• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Survivors emerge from rubble of Mariupol theater bombed by Russia

NWRatCon

Eco**Social Marketeer
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Other

Survivors emerge from rubble of Mariupol theater bombed by Russia (CNN)​

People sheltering in a theater in the Ukrainian city of Mariupol are emerging from the building after it was bombed, the former head of the Donetsk region said Thursday.
Hundreds of people were thought to have taken shelter in the theater amid the ongoing Russian siege of Mariupol. Hundreds of thousands of people are trapped in the coastal city and as many as 2,500 civilians have died in Mariupol, Ukrainian officials estimate.
"After an awful night of not knowing, we finally have good news from Mariupol on the morning of the 22nd day of the war. The bomb shelter [of the theatre] was able to hold. The rubble is beginning to be cleared. People are coming out alive," the former Donetsk region head Sergei Taruta wrote in a Facebook post Thursday.
It was not yet clear whether all those who sheltered in the theater had survived. Ukrainian officials said 1,200 women and children were sheltering in the building when it was hit on Wednesday.

So far.... good news!

How can Russian pilots purposefully bomb residential areas? Have they no families themselves?

People sheltering in a theater in the Ukrainian city of Mariupol are emerging from the building after it was bombed, the former head of the Donetsk region said Thursday.
Hundreds of people were thought to have taken shelter in the theater amid the ongoing Russian siege of Mariupol. Hundreds of thousands of people are trapped in the coastal city and as many as 2,500 civilians have died in Mariupol, Ukrainian officials estimate.
"After an awful night of not knowing, we finally have good news from Mariupol on the morning of the 22nd day of the war. The bomb shelter [of the theatre] was able to hold. The rubble is beginning to be cleared. People are coming out alive," the former Donetsk region head Sergei Taruta wrote in a Facebook post Thursday.
It was not yet clear whether all those who sheltered in the theater had survived. Ukrainian officials said 1,200 women and children were sheltering in the building when it was hit on Wednesday.

Putin the evil madman.

Why are survivors a good thing? Aren't we allowing the uncontested bombing of civilian targets as a means to dishearten the Ukrainians and get them to push for capitulation to Putin and thus safety for the rest of the world? Near as I can tell we've only been offering token support and useless sanctions so it looks like we're "doing something" but the reality is that we WANT Ukrainians to die and give up so that we don't have to get further involved or provoke Putin into using nukes. Ukrainians, as I understand it, are supposed to be the sacrificial lamb for the rest of the world and their resistance just shows how unwilling they are to take that hit for the team!!

Why are survivors a good thing? Aren't we allowing the uncontested bombing of civilian targets as a means to dishearten the Ukrainians and get them to push for capitulation to Putin and thus safety for the rest of the world? Near as I can tell we've only been offering token support and useless sanctions so it looks like we're "doing something" but the reality is that we WANT Ukrainians to die and give up so that we don't have to get further involved or provoke Putin into using nukes. Ukrainians, as I understand it, are supposed to be the sacrificial lamb for the rest of the world and their resistance just shows how unwilling they are to take that hit for the team!!

Obviously not content to be a Trump shill, you're also developing into a Putin propagandist.

So far.... good news!

How can Russian pilots purposefully bomb residential areas? Have they no families themselves?
This is worse than that. At least 3 attacks yesterday were directed at identified shelters. Like the attacks on hospitals, fleeing civilians and journalists, these are intended as a terror campaign. This is WWI-II tactics, hoping for capitulation and subjugation rather than military success.

Obviously not content to be a Trump shill, you're also developing into a Putin propagandist.
I'm a Putin propagandist? Right. Bro, all I'm doing here is laying out the path this administration and most of the free world has chosen when it comes to Ukraine. Y'all don't like to say it but what I spelled out is EXACTLY what's happening.

I'm a Putin propagandist? Right. Bro, all I'm doing here is laying out the path this administration and most of the free world has chosen when it comes to Ukraine. Y'all don't like to say it but what I spelled out is EXACTLY what's happening.
Ukraine did not want to become a vassal state of Putin’s Russia. They are now paying the price, but the blood of every single Ukranian and Russian in that war is on the hands of one man and only one man. Period.

That's awesome!!!!!!

We must be the arsenal of democracy as long as Ukraine has fight left.

Ukraine did not want to become a vassal state of Putin’s Russia. They are now paying the price, but the blood of every single Ukranian and Russian in that war is on the hands of one man and only one man. Period.
Yeah. It's totally convenient that we can all sit around and say, "He did it!" while also sitting around with our thumbs up our asses saying, "It's really not our problem".

Yeah. It's totally convenient that we can all sit around and say, "He did it!" while also sitting around with our thumbs up our asses saying, "It's really not our problem".
Tell the truth. You lay around on the couch and watch Fox all day don't you?

Yeah. It’s totslly convenient to try to blame others when one and only one man is responsible for the death and destruction now occurring in Ukraine, whether you care to admit it or not.

Yeah. It’s totslly convenient to try to blame others when one and only one man is responsible for the death and destruction now occurring in Ukraine, whether you care to admit it or not.
There is a VAST difference between assigning blame and fixing the problem. You can blame your neighbor, for example, for letting their yard go and screwing up the way the neighborhood looks but if they can't take care of their own yard for some reason such as medical problems then if you want their yard fixed you pitch in and help fix it for them.

There is a VAST difference between assigning blame and fixing the problem. You can blame your neighbor, for example, for letting their yard go and screwing up the way the neighborhood looks but if they can't take care of their own yard for some reason such as medical problems then if you want their yard fixed you pitch in and help fix it for them.

First let’s talk blame. There is on and only one person responsible for the death and destruction in Ukraine. Period. Now that’s out of the way, you can tell us specifically how we can “pitch in and help fix it for them”.

First let’s talk blame. There is on and only one person responsible for the death and destruction in Ukraine. Period. Now that’s out of the way, you can tell us specifically how we can “pitch in and help fix it for them”.
They’re taking foreign volunteers. You can contact their embassy for details. When are you shipping out?

They’re taking foreign volunteers. You can contact their embassy for details. When are you shipping out?
Yes, this is what we always expect from you, pure nastiness rather than actual debate. No surprised there.

Help them fix it, not fix it for them.

As I have said over and over and over, we (as in any willing nations, not limited to just the US) need to go in and help repair and secure airfields as well a provide a safe air corridor for supply and evacuation. We don't need to engage Russians but we damned well reserve the right to defend ourselves if attacked.. Doing that will provide the Ukrainians with a little bit more manpower so that they can secure their own bases for military operations.

We need to provide material support to Ukraine in the form of air defense platforms including serviceable fighter aircraft and anti-tank munitions. None of these things can reasonably be considered "offensive weaponry" as long as Ukraine only uses them on the forces that are attacking them.

It would be a REALLY good idea to block ALL Russian traffic at the Aegean entrance to the Dardanelles and at the Gulf of Finland. If we're going to impose economic sanctions on Putin then we need to do so in a meaningful way.

Help them fix it, not fix it for them.

As I have said over and over and over, we (as in any willing nations, not limited to just the US) need to go in and help repair and secure airfields as well a provide a safe air corridor for supply and evacuation. We don't need to engage Russians but we damned well reserve the right to defend ourselves if attacked.. Doing that will provide the Ukrainians with a little bit more manpower so that they can secure their own bases for military operations.

We need to provide material support to Ukraine in the form of air defense platforms including serviceable fighter aircraft and anti-tank munitions. None of these things can reasonably be considered "offensive weaponry" as long as Ukraine only uses them on the forces that are attacking them.

It would be a REALLY good idea to block ALL Russian traffic at the Aegean entrance to the Dardanelles and at the Gulf of Finland. If we're going to impose economic sanctions on Putin then we need to do so in a meaningful way.

Interesting. Would any of this lead to WW3?

Yes, this is what we always expect from you, pure nastiness rather than actual debate. No surprised there.
You asked and I told you. You have no business coming in here and bashing people who don’t agree with you when you don’t even have the courage to back up your words with actions. Zelensky wants foreign volunteers to fight for his country. That is what you can do. Or you can lump it.

You asked and I told you. You have no business coming in here and bashing people who don’t agree with you when you don’t even have the courage to back up your words with actions. Zelensky wants foreign volunteers to fight for his country. That is what you can do. Or you can lump it.

Thank you for so quickly proving my post #20. I knew that you would! It’s what you always do

Back
Top Bottom