• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Swimwear model responds after body-shamers criticize cellulite: 'Being beautiful is about being kind

Some dudes feel the need to say out loud that she's not a good-looking woman? Well okay then. Step aside, boys, while you wait for your perfect, idealized model who won't willingly get anywhere near you. ;)

If looks is the key to finding a mate, a lot of us would have been royally screwed...I am definitely not Brad Pitt

But intelligence, personality, and a nice fat bank acct made me a pretty good catch

The only thing that matters is what your significant other thinks....period

You have to be attractive to them...

Democrats on the forum fat shame people all the time. Did it incessantly about Chris Christy and do so about Sarah Sanders and President Trump. Bigotry is extremely popular in the Democratic Party as is hate-mongering overall.

If you are showcasing your body to attract whatever kind of consumer, don't ask others, ESPECIALLY MEN, to be attracted to the unattractive. Of course there are other venues such as a sales lady where her premise fits. Even then knowledgeable trumps kind. A woman with cellulite modelling swimwear to sell is like showcasing a hotel with dented cars parked out front.

https://www.foxnews.com/lifestyle/s...cellulite-being-beautiful-is-about-being-kind

My wife is almost twice her age and objectively looks better than this:

https://www.instagram.com/p/Br4bHFhH67_/?utm_source=ig_embed

:lamo They're marketing their women's swim suits to men? Buying a lot of bikinis over there, SDET?

manbikini.jpg

You're special.

Swimwear, presumably. However, swimsuit models are known to sell, cars, underwear, tools, diet plans and more. I didn't look up what her particular gigs are.

Anyone, and I mean ANYONE, who buys a product just because of the model is an idiot. Straight forward unintelligent idiot. I have NEVER bought a product based on the person modeling in front of it.

Democrats on the forum fat shame people all the time. Did it incessantly about Chris Christy and do so about Sarah Sanders and President Trump. Bigotry is extremely popular in the Democratic Party as is hate-mongering overall.

So conservatives have a healthier view on sexuality?

Wow, only another out of shape female would say this gal should be modeling a swimsuit. Models work very hard to keep their bodies in shape and look fantastic in what they're wearing and especially if they're modeling. I wouldn't even wear that swimsuit around the house while alone if my backside looked like that. Cover it up when you have flaws, that's my attitude for being fat and out of shape. Also it looks like whatever she used to tan was a bad choice too. Her stomach and backside are not attractive in that kind of swimwear.

If you are showcasing your body to attract whatever kind of consumer, don't ask others, ESPECIALLY MEN, to be attracted to the unattractive. Of course there are other venues such as a sales lady where her premise fits. Even then knowledgeable trumps kind. A woman with cellulite modelling swimwear to sell is like showcasing a hotel with dented cars parked out front.

https://www.foxnews.com/lifestyle/s...cellulite-being-beautiful-is-about-being-kind

e26.jpg

Anyone, and I mean ANYONE, who buys a product just because of the model is an idiot. Straight forward unintelligent idiot. I have NEVER bought a product based on the person modeling in front of it.

Well, models are really there to showcase the product. Sometimes the model is there to model sexiness others are there for different things, modeling intelligence, sophistication, honesty, it's just part of advertising. Advertising works, if it didn't there wouldn't be entire industries dedicated to it.

That being said this model is advertising the product to their clientele.

my 12-pack turned into a keg, so i'm gonna take a pass

Yeah, I've been sporting a "keg" for about seven or eight years now. One day it just started showing up and no matter what I did, it kept growing.

I was a 54 year old red blooded American man losing his looks.
Thankfully my wife seems to need a new pair of glasses, because she thinks my "Budda Belly" is sorta cute, although once in a while she likes to make jokes about lowland gorillas.

I can't joke back because she was 115 pounds when I met her in 1984 and she's 125 pounds now at age 53 and she's still breathtakingly beautiful. It amazes me.

I think the point of the second link is to send a message to women that they should love themselves as they are and not give in to the onslaught of pressure for them to look like a 120 pound model. Men aren't held to the same standard as far as body image goes, so why are women expected to all look like models with perfect figures? All people are different, nobody is perfect and people should let others be who they are without criticizing them. I'll bet half the men here have a beer belly, smelly underwear, perspiration stains under their armpits and are usually only half-shaven. (oh baby baby)

Back
Top Bottom