• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

"Sweet Neo Con"

Your mindless little creedo is a joke. There is no more unthinking, adolescent group of hysterics on this Earth than those who we call liberals. Spare us the clueless condescension.

SMIRKnCHIMP said:
Anyone Hear the Rolling Stones Serenade to the BoyChimpBush?

Could you please refrain from starting new threads everytime a thought pops into your dome?

Famous People Bashing Political Figures seldom works. It just makes people angry and it loses them fans. Look at how it affected the Dixie Chicks. Their sales went down 30%, and they have pretty much quit.

Republican said:
and they have pretty much quit.
ehh.. I think that has more to do with them popping out babies.

Moderator's Warning:

Moved to Off Topic, no associated poll.

I could care less if an artist puts this in a song. What gets my goat is when they do like the Dixie Chicks and attempt to make a political statement on stage through speeches.

Yes, Texas is still ashamed they are from here.

vauge said:
Moderator's Warning:

Moved to Off Topic, no associated poll.

I could care less if an artist puts this in a song. What gets my goat is when they do like the Dixie Chicks and attempt to make a political statement on stage through speeches.

Yes, Texas is still ashamed they are from here.

Hey! What's wrong with that? I like the Dixie Chicks. They have just as much of a right to say their political views as anyone else. If someone doesn't want to hear it, they don't have to buy a ticket. I have less respect for them because the took it back once everyone was mad at them.

Not an issue if that is what you pay for.
If one pays to listen to a speech - they don't expect singing. Obviously, the opposite applies.

They didn't have the guts to say it here in Texas, else Natalie would have been boo'd off stage. But, there was a major CD smashin party, my CD was one of them. One of the biggest radio stations here in Big D refuses to play their songs. I will not go back to Texas Land and Cattle and Blockbuster because they condone the actions of the Dixie Chicks and play their songs. The DC's have a right to say it - equally I have a right not to pay to see or hear them.

Ask Linda Ronstadt about her position on Micheal Moore and her job status in Vegas. :mrgreen:

vauge said:
I will not go back to Texas Land and Cattle and Blockbuster because they condone the actions of the Dixie Chicks and play their songs.
Do they condone their actions or their music? (or both, but one doesn't necessarily follow the other).

As the Pet Shop Boys said it best in a song of theirs:

You're an intellectual giant, an authority
To preach and teach the whole world about ecology
Tell me baby are you gonna make any other claims?
Tell me baby are you gonna take any of the blame?
How can you expect to be taken seriously?

shuamort said:
Do they condone their actions or their music? (or both, but one doesn't necessarily follow the other).

After the first instance (on each) I spoke to the manager then emailed the owners. Both said they have satellite programing and there was not much they could do about it in so many words.

I went back to both of these establishments. Both [completely different occations] had the Dixie Chicks playing. Both got my letter that I believe they condone the actions of the Dixie Chicks and are unwilling to do anything about it. I will not be returning. So far, 3 months later - no response.

So, if the places had any integrity they would have told me to shove it or changed stations.

This just shows the lack of creativity that the stones are now struggling with. This is the latest trend, bash neo-cons, but it is tired and over done, hey, kinda sounds like the stones themselves.

Hmmm does anyone really care about what drugged up washed up rockers and celebreties have to say about politics? :lol: Especially Tom Cruise..the man believs that we're all descended from aliens..how can anyone take him seriously?:lol:

Napoleon's Nightingale said:
Hmmm does anyone really care about what drugged up washed up rockers and celebreties have to say about politics? :lol: Especially Tom Cruise..the man believs that we're all descended from aliens..how can anyone take him seriously?:lol:

I would bet my hard earned money they do........otherwise the Fascist bushloving right would not be upset.......DUH!

as far as the alien crap......that makes just as much sense as a make believe man in the clouds creating EVERYTING in 6 days........

Factologist said:
I would bet my hard earned money they do........otherwise the Fascist bushloving right would not be upset.......DUH!

as far as the alien crap......that makes just as much sense as a make believe man in the clouds creating EVERYTING in 6 days........

Not everything....

I talked to God about creating you and he said, "Don't look at me...I'm not THAT stupid.":shrug:

SMIRKnCHIMP said:
ALL i TELL YOU SON IS WHEN YOU REACH THE LEGAL VOTING AGE EXERCISE THOSE RIGHTS.....WITH PRIDE.......

Your not good at reading profiles, are you?

I haven't seen anything good from you other than your ability to cut & paste articles without their source and to start threads that spread hate.

I've had better debates with Hellen Keller.....when she's asleep....

Back
Top Bottom