• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Sweden's March Towards CAPITALISM

Wow. I was expecting to see something like that, but clicking on the link sent me to an overwhelming exaggeration of the reality. I feel cheated now. Thanks.

Wow. I was expecting to see something like that, but clicking on the link sent me to an overwhelming exaggeration of the reality. I feel cheated now. Thanks.

Given that the video is ten minutes long and you responded in less than six, I'm so glad you took the time to analyze the material before responding with your drivel.

Interesting vid. Brilliant actually. Tusen tack.

I lived in Sverige for a number of years and he nailed it with healthcare, hell he nailed it all. They had to change the laws for sick days because folks were... abusing the system, using it for vacation time or to work off Moonshine (hembränt) Flu, as they received 100% of their pay from the 1st day ill. At the time Sweden was one of the sickliest nations in Europe; after they changed the law, they became much healthier.

The states should be running these experiments, for the folks can move away from an abusive system, but when the Feds take over and screw things up, as they always do... we are really, really screwed.

Last edited:
Given that the video is ten minutes long and you responded in less than six, I'm so glad you took the time to analyze the material before responding with your drivel.

Given that the statement you made was incredibly exaggerated, it was aptly replied to. There is no actual "shift." You take some minor changes, and potential changes, and make a federal case out of it for dramatic effect. Such a "shift to capitalism" is itself absurd, because Sweden is already capitalist, and has been, for quite some time. Therefore, the foundation of your thread's assumptions are automatically wrong, thus any conclusion from that is suspect.

There may be some tweaks here and there, but little else. The system is overwhelmingly successful, and desired by the citizens. There is no mass movement for the Randroid Libertopia.

The video was underwhelming. I was expecting something significant from the hype.

Edit: didn't watch the whole video. I segmented it and sampled.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom