• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Surprise, surprise, Trump judge acquits January 6th defendant!!!

Unless I'm mistaken, that's not possible. That would be double jeopardy. Once acquitted it's a done deal. Unless the prosecutor has new charges.
Unless I'm mistaken, that's not possible. That would be double jeopardy. Once acquitted it's a done deal. Unless the prosecutor has new charges.
As was stated " I would imagine the verdict will be appealed.... maybe a new charge will be introduced?"

He was surrounded by violent protestors in action.......... what did he think was happening? I would imagine the verdict will be appealed.... maybe a new charge will be introduced?

Conspiracy to over throw the USA........ people who join a protest usually know they are joining a protest and why they are joining a protest. I always know why I join a protest......if I did not know why I would not be actively involved the protest.

Protesting is patriotic .......

Being surrounded by violent people is not a conspiracy. Perhaps you should read what the judge said - see post #19.

As was stated " I would imagine the verdict will be appealed.... maybe a new charge will be introduced?"

Nope.

Civil Case​

Either side may appeal the verdict.

Criminal Case​

The defendant may appeal a guilty verdict, but the government may not appeal if a defendant is found not guilty. Either side in a criminal case may appeal with respect to the sentence that is imposed after a guilty verdict.

Bringing new charges for the same act(s) would be double jeopardy.

You can't close a public building if there are public proceeding going on inside. Not in a free country ruled by the consent of the governed.

Even if there is a public health pandemic. Sure, you can limit the number of people that can enter at one time, that's fair and reasonable, but you can't just close the building to the public while things that effect public law are going on inside.

Otherwise we are promoting secret proceedings.

This man had every right to enter his capitol while public proceedings were taking place inside, even tho he was told he could not, he had the right to peaceably protest the closure of his capitol to the public while such proceedings that effect public law were taking place inside.

There seemed to be no evidence that he did anything unlawful to get inside nor once he got there, and he had every right to be there.

Had a limited amount of the public been allowed into the Capitol at a time, even if they intended to use there voice to be disruptive of the proceedings( more peaceful protest and petitioning their government for regress of grievance ), that would be another matter, but they were not allowing any member of the general public into the Capitol while a great matter of public interests was being decided inside.

Was this mans grievances justified?

I don't think so, but that's not a the point, the point is he was within his rights, and if you are going to stand up for people's rights, you can't just stand up for them when you agree with what they have to say, you must stand up for people's rights when you disagree with them.(y)

This judge made the right ruling.🤠

You can't close a public building if there are public proceeding going on inside. Not in a free country ruled by the consent of the governed.

That's stupid nonsense. You can't walk into any proceeding you like whenever you like. That's a stupid fantasy world. That's the dumbest and most ignorant gaslight I've seen in a long time. That is prison quality bs.

Just more hyperpartisan idiocy tinged with rage.
That certainly explains your rant. Now if you could only obtain that education in basic civics you so desperately need. If you even had a remote clue you would know that there was absolutely nothing anyone could have done to make Trump President or stop Biden from being inaugurated January 20th. However, since you are clearly completely clueless you can't seem to grasp that reality. You feel compelled to demonstrate your inability to grasp how your own government functions. Now that is truly pathetic.

That's stupid nonsense. You can't walk into any proceeding you like whenever you like. That's a stupid fantasy world. That's the dumbest and most ignorant gaslight I've seen in a long time. That is prison quality bs.
As a matter of fact you can enter public proceedings of our government anytime you like, assuming there are not already too many people of the general public attending that the shear number of people in the room or the building may make it unsafe.

As a matter of fact you can enter public proceedings of our government anytime you like,

That's moronic prison-level bs. Seek total idiots or give up.

This guy wasn't violent. By all appearances he was prosecuted merely for the purpose of getting the number of people charged up to a figure that the commie liberals might swallow.
I will never swallow any number of people charged until all are caught, and the planners are held responsible also.

And just so you know, I am not a communist. I am a liberal and proud of it.

Appeals are possible, I think, but very rare requiring pretty clear proof of a problem. I suspect this is done.

That's moronic prison-level bs. Seek total idiots or give up.
You seem to have the mindset that we do not live in a free county, ruled by the Constitution and the consent of the governed. It's a very dangerous mindset and one I will fight to the end of my days, as you should also.

You seem to have the mindset that we do not live in a free county, ruled by the Constitution and the consent of the governed. It's a very dangerous mindset and one I will fight to the end of my days, as you should also.

You are employing gaslight of prison quality. Good luck with that.

A Trump appointed judge acquits a defendant who entered the capital building on January 6th, there is a picture of him in the building, of all charges. This should surprise no one as this is the reason that the Federalist and Trump appointed these judges. The judge's excuse was that the defendant said he did not know he could not enter the building and that the government did not prove he knew it violated the law. First, as anyone with a brain knows, it is impossible to prove a negative, but even more, the police trying to keep you out might just be a sign that it is not legal to enter. I am sure all of the January 6th defendants will be lining up to get with this judge and receive their get out of jail free cards. Sometimes I wonder what this country is coming to, and then I see the right wing bringing on autocratic rules and shudder.
Who the **** allows “knowing they broke the law” as an excuse? Lol!

Keep on Truthin'.
Why just think of it, allowing the people to see and hear what there lawmakers are doing!

What the world would come to should freedom ever break out.

Why just think of it, allowing the people to see and hear what there lawmakers are doing!

That's bonkers.

I kinda just want out of murica tbh.

As a matter of fact you can enter public proceedings of our government anytime you like, assuming there are not already too many people of the general public attending that the shear number of people in the room or the building may make it unsafe.
Um no. No you cant lol….

Tell you what. Waltz your happy ass into a USAF base without clearance and see what happens lol….

"Sure, I saw the blood and carnage. I saw the woman squashed and the cops bleeding. I heard the cops yelling for help over their radios and scrambling to find more secure locations. I heard the calls to hang Mike Pence and I done seen the gallows. But I done figured y'all were still open for tours."

The judge will be reprimanded.

Back
Top Bottom