• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Sympathy for Gov't Workers Hits GOP

That's complete nonsense that you believe, but you believe Trump was a sucessful businessman, so obviouisly your cognitive functions are sorely lacking.:2rofll:

I bet you believe most of 'murica wants a wall too?:roll:

The Easter bunny? Have mommy and daddy told you the truth about Santa yet?:lamo

You asked me to explain. I did, and your retort is a personal attack.
Got anything else?

Not to nitpick and all but, it's who who is the idiot? What does someone's ability to save have to do withg working for the government? What if they're paying their student loans? A new hire? All of this for your useless monument to your heroes ego, it's not a crisis, you fearing a changing demograpic. News flash, even if you could stop illegal immigration (we actually are losing more back to Mexico than are coming, another convenient FACT your side LOVES to lie about), the demographic "browning" would not be stopped, so hold on to that terror, it's ineviitable and short of "ethnic cleansing", there is NOT A DAMN THING you can do to stop it.

1: He's not a hero.

2: Change in demographic? You obviously don't know my posting history. I've said before, many times, that eventually the world will all be one color...brown. This will happen as a natural result of interracial breeding. In fact I look forward to the day as then racism will actually be a thing of the past. So...me fearing it? :lol: Not bloody likely. That you can't argue without using the race card shows that you have no argument, just emotionalist drivel.

3: It is impossible to stop all illegal crimes. So I'm not looking to do that. I AM looking to reducing it as much as humanely possible though.

4: No, we're not losing more back to Mexico. At most its stagnating. Not reversing. Before you start calling others liars perhaps you should make sure that you're not lying first?

Um, those contracts stop in a shutdown too, dude. Your scenario has even more services shutting down, not less.

Sorry. I’m being unclear. The OP was suggesting that the shutdown is proof that government and government workers are needed.

I agree that government is needed but the shutdown by itself offers no proof that government workers provide services better than than if those services were contracted out.

Delivering services by government workers may well be more efficient in some cases but the mere fact of the shutdown doesn’t speak to that question at all.

The TSA is fully functioning whereas the southern borders are not fully protected.
Your point?

Good to know that the TSA is on the job and wasting our money for no good reason whatsoever.

1: He's not a hero.

2: Change in demographic? You obviously don't know my posting history. I've said before, many times, that eventually the world will all be one color...brown. This will happen as a natural result of interracial breeding. In fact I look forward to the day as then racism will actually be a thing of the past. So...me fearing it? :lol: Not bloody likely. That you can't argue without using the race card shows that you have no argument, just emotionalist drivel.

3: It is impossible to stop all illegal crimes. So I'm not looking to do that. I AM looking to reducing it as much as humanely possible though.

4: No, we're not losing more back to Mexico. At most its stagnating. Not reversing. Before you start calling others liars perhaps you should make sure that you're not lying first?

Granted this is a year old, but this?

"We're experiencing a net outflow of illegal, undocumented workers from America back to Mexico," U.S. Rep. Ron Kind, D-La Crosse, said Feb. 16, 2017 on Wisconsin Public Radio. "To build a wall now would be locking them in this country."

Are there really more illegal Mexican immigrants going than coming?

Research backs up claim

There are no perfect statistics when it comes to illegal immigration — it’s inherently impossible to track accurately. But U.S. and Mexican government data analyzed by the Pew Research Center shows the immigration trend reversed in the last decade.

The estimated number of Mexicans in the United States illegally rose steadily for many years, from 2.9 million in 1995 to a peak of 6.9 million in 2007. But the number began dropping in 2008 and has fallen more since, reaching 5.8 million in 2014, the latest year for which Pew analyzed data.

If the number is falling, that means more illegal Mexican immigrants are leaving the United States than entering it. The numbers include both immigrants who entered the U.S. illegally and those who overstayed their visas.

And again, ity's not necessarily race anyone fears, but the GOP is already a clear minority party and that gap is widening. That is a HUGE unacknowleged fear among your base. Just cuz many are in denial of it doiesn't make it any less so.

You asked me to explain. I did, and your retort is a personal attack.
Got anything else?

Well do you believe an American majority thinks we have a "crisis on the border" and wants the wall?

I already know you erroneously believe Trump was a "sucessful businessman", despite the fact his business career has been majorally a collosal and dismal failure, and that his TV show was about the only success he enjoyed. Matter of fact, every supposed "success" in Trump's history has been someone else gifting him something, or propping him up. You fell for it, what's that say about you?:roll:

Five GOPers are currently calling for end to gov't shutdown:
Collins
Tillis
Alexander
Gardner
Roberts

These people work for the gov't and they spend most of their time surrounded by gov't people. TSA workers are leaving their jobs, Parks are filling with garbage, refund checks will be affected. Will the shutdown remind conservatives why the gov't is important???

I'm a little pissed this week since I have to take a CC flight on Wed. THanks, Trump.

That link says that there's an estimated 5.8 million Mexican illegal immigrants from Mexico as of 2014, down from 6.9 in 2009. What it does not say or talk about is how many are from other countries. Like Honduras, Europe etc etc. Illegal immigration is about far more than just those from Mexico ya know. Cherry picking statistics will get you no where.

And again, ity's not necessarily race anyone fears, but the GOP is already a clear minority party and that gap is widening. That is a HUGE unacknowleged fear among your base. Just cuz many are in denial of it doiesn't make it any less so.

1: I'm not a part of the GOP base. So don't care if their numbers are reduced. :shrug:

2: Democrats are losing base also. Do you fear it? I don't. But then I'm not a Democrat either. ;)

You see, that is the reason that I am listed as "Independent". I belong to no party. Political parties are a flaw in how we conduct our political business in the US. I would prefer to get rid of them all together. That way we could actually address issues rather than parties in our national discussions.

And if it wasn't "necessarily race anyone fears"....why'd you try to use it as an excuse? Backtracking much?

That link says that there's an estimated 5.8 million Mexican illegal immigrants from Mexico as of 2014, down from 6.9 in 2009. What it does not say or talk about is how many are from other countries. Like Honduras, Europe etc etc. Illegal immigration is about far more than just those from Mexico ya know. Cherry picking statistics will get you no where.

1: I'm not a part of the GOP base. So don't care if their numbers are reduced. :shrug:

2: Democrats are losing base also. Do you fear it? I don't. But then I'm not a Democrat either. ;)

You see, that is the reason that I am listed as "Independent". I belong to no party. Political parties are a flaw in how we conduct our political business in the US. I would prefer to get rid of them all together. That way we could actually address issues rather than parties in our national discussions.

And if it wasn't "necessarily race anyone fears"....why'd you try to use it as an excuse? Backtracking much?

I made my point, your failure to understand it is not my concern.

I made my point, your failure to understand it is not my concern.

No, you really didn't. :shrug: You tried attacking my stance based on my supposed "fear of browning". When that failed you switched to party ideology. Again, you failed. You see, you have nothing available to argue with when identity politics doesn't work. Your whole argument was based on it. The only part that wasn't about identity politics was the whole reversal of illegal immigrants into this country. Which also failed because cherry picked data does not work. But you go ahead and keep believing that you did if it makes you feel better.

Both of these statements are wrong.

Prove my facts are wrong...

I can only go by what an official said about the TSA.... Take it up with TSA spokesman Jim Gregory, who
"told The Washington Post. But so far they’re having “minimal impact,” he said. “To date the [screening] wait times remain within TSA standards,” which is a maximum of 30 minutes in a regular checkpoint queue."

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entr...-work-paying-jobs_us_5c2fe590e4b073352832d6ae

I took a flight home from Portland, OR. last night.
No waits at all.

I have no valid reason to disbelieve that the TSA is working inefficiently because some TSA workers' sick time call-outs are happening across the country.
Sick time “call-outs have increased,” TSA spokesman Jim Gregory told The Washington Post. But so far they’re having “minimal impact,” he said. “To date the [screening] wait times remain within TSA standards,” which is a maximum of 30 minutes in a regular checkpoint queue.

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entr...-work-paying-jobs_us_5c2fe590e4b073352832d6ae

Will you be live updating us about the chaos????

You mean the chaos you have invented as to further your anti-Trump agenda?
There is no chaos at our nation's airports. So can stop now.

:lol:

According to you, it's "chaotic."

Let's compare

1.) minimal

and

2.) chaotic!

1.)very small or slight in size or amount

2.) complete confusion and disorder : a state in which events are not controlled by anything

Roseann:)

Bold: Ironic statement considering one of THE MAIN functions of the federal government is to secure our borders and this shutdown is exactly about securing our borders. People may disagree on how that should be done, but nonetheless, the reason for the government shutdown is because of the main function of the federal government.

No the irony is that border security and TSA personnel are not being paid and many are calling in sick as a result. This has nothing to do with border security and everything to do with an out of control President who thinks docking the pay of 800,000 workers is the way to stick it to Democrats and make them pay for his boondoggle so they look like wimps. Trump has no plan to "secure the border" and never has. If he did he would have put in his budget request.

No the irony is that border security and TSA personnel are not being paid and many are calling in sick as a result. This has nothing to do with border security and everything to do with an out of control President who thinks docking the pay of 800,000 workers is the way to stick it to Democrats and make them pay for his boondoggle so they look like wimps. Trump has no plan to "secure the border" and never has. If he did he would have put in his budget request.

So $5bn for a border wall isn't a part of the budget request? Hmm....

While I've heard of TSA agents calling in sick I haven't heard anything about BP agents calling in sick. Do you have a link for that?

And I don't think you understand irony. Those people calling in "sick" should be fired as they ARE going to be paid. Just not on a normal time frame. To say that they're not going to be paid is hyperbolic at best.

So $5bn for a border wall isn't a part of the budget request? Hmm....

While I've heard of TSA agents calling in sick I haven't heard anything about BP agents calling in sick. Do you have a link for that?

And I don't think you understand irony. Those people calling in "sick" should be fired as they ARE going to be paid. Just not on a normal time frame. To say that they're not going to be paid is hyperbolic at best.

LOL So banks and electric companies are just going to wait for their payments because they will get their money sometime?

WASHINGTON — The White House has drastically scaled back demands for funds to construct a border wall, seeking $1.6 billion in the budget submitted to Congress on Tuesday — $2.5 billion less than announced just two months ago.
https://www.dallasnews.com/news/mexico/2017/05/23/border-wall-funding-shrinks-trumps-2018-budget

As you can plainly see the Democrats included Trumps FULL request of $1.6 billion in the GOP budget that passed the Senate unanimously. Trump only added the $5 billion after the Democrats took the House. This is purely about sticking it to the Dems and they will not be made fools of.

Last edited:
Both of these statements are wrong.

I disagree. The TSA is a waste of money. They do not add any appreciable security to airline travel.

For one obvious example. What does the TSA do with your bottle of shampoo that’s more that 3.4 ounces?

If you’ve never experienced it I’ll tell you. They confiscate it and throw it in the trash and send you on your way.

Now ask yourself what would happen if that was a real explosive and the person a real bomb maker.

The TSA is fully functioning whereas the southern borders are not fully protected.
Your point?

The TSA is having staffing troubles because many of their employees are calling out sick.

Back
Top Bottom