• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Sweden officially the 'goodest' country in the world, study says

Bergslagstroll

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
The Good Country index show how countries contributes to the greater good of humanity, based on 35 separate indicators. This year with Sweden at the top.

Sweden has topped a poll as the best ‒ or “goodest” ‒ country when it comes to serving the interests of its people while avoiding damaging impacts to other nations and the environment.

The country has outranked 162 others to take pole position in the Good Country Index, a league table based on 35 separate indicators from sources including the United Nations and the World Bank.

Sweden scores highest for positive lifestyle contributions including prosperity, equality, health and wellbeing, while also performing well culturally.

Sweden officially the 'goodest' country in the world, study says | World Politics | News | The Independent

The Good Country index's homepage: Overall Rankings - The Good Country

Sweed! (sorry :roll:) Actually, glad things are going well over there after hearing so many issues about migrants.

That is like saying, good to see the US is all the way up at 21st place despite the mass raping and killings going on every day..

The Good Country index show how countries contributes to the greater good of humanity, based on 35 separate indicators. This year with Sweden at the top.

Sweden officially the 'goodest' country in the world, study says | World Politics | News | The Independent

Damn.. Denmark beaten by those drunken crazies (meant in a loving way) over on the other side of the Øresund!!!! Just wait till the next game in football between the countries!!!! :) You got no more Zlatan soon.. and we got Bendtner.. err .. Eriksen!..

That is like saying, good to see the US is all the way up at 21st place despite the mass raping and killings going on every day..

Remember that when your hiding behind our skirt the next time anything remotely close to Hitler pops up again.

Remember that when your hiding behind our skirt the next time anything remotely close to Hitler pops up again.

Awwww.. so you resort to pulling the WW2 card... classic case of "**** I lost this one by putting up such an idiotic comment".

Awwww.. so you resort to pulling the WW2 card... classic case of "**** I lost this one by putting up such an idiotic comment".

I suppose Denmark would whoop Hitlers ass today, huh? :lol: Nope son, we would come in and take care of the bad guys for you.

Damn.. Denmark beaten by those drunken crazies (meant in a loving way) over on the other side of the Øresund!!!! Just wait till the next game in football between the countries!!!! :) You got no more Zlatan soon.. and we got Bendtner.. err .. Eriksen!..

Well you beat us on the list of most happy countries in the world by being the second most happy country in the world while Sweden is on place five, but we both get beaten by those pesky Norwegians:)

The World's Happiest (And Saddest) Countries - In Photos: The World’s Happiest (And Saddest) Countries - Forbes

Then it comes to fotball both danes and sweds would be fine having the 90's back. With Denmark winning the European championship and Sweden getting the bronze in the World champoinship:)

Sweed! (sorry :roll:) Actually, glad things are going well over there after hearing so many issues about migrants.

Well all those anti immigration progaganda is not to be trusted. Take for example that Malmö a small swedish city with many immigrants is the 7:th most happy city in Europe. But sadly Malmö get beaten by both Norwegian, Danish and Islandic towns, but they probably cheats:)

European Commission data: European cities where most people are very satisfied with their lives - Business Insider

Well the Europeans had to fight Hitler on their own for two years and the brits did it bravely and could keep their island free during the time. But yes USA’s contribution after the attack on Pearl harbor was vital just like contribution of UK and USSR.

Today EU alone spend alot more money on defence compared to Russia and also European countries have nukes so a invasion of Europe would be a very risky business for Russia even without USA support.

Also of course we are all proud of the country we live in but it can also be good to look at diffrenst index and statitics comparisions with other countries.

Only Canada at 7th and New Zealand at 10th crack the top ten of another Eurocentric self-congratulatory evaluation of life. And yet, there are precious few people who would leave their lives in Canada, the US, New Zealand or Australia to move to one of these European countries.

I suppose Denmark would whoop Hitlers ass today, huh? :lol: Nope son, we would come in and take care of the bad guys for you.

Didn't Denmark surrender after, like, six hours of fighting?

Without America y'all wouldn't be able to mockingly talk about our "guns and rape" problem.

Didn't Denmark surrender after, like, six hours of fighting?

Naw we had pre-surrendered, but the troops near the border never got the stand down order.

Without America y'all wouldn't be able to mockingly talk about our "guns and rape" problem.

Without us there would be no America.... do you really want to keep going?

Well you beat us on the list of most happy countries in the world by being the second most happy country in the world while Sweden is on place five, but we both get beaten by those pesky Norwegians:)

The World's Happiest (And Saddest) Countries - In Photos: The World’s Happiest (And Saddest) Countries - Forbes

Then it comes to fotball both danes and sweds would be fine having the 90's back. With Denmark winning the European championship and Sweden getting the bronze in the World champoinship:)

Sadly you have ABBA.. we only got Aqua.. wait Lukas Graham is Danish!!!!.

Naw we had pre-surrendered, but the troops near the border never got the stand down order.

Without us there would be no America.... do you really want to keep going?

Without Denmark? That's funny. I also thought we came out of England's colonies. But then again, we kicked England's ass in the American Revolution, so......

Hey at least you didn't get treated too bad. Probably because the fighting was low scale compared to other theatres.

Without Denmark? That's funny. I also thought we came out of England's colonies.

Yes and where the English come from.. well a large portion? They were Normans.. where did they come from? Normandy.. and who were their ancestors? Vikings from Denmark, Iceland and Norway. Oh and who found the Americas first... Vikings...

But then again, we kicked England's ass in the American Revolution, so......

You only managed to do that thanks the French... without French support, then your little revolution would have failed badly.

Yes and where the English come from.. well a large portion? They were Normans.. where did they come from? Normandy.. and who were their ancestors? Vikings from Denmark, Iceland and Norway. Oh and who found the Americas first... Vikings...

You only managed to do that thanks the French... without French support, then your little revolution would have failed badly.

Which ignores Saratoga and the fact we'd been fighting the world's premier superpower to a draw for several years before the French got involved.

The Vikings may have found the Americas but they didn't last. So that's kinda a moot point.

Yeah, sick to death of these idiotic "best country" lists which are too subjective to be of any value. I can only conclude that Sweden is a liberal hell hole not worthy of consideration. :roll:

Yeah, sick to death of these idiotic "best country" lists which are too subjective to be of any value. I can only conclude that Sweden is a liberal hell hole not worthy of consideration. :roll:

What's a liberal hell hole? And how does this make you conclude Sweden is one?

One man's hell hole is another man's paradise. You'd probably love it there. :D

https://sweden.se

Not an answer, Got no answer, fine. but I don't think you have any idea what 'liberal' means. Here's a clue- when liberalism is measured world-wide, what's referred to is the level of personal freedom and liberty in the society. Yes, Sweden ranks high on those terms, Conservative societies, like Iran, Cuba, Saudi Arabia, North Korea, rank very low.

Not an answer, Got no answer, fine. but I don't think you have any idea what 'liberal' means. Here's a clue- when liberalism is measured world-wide, what's referred to is the level of personal freedom and liberty in the society. Yes, Sweden ranks high on those terms, Conservative societies, like Iran, Cuba, Saudi Arabia, North Korea, rank very low.

Not much point in having a discussion with such a dishonest person. :shrug:

Not much point in having a discussion with such a dishonest person. :shrug:

Discussion? When did you ever have a discussion here?

This is a very questionable 'ranking' . No links at all to their source data only a description of where they supposedly got it.
I out of curiosity I checked the World Order portion of it. So That section is comprised of Charity Giving, Refugees Hosted, Refugees Generated, Birth Rate and Un Treaties Signed.
There is a slider to show how good or bad each country is in that particular area.
I looked at Refugees generated. now the usa had a positive mark but not by a lot. which would seem to indicate the USA generates refugees. I have no idea who that would be. of course the good site referenced the UNHCR for its data however searching UNHCR produced no documents that showed this.
So I wandered over to Science and Technology. part of that was Patents.. well they had quite a few countries rated high. I found it interesting Sweden and Finland and even Luxemborg was higher than the usa.. I thought how could Luxemborg contribute more to the world through patents than the usa I mean they hardly have any people... oh... its by population. doesn't make sense but ok.
International Peace and Security... Peacekeeping troops. usa not rated high.. again its by population....
I went back to world order.. Charity giving hrm usa not rate all that high.. oh this one is by population too not how much was given.
Prosperity and equality. ranked low because of UNESCO dues being in arrears. Apparently the US quit paying its UNESCO dues in 2011 when Palestinians were given membership.

This is a nutty site. perhaps intentioned well but not really an indicator of what it claims.

Discussion? When did you ever have a discussion here?

You're equating NK, Iran, Cuba, and Saudi Arabia with American conservatism, and you're accusing me of not wanting to have a discussion? Um, ooooo-kay.

The country with one of the highest-polling far-right extremist factions in Europe?
Really?!

*facespork*

Back
Top Bottom