after me - Putin is E-V-I-L!" :doh

Where did you read the bolded lie, Breitbart, Conservative Treehouse, or Gateway Pundit?

https://www.militarytimes.com/news/your-military/2018/10/16/mr-secretary-are-you-a-democrat/

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-...utdown-trump-ends-year-in-chaos-idUSKCN1OK0A5

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - Trump’s presidency has lurched from crisis to crisis since he took office less than two years ago, but Thursday was a landmark day of chaos that appeared to test the resolve of even senior Republican backers in Washington.

Defense Secretary James Mattis, a widely respected figure seen as a stabilizing influence inside the administration, handed in his resignation after arguing with Trump over foreign policy in a White House meeting.
============================================
I had posted after the 2016 election that Trump was unqualified. Looks like I was right about that. This country needs a leader, not a petulant pre-schooler.

There has been no crisis since Trump took office...except in the minds of the people who either don't like the way Trump is doing things or have no understanding about the way Trump is doing things.

How much oil did we "steal" from Iraq?

Are you crazy enough to believe that Putin killed those NATO soldiers who died in Afghanistan?
The reality is that they died - just like Americans on 9/11 died - at the hands of Islamist jihadists, who were originally backed as part of the effort to fight the Soviets. Is the irony of that not lost on you?

https://archives.globalresearch.ca/articles/BRZ110A.html

You remember him, don't you - Mika's dad?

Putin is protecting his own country's national interest - as countries around the world frequently do - this is in no way some expression of Soviet communism or totalitarianism to take over the world.
On the contrary, it's the neo-Bolshevist American Left who are the ones who keep expanding their ambitions - to tear down America's borders, to redistribute all wealth, to destroy the free market system.

This is the face of Bolshevism today - it's just shifted to a more opportune location - like Nazis fleeing to South America after the defeat of Germany in WW2.

Alliances were created to fight a particular war, and that war was won. Much to the consternation of some, that means that you don't just continue spending money on those alliances as before, like some kind of Gravy Train. You certainly don't try to revive the old war and keep fighting it, just to keep the Gravy Train racket going.

"Hey, let's poke the Russkies in the eye, and see if we can get some more Cold War going! Gotta keep those alliances relevant, right? Repeat after me - Putin is E-V-I-L!" :doh

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-43500299

Hmm.....sounds like your hysterical defense of Vlad fails to hold water. The Soviets were incredibly brutal in Afghanistan, which is why there was a resistance movement in the first place, and trying to equate the Red Army troops who committed numerous war crimes to US forces is despicable.

"Scholars Mohammad Kakar, W. Michael Reisman and Charles Norchi believe that the Soviet Union was guilty of committing a genocide in Afghanistan.[142][143] The army of the Soviet Union killed large numbers of Afghans to suppress their resistance.[142] Up to 2 million Afghans were killed by the Soviet forces and their proxies.[144] In one notable incident the Soviet Army committed mass killing of civilians in the summer of 1980.[145] In order to separate the mujahideen from the local populations and eliminate their support, the Soviet army killed and drove off civilians, and used scorched earth tactics to prevent their return. They used booby traps, mines, and chemical substances throughout the country.[145] The Soviet army indescriminately killed combatants and noncombatants to ensure submission by the local populations.[145] The provinces of Nangarhar, Ghazni, Lagham, Kunar, Zabul, Qandahar, Badakhshan, Lowgar, Paktia and Paktika witnessed extensive depopulation programmes by the Soviet forces.[143] The Soviet forces abducted Afghan women in helicopters while flying in the country in search of mujahideen. In November 1980 a number of such incidents had taken place in various parts of the country, including Laghman and Kama. Soviet soldiers as well as KhAD agents kidnapped young women from the city of Kabul and the areas of Darul Aman and Khair Khana, near the Soviet garrisons, to rape them.[146] Women who were taken and raped by Russian soldiers were considered 'dishonoured' by their families if they returned home.[147] Deserters from the Soviet Army in 1984 also confirmed the atrocities by the Soviet troops on Afghan women and children, stating that Afghan women were being raped.[148] The rape of Afghan women by Soviet troops was common and 11.8 percent of the Soviet war criminals in Afghanistan were convicted for the offence of rape.[149]"

Ah yes, the typical fevered fantasies of conservative hacks. I hate to break it to you bud, but A) no, most countries don't launch brutal land grabs against their neighbors and haven't for decades and B) there is no evidence of any "neo Bolshevist plot".

Again, did you bother to tell the KGB agent running Russia that? There is zero reason to abandon our allies just because you want to drag the US into your old world blood feuds with Pakistan and China.

But I get it--- after all, Russia is the one who backs India in your little squabbles with Pakistan over those useless rocks. No wonder you are so upset America won't embrace the KGB agent :lamo

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-43500299

Hmm.....sounds like your hysterical defense of Vlad fails to hold water. The Soviets were incredibly brutal in Afghanistan, which is why there was a resistance movement in the first place, and trying to equate the Red Army troops who committed numerous war crimes to US forces is despicable.

You're some kind of pathological liar, aren't you? Where did I equate US troops to the Soviet troops? And since when is Russia the Soviet Union?

And now he goes on some Straw Man detour:

"Scholars Mohammad Kakar, W. Michael Reisman and Charles Norchi believe that the Soviet Union was guilty of committing a genocide in Afghanistan.[142][143] The army of the Soviet Union killed large numbers of Afghans to suppress their resistance.[142] Up to 2 million Afghans were killed by the Soviet forces and their proxies.[144] In one notable incident the Soviet Army committed mass killing of civilians in the summer of 1980.[145] In order to separate the mujahideen from the local populations and eliminate their support, the Soviet army killed and drove off civilians, and used scorched earth tactics to prevent their return. They used booby traps, mines, and chemical substances throughout the country.[145] The Soviet army indescriminately killed combatants and noncombatants to ensure submission by the local populations.[145] The provinces of Nangarhar, Ghazni, Lagham, Kunar, Zabul, Qandahar, Badakhshan, Lowgar, Paktia and Paktika witnessed extensive depopulation programmes by the Soviet forces.[143] The Soviet forces abducted Afghan women in helicopters while flying in the country in search of mujahideen. In November 1980 a number of such incidents had taken place in various parts of the country, including Laghman and Kama. Soviet soldiers as well as KhAD agents kidnapped young women from the city of Kabul and the areas of Darul Aman and Khair Khana, near the Soviet garrisons, to rape them.[146] Women who were taken and raped by Russian soldiers were considered 'dishonoured' by their families if they returned home.[147] Deserters from the Soviet Army in 1984 also confirmed the atrocities by the Soviet troops on Afghan women and children, stating that Afghan women were being raped.[148] The rape of Afghan women by Soviet troops was common and 11.8 percent of the Soviet war criminals in Afghanistan were convicted for the offence of rape.[149]"

Look at my post, and look at your mentally deranged response.

Ah yes, the typical fevered fantasies of conservative hacks. I hate to break it to you bud, but A) no, most countries don't launch brutal land grabs against their neighbors and haven't for decades and B) there is no evidence of any "neo Bolshevist plot".

Carter and Brzezinski lured the Soviets into invading Afghanistan, and helped to cause a lot of mayhem there. The fact is that Brzezinski admitted to it, and pointed to the evidence - Carter's own request to give aid to the Afghan guerrillas even before the Soviets invaded that country - for the purpose of luring the Soviets into a quagmire there. Brzezinski's own letter to Carter, which pre-dates the Soviet invasion, gave his prediction that aid to the guerrillas would have the exact effect of creating a quagmire to bleed the Soviets.

Your shrill response reflects your own demagoguery, and not the reality of what happened. You don't like seeing your precious LeftyDem gods critiqued, do you?

Again, did you bother to tell the KGB agent running Russia that? There is zero reason to abandon our allies just because you want to drag the US into your old world blood feuds with Pakistan and China.

But I get it--- after all, Russia is the one who backs India in your little squabbles with Pakistan over those useless rocks. No wonder you are so upset America won't embrace the KGB agent :lamo

Having failed in your previous argument, you then stoop to ethnic-baiting me. Why don't you man up and tell me your own ethnic background, instead of taking potshots from anonymity? You don't have the guts - you want to make an issue out of someone else's ethnicity while hiding your own. This is what your so-called "liberal" values boil down to -- ethnic-baiting. Your kind will bring a masked mob to Tucker Carlson's house at night to smash his door and threaten his wife and kids when he's not there -- all in the name of fighting "racism" -- and yet you wear your own racism openly on your sleeve. Disgusting hypocrite.

Last edited:
/
So you think generals decide when we go to war. No wonder you are wrong all the time. You have no idea how this country is run. But then that had been obvious for a long time.

You're some kind of pathological liar, aren't you? Where did I equate US troops to the Soviet troops? And since when is Russia the Soviet Union?

And now he goes on some Straw Man detour:

Look at my post, and look at your mentally deranged response.

Carter and Brzezinski lured the Soviets into invading Afghanistan, and helped to cause a lot of mayhem there. The fact is that Brzezinski admitted to it, and pointed to the evidence - Carter's own request to give aid to the Afghan guerrillas even before the Soviets invaded that country - for the purpose of luring the Soviets into a quagmire there. Brzezinski's own letter to Carter, which pre-dates the Soviet invasion, gave his prediction that aid to the guerrillas would have the exact effect of creating a quagmire to bleed the Soviets.

Your shrill response reflects your own demagoguery, and not the reality of what happened. You don't like seeing your precious LeftyDem gods critiqued, do you?

Having failed in your previous argument, you then stoop to ethnic-baiting me. Why don't you man up and tell me your own ethnic background, instead of taking potshots from anonymity? You don't have the guts - you want to make an issue out of someone else's ethnicity while hiding your own. This is what your so-called "liberal" values boil down to -- ethnic-baiting. Your kind will bring a masked mob to Tucker Carlson's house at night to smash his door and threaten his wife and kids when he's not there -- all in the name of fighting "racism" -- and yet you wear your own racism openly on your sleeve. Disgusting hypocrite.

Oh look, yet another conservative hysterical tantrum over being confronted with facts. What a surprise.....not.

Russia is run by a KGB agent. I get that doesn't matter like people like you, who are fixated on their idiotic old world blood feuds, but it means something to "regular people".

And then we have even more hysteria. I get it.....you aren't bright enough to actually defend your argument so you have to shriek about how "deranged" everyone else is.

No, the Soviets chose to invade Afghanistan because their puppet turned out to be just as incompetent as he was psychotic. They then chose to commit all those atrocities in an attempt to keep their new puppet in power.

But again, I get it. The soviets backed India in your little squabbles with Pakistan, so you have a soft spot for Russia. We get it. You care much more about that then you do about the United States; hence your attacks in its allies and your whining about hostility towards Putin's aggression against the US.

Oh and by the way Reagan, who actively continued to support the Mujahideen against the brutal Soviet aggressors, is the exact opposite of a "lefty god".

Guess what bud? Your own posts have proven my case over and over, no matter how many temper tantrums you want to throw about how "mean" it is for me to you out on it. You don't care about the United States, a fact which is blindingly obvious. You just see us as a convenient prop to try to use against the "Great Satans".....China and Pakistan.

But hey, at least you'll always have those worthless rocks to keep you happy :lamo

Market buried again today...down another 640 in the Dow. Worse than that, the same pattern at the end of trading days going into either a weekend or a holiday. The bulls trying to hold on just get overwhelmed by the bears by the end of the day with about 20% of the losses occurring in the last hour or even half hour of the trading day.

Mnuchin's call to big banks from his vacation in Cabo, Mexico obviously went over like 10 tons of crap in a 2 ton bag. Anybody that thinks Mnuchin made that call on his own accord as opposed to at the behest of Bozo the President is dreaming. Nice move Donald.

Correction: Dow off 653 by the time the last trades were tallied. What a drubbing.

Oh look, yet another conservative hysterical tantrum over being confronted with facts. What a surprise.....not.

Russia is run by a KGB agent. I get that doesn't matter like people like you, who are fixated on their idiotic old world blood feuds, but it means something to "regular people".

And then we have even more hysteria. I get it.....you aren't bright enough to actually defend your argument so you have to shriek about how "deranged" everyone else is.

Russia is not the former USSR. Putin is not a communist. There is no more KGB. No need to resurrect a Cold War that has long ended.

Not only are people like you wanting to resurrect it, but you want to pretend that the NRA are stooges of Moscow, and the KKK are, and Fox News, etc, etc.

And who are your Neo-Cold War heros? Ocasio-Cortez? Don Lemon? The Southern Poverty Law Center?
"Fighting the Good Fight! Protecting the world from the KGB!" :roll:

No, the Soviets chose to invade Afghanistan because their puppet turned out to be just as incompetent as he was psychotic. They then chose to commit all those atrocities in an attempt to keep their new puppet in power.

Again, Brzezinski himself said otherwise - I was quoting his own words. Brzezinski pointed out Carter's own letter authorizing funding to the Afghan guerrillas before the Soviets invaded. Just because that doesn't match your narrative, doesn't change the reality of history.

But the fact is that Russia is not the former USSR.

But again, I get it. The soviets backed India in your little squabbles with Pakistan, so you have a soft spot for Russia. We get it. You care much more about that then you do about the United States; hence your attacks in its allies and your whining about hostility towards Putin's aggression against the US.

You're race-baiting me, but meanwhile you won't disclose your own ethnicity. Put up, or shut up.

Oh and by the way Reagan, who actively continued to support the Mujahideen against the brutal Soviet aggressors, is the exact opposite of a "lefty god".

Reagan inherited the war, which started before he came into office. Likewise, Nixon inherited the Vietnam conflict from Johnson.

Guess what bud? Your own posts have proven my case over and over, no matter how many temper tantrums you want to throw about how "mean" it is for me to you out on it. You don't care about the United States, a fact which is blindingly obvious. You just see us as a convenient prop to try to use against the "Great Satans".....China and Pakistan.

But hey, at least you'll always have those worthless rocks to keep you happy :lamo

What's your ethnicity, bud? Don't have the guts to answer? I know you don't - even though you like to race-bait others.

Yeah, I see what your "liberalism" is made of. You see it as your own ethnic club, don't you? Those who don't toe your line need to be attacked over their ethnicity. Great job on that "liberalism" - you really show what it's all about. You want to import every illegal alien you can to welcome them, but meanwhile certain other ethnic groups "need not apply".

Last edited:
Russia is not the former USSR. Putin is not a communist. There is no more KGB. No need to resurrect a Cold War that has long ended.

Not only are people like you wanting to resurrect it, but you want to pretend that the NRA are stooges of Moscow, and the KKK are, and Fox News, etc, etc.

And who are your Neo-Cold War heros? Ocasio-Cortez? Don Lemon? The Southern Poverty Law Center?
"Fighting the Good Fight! Protecting the world from the KGB!" :roll:

Again, Brzezinski himself said otherwise - I was quoting his own words. Brzezinski pointed out Carter's own letter authorizing funding to the Afghan guerrillas before the Soviets invaded. Just because that doesn't match your narrative, doesn't change the reality of history.

But the fact is that Russia is not the former USSR.

You're race-baiting me, but meanwhile you won't disclose your own ethnicity. Put up, or shut up.

Reagan inherited the war, which started before he came into office. Likewise, Nixon inherited the Vietnam conflict from Johnson.

What's your ethnicity, bud? Don't have the guts to answer? I know you don't - even though you like to race-bait others.

Yeah, I see what your "liberalism" is made of. You see it as your own ethnic club, don't you? Those who don't toe your line need to be attacked over their ethnicity. Great job on that "liberalism" - you really show what it's all about. You want to import every illegal alien you can to welcome them, but meanwhile certain other ethnic groups "need not apply".

Again, it's pretty clear that Putin doesn't see it that way, and given that he is the one running Russia while you merely sit on the internet shrieking about "liberals" his worldview carries just a slight bit more importance than yours does.

Aww, is someone mad the KKK is getting called out on its ****.....again? That's a pretty bizarre choice of group to whine about people attacking buddy :lamo

Yes, I get that people like you don't care about the United States and it's security. You constantly reinforcing that fact only further weakens your argument.....so by all means keep doing it :lamo

And that's a pretty pathetic fantasy of yours, which doesn't change the fact that A) the soviets made the deliberate choice to go into Afghanistan; nobody was putting a gun to their heads and forcing them to spend all those resources on propping up yet another incompetent puppet; and B) no amount of desperate handwaving can change the numerous atrocities they committed there.

Yeah, it's just run by a KGB man.....the organization responsible for the worst of the atrocities committed by that regime. But I forgot.....you don't give a **** about that.

No, I am pointing out the fact that you care far more about some idiotic pile of rocks back in the "old country" than you do about the United States and it's interests......as ever post you make makes abundantly clear.

Reagan was president for one hell of a long time and given that it wasn't a conflict with US boots on the ground he could have ended it at any point. He chose not to. Again, so much for your hysteria about "lefty gods" :lamo

Yes, I do enjoy exposing the fact that you don't care about the United States and are only obessed with using us as a prop in your petty blood feuds.

And no amount of you throwing a tantrum over it will change that fact.

/

There have been no Military Officers at the Helm of the WH in the last 20 years.

But we had a general as president with Eisenhower in the 50s and accomplished a great deal such as the highway system

Again, it's pretty clear that Putin doesn't see it that way, and given that he is the one running Russia while you merely sit on the internet shrieking about "liberals" his worldview carries just a slight bit more importance than yours does.

Aww, is someone mad the KKK is getting called out on its ****.....again? That's a pretty bizarre choice of group to whine about people attacking buddy :lamo

Yes, I get that people like you don't care about the United States and it's security. You constantly reinforcing that fact only further weakens your argument.....so by all means keep doing it :lamo

And that's a pretty pathetic fantasy of yours, which doesn't change the fact that A) the soviets made the deliberate choice to go into Afghanistan; nobody was putting a gun to their heads and forcing them to spend all those resources on propping up yet another incompetent puppet; and B) no amount of desperate handwaving can change the numerous atrocities they committed there.

Yeah, it's just run by a KGB man.....the organization responsible for the worst of the atrocities committed by that regime. But I forgot.....you don't give a **** about that.

No, I am pointing out the fact that you care far more about some idiotic pile of rocks back in the "old country" than you do about the United States and it's interests......as ever post you make makes abundantly clear.

Reagan was president for one hell of a long time and given that it wasn't a conflict with US boots on the ground he could have ended it at any point. He chose not to. Again, so much for your hysteria about "lefty gods" :lamo

Yes, I do enjoy exposing the fact that you don't care about the United States and are only obessed with using us as a prop in your petty blood feuds.

And no amount of you throwing a tantrum over it will change that fact.

I'm not throwing any tantrum -- I'm calling out your so-called "liberalism" which is based on race-baiting and racial caricature. So you're in a rivalry with the long-dead KKK? Well, congratulations -- you're catching up to them and surpassing them -- supplanting them even. Go pat yourself on the back.

Putin is not some Anti-Christ, or some Great Evil of Our Times. The Russians are NOT the Soviets, and their motivations of national interest are not the same as the motivations of Stalinism and Marxist-Leninist totalitarianism. Your goal is to misrepresent the situation as much as possible, in the service of your own twisted agenda -- and so you'll ratchet up the shrillness so that you can shout down any reasonable inquiries questioning your agenda.

The situation calls for dialogue between the major powers, particularly Washington and Moscow, to avoid inflaming the situation and causing it to spiral out of control. Democrats' domestic political compulsions to politicize US-Russian relations are only exacerbating tensions and worsening regional and global stability. Fools like you will only go down a warmongering path, even while accusing everyone else of being the warmonger except you.

"KGB-Putin-KGB-Putin" is your cheap shortcut to rally your fractious political base, but meanwhile you're doing at the cost of everyone's future.

Last edited:
There have been no Military Officers at the Helm of the WH in the last 20 years.

But we had a general as president with Eisenhower in the 50s and accomplished a great deal such as the highway system

Right. They are advisors to Presidents and tell them that it will be a cake walk.
/

Back
Top Bottom