• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Survivors emerge from rubble of Mariupol theater bombed by Russia

Survivors emerge from rubble of Mariupol theater bombed by Russia (CNN)​

People sheltering in a theater in the Ukrainian city of Mariupol are emerging from the building after it was bombed, the former head of the Donetsk region said Thursday.
Hundreds of people were thought to have taken shelter in the theater amid the ongoing Russian siege of Mariupol. Hundreds of thousands of people are trapped in the coastal city and as many as 2,500 civilians have died in Mariupol, Ukrainian officials estimate.
"After an awful night of not knowing, we finally have good news from Mariupol on the morning of the 22nd day of the war. The bomb shelter [of the theatre] was able to hold. The rubble is beginning to be cleared. People are coming out alive," the former Donetsk region head Sergei Taruta wrote in a Facebook post Thursday.
It was not yet clear whether all those who sheltered in the theater had survived. Ukrainian officials said 1,200 women and children were sheltering in the building when it was hit on Wednesday.

The thing that makes this a war crime is this:

It was a refuge for women and children.
The Russians KNEW it was a refuge for women and children.
There was absolutely NO tactical or strategic value in this target.
The building was labeled so it could be seen from the air as a refuge for children.

There is no "I was only following orders" to protect the inhuman beasts that are the Russian soldier.

They knew what they were doing and we can only imagine that they like doing it.

Not any more there isn't.

They support Putin right out in the open now.
Show me one ****ing post where I supported Putin.

This whole process of creating a false narrative and then tag teaming the promotion of it is turning out to be quite the thing with Democrats since 2016. Why is it that Democrats consistently choose propaganda over fact?

Show me one ****ing post where I supported Putin.

This whole process of creating a false narrative and then tag teaming the promotion of it is turning out to be quite the thing with Democrats since 2016. Why is it that Democrats consistently choose propaganda over fact?

Better yet, show us a post of yours where you support Ukraine and condemn Putin's invasion.

closer-view-of-mariupol-theater_before-bombing_word_children-on-pavement_14march2022_wv2_custom-2f763d8696d16853347a7e510af49a96dea9d340-s800-c85.webp

In the picture above, the building with the red roof is the theater in Mariupol before the Russian strike.

It is clear that this is not a military target. There are even civilians in the parking lot going from vans into the theater/shelter.

Better yet, show us a post of yours where you support Ukraine and condemn Putin's invasion.
More propaganda. You made the accusation now come up with the support. I haven't exactly been silent on the matter so it shouldn't be too hard a task.

More propaganda. You made the accusation now come up with the support. I haven't exactly been silent on the matter so it shouldn't be too hard a task.

Can't do it then. Alright.

closer-view-of-mariupol-theater_before-bombing_word_children-on-pavement_14march2022_wv2_custom-2f763d8696d16853347a7e510af49a96dea9d340-s800-c85.webp

In the picture above, the building with the red roof is the theater in Mariupol before the Russian strike.

It is clear that this is not a military target. There are even civilians in the parking lot going from vans into the theater/shelter.

This is what Putin is all about.

Does anybody still think that trump's genius looks like a genius?

I neglected to include that the letters on the theater pavement on both ends says "Children"

Obviously not content to be a Trump shill, you're also developing into a Putin propagandist.

If that is what you inferred from the post to which you responded, you REALLY need to re-read that post.

The latest report indicates that about 100 survivors have been rescued, but as many as 1300 remain trapped under the rubble.

We must be the arsenal of democracy as long as Ukraine has fight left.

The nuclear arsenal of regime change is more fitting.

The latest report indicates that about 100 survivors have been rescued, but as many as 1300 remain trapped under the rubble.

The world community watches the brutal beating and rape of Ukraine by the war criminals from Russia.

As with the quarantined city depicted in the "The Plague" by Albert Camus, the world says, "We are with you".

And like them, the residents being attacked and killed must be observing that our support is too little and too distant.

And like them, the residents being attacked and killed must be observing that our support is too little and too distant.

With Rusia holding "air dominance", it's a miracle that weapons and essentials are getting into Ukraine at all.

The Pentagon isn't saying how it is being done and that's good. Loose lips sink ships.

With Rusia holding "air dominance", it's a miracle that weapons and essentials are getting into Ukraine at all.

The Pentagon isn't saying how it is being done and that's good. Loose lips sink ships.

Why did you amputate a shred of a thought and present it as if it was a whole thought?

Russia has bombed an art school in Mariupol that was sheltering 400.

Why are survivors a good thing? Aren't we allowing the uncontested bombing of civilian targets as a means to dishearten the Ukrainians and get them to push for capitulation to Putin and thus safety for the rest of the world? Near as I can tell we've only been offering token support and useless sanctions so it looks like we're "doing something" but the reality is that we WANT Ukrainians to die and give up so that we don't have to get further involved or provoke Putin into using nukes. Ukrainians, as I understand it, are supposed to be the sacrificial lamb for the rest of the world and their resistance just shows how unwilling they are to take that hit for the team!!
Where do you come up with this fantasy bullshit? Is this a big Freudian slip?

I believe he thinks it is clever satire.

He's more clever than everyone else. Didn't ya know?

I believe he thinks it is clever satire.

He's more clever than everyone else. Didn't ya know?
It's FAR from satire. It's pretty much the only way to view possible reasons that we're allowing these atrocities when COULD be providing actual, material, meaningful support. It's been this way all along too. We have effectively allowed Russia to dictate Ukrainian politics since the 1990s and then, after 2014, chosen a path of avoidance rather than of support for Ukraine.

We have effectively allowed Russia to dictate Ukrainian politics since the 1990s and then, after 2014......

It's apparant that you know relatively nothing of Ukrainian politics. 3 of the first 4 presidents post independence (1991) were pro-Russia - Leonid Kravchuk, Leonid Kuchma, Viktor Yanukovych, and 1 was an Independent - Viktor Yushchenko (who was a member of the Communist Party up until 1991).

...chosen a path of avoidance rather than of support for Ukraine.

Ukraine did not turn towards the West until the end of the Euromaidan revolution in early 2014 and the May 25 election of Petro Poroshenko as president, a member of the new European Solidarity Party.

I lived in Ukraine for 5 years. You better have your factual ducks in a row if you engage me on this subject.

Back
Top Bottom