• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Susan Rice takes heat for past claims on Syria chemical weapons purge

SgtRock

Cancel Cancel Culture and Woke Supremacy
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
Fox News April 7, 2017
During an interview this past January with National Public Radio, former National Security Adviser Rice touted the “success” in Syria, in striking a deal with Russia's help that resulted in the prior administration dropping the threat of military action.

“We were able to find a solution that didn’t necessitate the use of force that actually removed the chemical weapons that were known from Syria, in a way that the use of force would never have accomplished,” she boasted. “We were able to get the Syrian government to voluntarily and verifiably give up its chemical weapons.

Yet an other example of Susan Rice the former National security advisor to President Obama being less than truthful to the American people.

Susan Rice, Obama colleagues take heat for past claims on Syria chemical weapons purge | Fox News

She believed what she was told by the Russians? Locker up!

But...but...she can investigate anything she wants, without a warrant. Hell! That's her job!

So Russia lied to Rice (maybe, we really aren't working with a lot of hard facts here), so Republicans blame Rice and not the Russians.

Why do I detect a certain, ongoing pattern these days?

It's possible to be wrong without being a liar.

It is possible just don't see this as one of those cases. I think it's far more likely that Rice was putting Obama's and her legacy above the truth, the typical political move

It's possible to be wrong without being a liar.

No...being mistaken and lying are synonymous, according to the Left. That's the standard they've pushed for decades.

So Russia lied to Rice (maybe, we really aren't working with a lot of hard facts here), so Republicans blame Rice and not the Russians.

I don't like Rice, and think what she did with the unmasking and the "it was a video" crap were awful...

HOWEVER, on this one I don't think she should be blamed. I think she was correct and told the truth. From what I've seen, Syria had much of Saddam's chemical weapons stockpile with Libya and others having the rest. I've also seen more than enough evidence to support that what the Russians told the Obama Administration was accurate and verified by our IC. What I think happened is that Syria replenished it's stockpiles od chemical weapons since they destroyed the old materials they got from Saddam. I don't blame Rice for this, and to do so by the right is a dangerous step because when this is proven wrong it lessens any attempts to call for her to be held accountable for what she actually has done.

Welcome back BTW.

No. No. No.
We had a Russian reset under #44. #43 was just not dealing with that country properly.
Wannabe #45 expressed an opinion to #44 that Russia would present the USA with its greatest strategic challenge. #44 ridiculed the idea.

The continued existence of chemical weapons in Syria represents the continued failure of the Obama Admin.

The question now, is Russia complicit or incompetent? Did they permit it, or not see it happen under their noses?

I don't like Rice, and think what she did with the unmasking and the "it was a video" crap were awful...

Why?

HOWEVER, on this one I don't think she should be blamed. I think she was correct and told the truth. From what I've seen, Syria had much of Saddam's chemical weapons stockpile with Libya and others having the rest. I've also seen more than enough evidence to support that what the Russians told the Obama Administration was accurate and verified by our IC. What I think happened is that Syria replenished it's stockpiles od chemical weapons since they destroyed the old materials they got from Saddam. I don't blame Rice for this, and to do so by the right is a dangerous step because when this is proven wrong it lessens any attempts to call for her to be held accountable for what she actually has done.

Well I couldn't say one way or the other. A lot of news and tweets have been coming out, but I haven't seen anything to suggest where Assad got that gas.

Welcome back BTW.

Thanks, I got a great tan.

No. No. No.
We had a Russian reset under #44. #43 was just not dealing with that country properly.
Wannabe #45 expressed an opinion to #44 that Russia would present the USA with its greatest strategic challenge. #44 ridiculed the idea.

The continued existence of chemical weapons in Syria represents the continued failure of the Obama Admin.

I'll hold off on any kind of conclusion until we know something. Unless you're referring to a respectable news source (and you might be), I haven't seen any hard facts on this matter. But I've seen plenty of speculation.

The prodigal son has returned.

Maybe if she spent more time doing her job and investigating national security issues and less time investigating Donald Trump, she would have found out the truth.

Rice was responsible for the deal

She let America get snookered

Another piece of the puzzle that is Obama's legacy of failure

The question now, is Russia complicit or incompetent? Did they permit it, or not see it happen under their noses?

That is the REAL question here and making it about Rice is nothing but another diversion to protect Putin.

Trump forewarned the Russians and they in turn warned the Syrians so by the time the missiles landed ...the airport was emptied and the only thing that got damaged was few empty hangers. But hey, it looked good on TV.

Welcome back BTW.

Who did Rice unmask?

No. No. No.

It looks more like Russia lied and didn't fulfill it's end of the agreement.

Back
Top Bottom