• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

suspended for bloodshot eyes

justabubba

long standing member
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
HS student was suspended because he came to school with bloodshot eyes
only able to return after taking a drug test to show he was not smoking pot
but the school refuses to remove the suspension from his official record

the reason the kid had bloodshot eyes: his father had been murdered

yep, you guessed it ... this happened in tejas

School suspends crying son of murdered man because his eyes were red - Boing Boing

School suspends crying son of murdered man because his eyes were red - Boing Boing

sounds like a lucrative case for a good attorney

we can have slander, defamation, intentional infliction of emotional duress and several other counts

probably price that one at about 150K

Send the mayor of this charming town an email telling her what you think of their school system, I did. REEEdickalos. Thanks, Justa.

cwhite@ci.trophyclub.tx.us

Send the mayor of this charming town an email telling her what you think of their school system, I did. REEEdickalos. Thanks, Justa.

cwhite@ci.trophyclub.tx.us

Why on earth would you email the mayor of the town it happened in? Nothing in the story suggested that she had anything at all to do with what happened.

On the subject of the OP, it's completely retarded that he was suspended for having bloodshot eyes.

Why on earth would you email the mayor of the town it happened in? Nothing in the story suggested that she had anything at all to do with what happened.

On the subject of the OP, it's completely retarded that he was suspended for having bloodshot eyes.

Small town. Two phone calls and it's taken care of. Better than doing nothing, don't you think?? Better than just calling it retarded....

This is why I refuse to have children until I can afford to homeschool them.

Do I think berating someone over something that they had absolutely nothing to do with is better than doing nothing? No, I really don't.

Just because posters berate posters on DP all the time (a/k/a your post) doesn't mean that's normal communication, MD. In fact, NOT. My email didn't berated anyone, MD. It asked for her good-ole-boy intervention in a bad decision.

Do I think berating someone over something that they had absolutely nothing to do with is better than doing nothing? No, I really don't.

The mayor of course will have influence on the school board dont you think,

So you attribute this to an entire state? How bigoted of you.

The school is idiotic. however unless you can demonstrate a pattern of this sort of thing due to the fact they are "Texans", your bigotry takes away from your thread, again.

So you attribute this to an entire state? How bigoted of you.

The school is idiotic. however unless you can demonstrate a pattern of this sort of thing due to the fact they are "Texans", your bigotry takes away from your thread, again.

Well we all do have spurs that dingle, dangle, jangle.:lamo

Just because posters berate posters on DP all the time (a/k/a your post) doesn't mean that's normal communication, MD. In fact, NOT. My email didn't berated anyone, MD. It asked for her good-ole-boy intervention in a bad decision.

You think I'm berating you? lol. That certainly wasn't what happened.

I'm simply pointing out that the mayor of the town most likely had no control over what happened, and as such, is not the person you should be e-mailing. Not that you should be e-mailing anyone anyway. I'm sure that whoever you talked to is really interested in hearing the opinion of some random person off the internet. I bet you'll get some real results doing that.

You think I'm berating you? lol. That certainly wasn't what happened.

I'm simply pointing out that the mayor of the town most likely had no control over what happened, and as such, is not the person you should be e-mailing. Not that you should be e-mailing anyone anyway. I'm sure that whoever you talked to is really interested in hearing the opinion of some random person off the internet. I bet you'll get some real results doing that.

I email all the time. Maybe it's a waste of time. Maybe it isn't.

Not that this rises to "evil," but I subscribe to this:

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.
Edmund Burke

So I try to do something.

Last email I sent about the news was to the Iranian Embassy in Canada.

And I bet MD would be the first to complain when something bad happens.

Hey MD, at least Maggie is doing SOMETHING about it, what have you done, hmmm?????

Back
Top Bottom