• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

"Sustainable" agriculture is a concept born of....

Communities had more than enough to live on with traditional practices until infrastructure emphasis switched to urbanization. The Green Revolution happened in order to support the rapid growth of urban centres. I would hardly call it superior for those reasons.

So you really are arguing that millions of people need to starve so that nature can be in balance (or some other dippy "sustainable" goal)? I think that definitely qualifies as a "a deep-seated dislike of human beings"...

You also seem to be arguing that the Industrial Revolution was a bad thing. Wow.

So you really are arguing that millions of people need to starve so that nature can be in balance (or some other dippy "sustainable" goal)? I think that definitely qualifies as a "a deep-seated dislike of human beings"...

You also seem to be arguing that the Industrial Revolution was a bad thing. Wow.

It's clear to me now that I am far too susceptible to trolls.

Buzz off.

How am I trolling you? You just said that urban centres (a consequence of the Industrial Revolution) are "unsustainable", and that the modern agricultural techniques developed to feed the growing human population in those urban centres are also "unsustainable". The only logical way to return to sustainability, given the root issues you just outlined, is to revert to traditional agricultural practices and allows millions upon millions of people in urban centres to starve to death, undoing all the progress mankind has achieved in the wake of the Industrial Revolution in the process.

Last edited:
The only logical way to return to sustainability, given the root issues you just outlined, is to revert to traditional agricultural practices and allows millions upon millions of people in urban centres to starve to death, undoing all the progress mankind has achieved in the wake of the Industrial Revolution in the process.

Wow, hyperbole much.

Actually, that is not the only way. But I won't tell you why or how because you already have poor credibility in communication skills. I'll let you do the research.

Have a nice night. I'm now unsubscribing from this thread.

But I won't tell you why or how because you already have poor credibility in communication skills.

I'm not sure what credibility has to do with communication skills, but you're certainly free to opt not to discuss this issue any further with me. I don't need an explanation. :)

If we keep on what we're doing, too much land is going to be unusable anyways to support urban populations.

Back
Top Bottom