• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Surprise, surprise, Trump judge acquits January 6th defendant!!!

Jan 6 was the worse thing evahhhh-- democracy almost died-- the fascists are on the march.

An acquittal doesn't fit the political narrative.
Lol I laughed hard when I saw this meme
awzOoQ1_700b.jpg

I think the majority of people agree with the cat and because of this as well as a few other things it's probably going to cost them in November.

Most leftists are out of touch and surrounded by leftists so they think like 90% of the country is not ranged over January 6th they don't realize like 95% of us don't give a shit.

Jan 6 was the worse thing evahhhh-- democracy almost died-- the fascists are on the march.

I'm reminded of that thing Napoleon said...
"Never interrupt your enemy when they are making a mistake"

:ROFLMAO: LOL. Yeah, you go with that, regardless of what the facts the court cases result in.
Fact less, as always, at least you are consistent there. <Hat Tip>
I think we always knew there would be one or two Trump judges who would be lenient with insurrectionists. Those cases are outliers luckily for the defendants. For the most part, all judges are doing their jobs. There are always political hacks in any agency of our government.

This judge reminds me of the judge in the Rittenhouse trial. Totally outrageous.

I think we always knew there would be one or two Trump judges who would be lenient with insurrectionists. Those cases are outliers luckily for the defendants. For the most part, all judges are doing their jobs. There are always political hacks in any agency of our government.

This judge reminds me of the judge in the Rittenhouse trial. Totally outrageous.

Well, the police let him in and there was no claim that he was riotous-- destroyed property, injured people and so forth.
one would hope that even an Obama judge would have ruled the same way.

They were there to "stop the steal"- IOW, disrupt the US government's normal functioning.

If not insurrection, what would you call it?

A Trump appointed judge acquits a defendant who entered the capital building on January 6th, there is a picture of him in the building, of all charges. This should surprise no one as this is the reason that the Federalist and Trump appointed these judges. The judge's excuse was that the defendant said he did not know he could not enter the building and that the government did not prove he knew it violated the law. First, as anyone with a brain knows, it is impossible to prove a negative, but even more, the police trying to keep you out might just be a sign that it is not legal to enter. I am sure all of the January 6th defendants will be lining up to get with this judge and receive their get out of jail free cards. Sometimes I wonder what this country is coming to, and then I see the right wing bringing on autocratic rules and shudder.
One big fat spin.... List why the judge made the decision he did.

Just another kegger gone wrong.
I just don't know why there aren't uprisings all over the country. Maybe there will be... *wink*, *wink*.

As it stood one year after the domestic terrorism occurred more than 725 people have been arrested in connection with the Capitol riot. At least 165 have pleaded guilty — 145 of them to misdemeanors and the rest to felonies.

Approximately 70 have been sentenced — around 30 received prison time and the others got probation.

The charges defendants have faced in the riot cases range from misdemeanors to felonies like assaulting a police officer with a deadly weapon.

Bottom line, investigators still have a long way to go to hold everyone to account.

IMO its been prosecutors not judges treating this scum with to much leniency.

No- it was not just a riot as an expression of anger/frustration/grief, like say, the Oregon riots. There was an a very specific purpose and intention to it- to accomplish something illegal.

The law calls that insurrection.

Now this is extremely interesting. The irony is delightful.

The Insider reports, "Mark Meadows, the former North Carolina congressman and chief of staff to President Donald Trump, was removed from North Carolina's voter rolls on Monday by local election officials amid uncertainty about his residency in the state, North Carolina news outlet WRAL first reported.

"Democratic State Attorney General Josh Stein launched an investigation into Meadows' voter registration following reports that Meadows was registered to vote in 2020 from a mobile home in Scaly Mountain. Meadows didn't live at the mobile home."

"Macon County administratively removed the voter registration of Mark Meadows under [state law] as he lived in Virginia and last voted in the 2021 election there," said Pat Gannon, a spokesman for the North Carolina elections board.

"In September 2020, just six weeks before the election, Meadows listed the mobile home as his primary place of residence and registered to vote there, despite the home's former owner telling the New Yorker that the former congressman "never spent a night in there.'"

If true, that would mean Meadows may have committed voter fraud under North Carolina law. Trump was right, after all. There was voter fraud in the 2020 election.

Sorry, I just had to say it.

Meanwhile Liz Cheney is breaking records raising money for her reelection.

ABC reports, "Congresswoman Liz Cheney raised almost $3 million in campaign contributions over the first three months of the midterm election year, continuing her record-breaking fundraising streak as she attempts to defend her seat against a Trump-backed challenger.

"The third-term Wyoming Republican began April with $6.8 million cash on-hand, while her opponent Harriet Hageman began the final four-month stretch leading up to Wyoming's Aug. 16 Republican primary with more than $1 million in her campaign coffers.

"Cheney's unrelenting criticism of former President Donald Trump and statements blaming him for the violence at the U.S. Capitol on Jan. 6 have transformed the race for the state's lone U.S. House seat into one of the most closely watched contests of the 2022 midterms."

Sometimes I wonder what this country is coming to, and then I see the right wing bringing on autocratic rules and shudder.
No need to wonder at all as the vilest and most autocratic president ever is in office right now. Shuddering during the remainder of the Biden presidency is understandable though.

Mandatory vax; ignores SCOTUS rulings to the point of admitting on live TV "it's probably unconstitutional, but..." - referring to his order to the CDC director to extend the expiring "no eviction" policy last summer 2021 after SCOTUS said NO.

Biden should have been impeached, convicted, and thrown the hell out of office; the CDC director should have been indicted and prosecuted as breaking federal law is a crime. The excuse "my boss ordered me to do it" didn't fly for the defendants that committed heinous crimes during WWII nor should it be for perps in 2021 either.

The only problem in my logic is that if Biden were to be removed, the American people would then be subject to suffering of immense proportions as Harris is even more unfit to be president than Biden currently is as his 1.33 years playing president has shown us.

No need to wonder at all as the vilest and most autocratic president ever is in office right now. Shuddering during the remainder of the Biden presidency is understandable though.

Mandatory vax; ignores SCOTUS rulings to the point of admitting on live TV "it's probably unconstitutional, but..." - referring to his order to the CDC director to extend the expiring "no eviction" policy last summer 2021 after SCOTUS said NO.

Biden should have been impeached, convicted, and thrown the hell out of office; the CDC director should have been indicted and prosecuted as breaking federal law is a crime. The excuse "my boss ordered me to do it" didn't fly for the defendants that committed heinous crimes during WWII nor should it be for perps in 2021 either.

The only problem in my logic is that if Biden were to be removed, the American people would then be subject to suffering of immense proportions as Harris is even more unfit to be president than Biden currently is as his 1.33 years playing president has shown us.
Wow, and this is what you respect and would rather have..

Trump and Putin.jpg

They "like Trump's policies". He sure knows who to sponsor for maximum damage effect.

Back
Top Bottom