• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Surveillance video shows bags of USPS mail being dumped in Glendale spa parking lot

VySky

Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Moderate
KTLA 5 in LA. Yea, mail in voting is safe..lol

------------------------
Piles of mail were found in two separate locations in Glendale Thursday morning, including one incident where a rented truck was captured on surveillance video dumping bags of unopened letters and packages in the parking lot of a business.

The first incident was reported at 7:30 a.m., in the 1000 block of Allen Avenue, according to Glendale Police Department Sgt. Christian Hauptmann.

Roughly two hours later, police received another call regarding dumped mail, this time behind a business in the 1600 block of Glenoaks Boulevard, according to Hauptmann.

It was the second reported incident — outside 7Q Spa Laser & Aesthetics — where surveillance video captured the moment a rented truck dumped bags of unopened mail and took off.

“It happened early in the morning, 5:40, and it was a Budget rental — big truck — that backed up to the parking lot. And they’re like, slowly, one by one, they’re dropping the packages,” Lilia Serobian, one of the medical spa’s owners, told KTLA.

She said the “huge pile” contained various size of packages — all of it U.S. mail.

Surveillance video shows bags of USPS mail being dumped in Glendale spa parking lot | KTLA

------------------------
Piles of mail were found in two separate locations in Glendale Thursday morning, including one incident where a rented truck was captured on surveillance video dumping bags of unopened letters and packages in the parking lot of a business.

The first incident was reported at 7:30 a.m., in the 1000 block of Allen Avenue, according to Glendale Police Department Sgt. Christian Hauptmann.

Roughly two hours later, police received another call regarding dumped mail, this time behind a business in the 1600 block of Glenoaks Boulevard, according to Hauptmann.

It was the second reported incident — outside 7Q Spa Laser & Aesthetics — where surveillance video captured the moment a rented truck dumped bags of unopened mail and took off.

“It happened early in the morning, 5:40, and it was a Budget rental — big truck — that backed up to the parking lot. And they’re like, slowly, one by one, they’re dropping the packages,” Lilia Serobian, one of the medical spa’s owners, told KTLA.

She said the “huge pile” contained various size of packages — all of it U.S. mail.

Surveillance video shows bags of USPS mail being dumped in Glendale spa parking lot | KTLA

So I assume we can expect Trump to show up in person to vote. I read the article. Seems like the USPS is on it.

Last edited:

------------------------

I suspect they will catch them, should be able to trace things.

So I assume we can expect Trump to show up in person to vote.

as usual nothing to do with the thread.
deflection noted and dismissed.

The fact that the mail service is doing this leads to bigger question as to how safe voting by mail actually is.

I suspect they will catch them, should be able to trace things.

I'll go out on a limb it was a disgruntled employee false flagging to make it look like a Trump supporter setting up the Democrats on the evils of blanket mail in ballots

Looks like Trump’s buddy Louis DeJoy has some work to do.

Wow. We are watching a once great nation going down the tubes.

For years they have been unable to hold fair elections where all of their citizens have an equal opportunity to vote. They have proven to be one of the worst Countries in the world at handling COVID-19. And now, after being a country for almost 250 years, they are unable to handle their own mail.

The U.S. is a broken country and there is no will among it's people to try to fix it. Back in the seventies and eighties, the country had lots of problems, but then the main battles were over how best to fix them. Now the main battles are over who should take the blame for the decline. It is awful to watch.

as usual nothing to do with the thread.
deflection noted and dismissed.

The fact that the mail service is doing this leads to bigger question as to how safe voting by mail actually is.

How safe is voting in person?

If we were to speculate, who many people could die from Covid-19 from voting in person vs. How people could die from voting by mail?

I don't think anyone would suggest that voting by mail would be 100% efficient and flawless. But, I think 99.75 percent efficient should be acceptable enough, all things considered.

I am reminded of my mother telling me, "Boy! Stop making a mountain out of a molehill."

Thank you for the memory.

Guys were probably on time and a half lol

Wow. We are watching a once great nation going down the tubes.

For years they have been unable to hold fair elections where all of their citizens have an equal opportunity to vote. They have proven to be one of the worst Countries in the world at handling COVID-19. And now, after being a country for almost 250 years, they are unable to handle their own mail.

The U.S. is a broken country and there is no will among it's people to try to fix it. Back in the seventies and eighties, the country had lots of problems, but then the main battles were over how best to fix them. Now the main battles are over who should take the blame for the decline. It is awful to watch.

No the main battles are "who hid the goddamn TV remote. It's sad.

How safe is voting in person?

If we were to speculate, who many people could die from Covid-19 from voting in person vs. How people could die from voting by mail?

I don't think anyone would suggest that voting by mail would be 100% efficient and flawless. But, I think 99.75 percent efficient should be acceptable enough, all things considered.

I am reminded of my mother telling me, "Boy! Stop making a mountain out of a molehill."

Thank you for the memory.

I have no issues voting in person.
why do you?

6 ft apart with a mask and people using hand sanitzer (not the stuff that will kill you anyway)
and if the booths are wiped down after every person there shouldn't be an issue.

Yep you guys make mountains out of molehills.

------------------------

Did you see any evidence in the video that directly connects the mail/parcels being dumped with USPS? Not a USPS vehicle and person seen in video not wearing a USPS uniform.

USPS has “last mile” delivery contracts with other shippers including UPS and Fedex, both of which frequently use rental trucks. Also, many large businesses send reps to their local PO to pick up their mail.

No doubt, there are several examples of USPS employees dumping mail over the years, and it’s possible this may be another incident, but it doesn’t look like it.

As for mail-in ballots, they are separated from other first class mail at each station at the end of the day and sent to the processing center. So, the incident above, regardless of who did it, isn’t an excuse for you to say “see, we told you so”.

Universal vote by mail will inflate Biden votes as much as covid deaths.

Did you see any evidence in the video that directly connects the mail/parcels being dumped with USPS? Not a USPS vehicle and person seen in video not wearing a USPS uniform.

USPS has “last mile” delivery contracts with other shippers including UPS and Fedex, both of which frequently use rental trucks. Also, many large businesses send reps to their local PO to pick up their mail.

No doubt, there are several examples of USPS employees dumping mail over the years, and it’s possible this may be another incident, but it doesn’t look like it.

As for mail-in ballots, they are separated from other first class mail at each station at the end of the day and sent to the processing center. So, the incident above, regardless of who did it, isn’t an excuse for you to say “see, we told you so”.

If one is serious about having their vote counted they need to mask up, and get on down to the pollls

Or, request an absentee ballot

------------------------

Republicans? Yeah sounds right.....

If one is serious about having their vote counted they need to mask up, and get on down to the pollls

Plan on it, Early Voting, don't want no mail in ballot not counted because someone has an agenda.

I'll go out on a limb it was a disgruntled employee false flagging to make it look like a Trump supporter setting up the Democrats on the evils of blanket mail in ballots
Not likely, as I’ve already explained. And “false flags” are a far/alt right thing.

What is the functional, practical difference between absentee voting and mail-in voting?

One is requested, the other is not

I have no issues voting in person.
why do you?

6 ft apart with a mask and people using hand sanitzer (not the stuff that will kill you anyway)
and if the booths are wiped down after every person there shouldn't be an issue.

Yep you guys make mountains out of molehills.

How long do you think the lines and waits will be under those rules? Especially as the GOP does everything it can to defund the election system and shut down as many polling places in urban areas?

You started the thread attempting to spread distrust of mail-in voting, and now you’re recommending it.

Do you even have a point?

Back
Top Bottom