• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Swing Vote: Newly Dead Now Oppose Obama

Coronado

Voluntary Resignation
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
I really can't imagine doing this myself, but hey ...
The Wall Street Journal said:
October 4, 2010, 4:45 PM ET
Swing Vote: Newly Dead Now Oppose Obama

By Stephen Miller

As a Chicago pol, President Barack Obama must be familiar with rumors that the cemeteries vote. If so, he’d probably be worried to find out that in this campaign year, he’s even lost the dead.

In death notices from around the nation, the recently deceased are reaching back to canvass the living.

“In lieu of flowers, Hal has requested that donations be made to your local animal shelter or to any candidate running against Barack Obama in 2012,” reads the death notice of Harold Groves, a retired Air Force fighter pilot who died at age 77 on Aug. 26 in Myrtle Beach, Fla.

Donations should be sent to “the American Cancer Society or who ever is running against President Barack Obama in 2012,” echoes the notice for Donald Charles Unsworth of Rome, Pa., also an Air Force veteran, who died at age 78.

[...]

Damn it. The Zombie Apocalypse is upon us.

I just don't understand the thought process of these people. You are dying and your message to the world before you go is don't vote for President Obama. Hell I mean mine would be about friends, family, the Yankees sucking, Boston sport teams being better than yours. That type of thing.

I just don't understand the thought process of these people. You are dying and your message to the world before you go is don't vote for President Obama. Hell I mean mine would be about friends, family, the Yankees sucking, Boston sport teams being better than yours. That type of thing.
Yeah, I don't get it either. This is your last act on Earth, the one for which you'll always be remembered, and you choose to make some crass political message? Not me.

Yeah, I don't get it either. This is your last act on Earth, the one for which you'll always be remembered, and you choose to make some crass political message? Not me.

Two chicks at the same time?

Two chicks at the same time?
I prefer not to wait until the end to do that.

I mean that whole ED thing, it would be like playing pool with a rope.

This smells of Witchcraft

:shrug: there is no reason that hate had to be the emotion behind this. personally, i approve of it, were i to die right now, i could see wishing for something along those lines. don't give me flowers (that i can't see, smell, or otherwise appreciate), help to save the country i love from the buffoons in charge of it. hence, it's unsurprising to me that both the individuals mentioned were vets. they have a history of putting the concerns of the nation first.

:shrug: there is no reason that hate had to be the emotion behind this. personally, i approve of it, were i to die right now, i could see wishing for something along those lines. don't give me flowers (that i can't see, smell, or otherwise appreciate), help to save the country i love from the buffoons in charge of it. hence, it's unsurprising to me that both the individuals mentioned were vets. they have a history of putting the concerns of the nation first.

No, it's not what a normal person would say. Best I can figure is the old guy was a long time Republican.

No, it's not what a normal person would say. Best I can figure is the old guy was a long time Republican.

Both old guys were long time Air Force. Knowing as many as I do, I'm not surprised.

I don't see anything wrong with it. He may want to help his grandchildren from the grave.

Both old guys were long time Air Force. Knowing as many as I do, I'm not surprised.

I understand your point just didn't say it myself. The military powers that be never like Democrats in office.

So, I'm to conclude that your brain beginning to rot makes you vote Republican?

If you want to ask for donations, how about toward the fight against whatever disease killed ya? In the case of these guys: donate to the Liver Foundation to end cirrhosis.

ED? There's pills for that. Best not to wash 'em down with a Keystone Light, however.

Regards from Rosie

If you want to ask for donations, how about toward the fight against whatever disease killed ya? In the case of these guys: donate to the Liver Foundation to end cirrhosis.

ED? There's pills for that. Best not to wash 'em down with a Keystone Light, however.

Regards from Rosie

They did...

“In lieu of flowers, Hal has requested that donations be made to your local animal shelter or to any candidate running against Barack Obama in 2012,” reads the death notice of Harold Groves, a retired Air Force fighter pilot who died at age 77 on Aug. 26 in Myrtle Beach, Fla.

Donations should be sent to “the American Cancer Society or who ever is running against President Barack Obama in 2012,” echoes the notice for Donald Charles Unsworth of Rome, Pa., also an Air Force veteran, who died at age 78.

Regards from Rosie

What right do we have to tell people what their last wishes should be?

The only 'right's we should have, are those the 'left' would wish us to have... didn't you know that?;)

Hey, did you happen to notice how nobody said there shouldn't be a right to do this? Why do conservatives always make this bizarre extrapolation about liberals?

You guys didn't approve of the Quran burning plans that WBC offshoot had, right? Clearly you must want to repeal the first amendment! :roll:

It's called the First Amendment to the US Constitution. Google it.

Back
Top Bottom