• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Suspected Shooter in Normandale Park Mass Shooting Identified

CaughtInThe

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed

“He talked about wanting to go shoot commies and antifa all the friggin‘ time,” Christenson told OPB. “He was just a sad angry dude. … He talked about wanting to do this for a while. He was angry at the mask mandates, he was angry at the damned liberals.”

Benjamin Smith aka Polybun: Accused Portland Mass Shooter | Heavy.com

Not sure I would take much as truth from a blog in a crap newspaper.

Ever think of Googleing it yourself? There's lots of reports, must be at least 1 you approve of.

From the article: "Police shared his name in a Tuesday morning press release." - (emphasis mine)

I guess the police are no longer a reliable source for information on a criminal investigation, eh? Who do you listen to?

“He talked about wanting to go shoot commies and antifa all the friggin‘ time,” Christenson told OPB. “He was just a sad angry dude. … He talked about wanting to do this for a while. He was angry at the mask mandates, he was angry at the damned liberals.”

He was angry. Well then it's all understandable and ok. Is this what we want running america, people like this who are angry all the time and blaming others (liberals) for their problems?

yeah, we probably should take the word of the police or his roommate.

"Smith’s roommate, Kristine Christenson, told OPB that when she first moved into his apartment seven years ago, he let her stay there for free.

“When I first moved in, he seemed fine,” she said. “He was actually not that bad of a guy.”

She said Smith slowly became more radicalized starting in the later years of the Obama administration and accelerating during the Trump administration. At times, she heard him yelling racial slurs in his room and deriding women.

“As the years went on, he’s just gotten more and more radicalized. He got angrier and angrier,” Christenson told OPB. “I have not been comfortable living with him for a while. I did not feel safe with him, especially this last two years with the whole COVID thing. I think that made him even more angry.”

"Witnesses to the Saturday shooting said people attempted to deescalate the situation when Smith allegedly pulled out a handgun and fired into the crowd, killing Brandy “June” Knightly, 60, and injuring four others. Witnesses said a protester returned fire, hitting Smith, who is in critical condition according to the Oregonian/OregonLive."

here's the woman he gunned down...

Brandy “June” Knightly

Cops ID alleged gunman at Portland protest as Benjamin J. Smith

A conservative, gun-toting, trump-loving, whack-job?

Whoda thunkit?

Another America hating piece of trash who seemingly went from relatively normal to radicalized and hating his fellow Americans after being indoctrinated by Trump and his followers.

from the article:

Someone in the protest group allegedly returned fire, striking Smith. That person has not been identified. According to the Portland Police Bureau (PPB), Smith remains in the hospital "in serious condition."

This is why the left needs to spend more time at the range.

Commies, huh? Where have I heard that before?

Well hopefully they get this nutter off the streets.

Well hopefully they get this butter off the streets.
I bet all of us know at least one person, many times family members, who sit in front of the boob tube or radio and suck up all of the hate that this guy this guy seemed to have.

And I don't think there's a whole lot we can do about them. Even the family members.

Depends on which poster's posts you're referring to.
Yeah, there are specific people who constantly talk about commies. They most definitely contribute to the problem.

But it's not just here. A bunch of those Republican social media sites harp on it too.

Back
Top Bottom