• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Swamp Creature, Matt Gaetz

I sure as hell am. The Dems are fools to have insisted Franken go and they are fools again for asking Cuomo to go.
I'm neither asking Andrew to go nor supporting him. However, I do want to see Gaetz land in jail. For sure.

However, I do want to see Gaetz land in jail. For sure.

IF the allegations are proven, yes.

IF the allegations on Cuomo are proved, so what? He is not being accused of any crimes.

I wonder, since I haven't followed this story at all, if you can tell me: Did Gaetz use the power of his congressional position in any of this "immoral" behavior? You know...like Cuomo?

The answer to that question will define whether Gaetz is or is not a "swamp creature".
Sure, you won't follow a story that is about one of your team looking like an asshole, but can pivot immediately to a Dem looking like an asshole?
Did Cuomo break any laws? is the FBI looking into allegations about him?

Sure, you won't follow a story that is about one of your team looking like an asshole, but can pivot immediately to a Dem looking like an asshole?
Did Cuomo break any laws? is the FBI looking into allegations about him?
I don't care about Cuomo and this thread is about Gaetz.

But I guess you don't have an answer to my question, either.

So it goes...

IF the allegations are proven, yes.

IF the allegations on Cuomo are proved, so what? He is not being accused of any crimes.
Sexual harassment is against the law in New York State, an act that was signed by Cuomo.

I don't care about Cuomo and this thread is about Gaetz.

But I guess you don't have an answer to my question, either.

So it goes...
Yet, you brought up Cuomo.....

Sexual harassment is against the law in New York State, an act that was signed by Cuomo.

Yes, in 2019. So interesting point. Did these harrassment in the workplace accusations against Cuomo supposedly happen after 2019?

Oops, I don't want to be like Mycroft and derail from the thread. I'll ask in a Cuomo thread.

He will not face charges. He did not sexually harass anyone. Have you heard the idiotic or agenda driven crap they accuse him of?

He will not face charges. He did not sexually harass anyone. Have you heard the idiotic or agenda driven crap they accuse him of?
Yeah, sexual harassment, as he defined it in his law.

Yeah, sexual harassment, as he defined it in his law.

The problem Cuomo is facing is not harassment, it is being visible in a world of #metoo. No one is safe, literally.
The first women came forward because she is running for a political office. Hello! The second came forward because she is hard wired to think every man is a predator. She has accused several men. The last women came forward because she is a fruitcake, she spoke to how "uncomfortable" she was because Cuomo, in front of her husband and child, greeted her as he greets everyone, man and women, with a kiss on both cheeks. Same way I greet folks from many cultures.

What is happening with a bunch of them is simply perspective. Interpreting things through #metoo eyes.

Worry about ***** grabbers, rapists, people who coerce and threaten for sex. Not for the #metoo snowflakes.

Well, well...

In a statement to CBS News, a spokesperson from Gaetz's office said: "Rep. Gaetz has never paid for sex, nor has he had sex with an underage girl. What began with blaring headlines about 'sex trafficking' has now turned into a general fishing exercise about vacations and consensual relationships with adults. Yesterday, we even learned of some nonsense 'pardon' story that turned out to be false, and today it's just more euphemism. It's interesting to watch the Washington wheels grinding so hard every time one of their falsehoods gets knocked down."

That must be from the new spokesman who took over after the old spokesman quit rather than lie. I see the new one has no such qualms.

Looks like the other swamp creature is about to rat out his running buddy.

This is very bad news for Gaetz. It means that Greenberg has information of value to prosecutors.

This is very bad news for Gaetz. It means that Greenberg has information of value to prosecutors.
Well, contrary to what the liars on the Right have been saying for the past few days, that much has been obvious from the beginning.

A second Gaetz staffer has resigned.

A second staffer for Rep. Matt Gaetz (R), resigned late last week amid allegations that the Florida congressman engaged in sex trafficking and sex with a minor, The New York Times reported Thursday.

Gaetz's legislative director Devin Murphy was the second staffer to leave Gaetz's office, three people with knowledge of the matter told the Times.

The Hill has reached out for comment on Murphy's exit.

Murphy's departure comes behind Luke Ball, the congressman's former communications chief, who left the Republican's team just days earlier.

Link

Greenberg taking a plea deal doesn't sound good for Gaetz at all. I guess we'll see what Greenberg actually has, but if that Venmo payment is any indication, then Gaetz is going to have a lot of explaining to do.

Back
Top Bottom