master political analyst
- Dec 3, 2009
- Reaction score
- The Golden State
- Political Leaning
A forthcoming book called The Confessions of Congressman X,purportedly written by a sitting (and rumored to be Democratic) congressman, promises to be an anonymous revelation of everything terrible you've always suspected about America's representatives in Washington. Choice quotes about Congress include:
- "Most of my colleagues are dishonest career politicians who revel in the power and special-interest money that's lavished upon them."
- "My main job is to keep my job, to get reelected. It takes precedence over everything."
- "Fundraising is so time consuming I seldom read any bills I vote on. Like many of my colleagues, I don't know how the legislation will be implemented, or what it'll cost."
- "The average man on the street actually thinks he influences how I vote. Unless it's a hot-button issue, his thoughts are generally meaningless. I'll politely listen, but I follow the money."
- "Voters are incredibly ignorant and know little about our form of government and how it works."
- "It's far easier than you think to manipulate a nation of naive, self-absorbed sheep who crave instant gratification."
No surprises there, at least not to most of the members of DP.