• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Surprise! Donald Trump isn't putting his money where his mouth is on election 'fraud'

Allan

Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Liberal
It seems The Donald isn't very concerned about election fraud after all. Money he raised to investigate fraud and finance recounts has been spent on, you guessed it, himself.

"Former president Donald Trump's political PAC raised about $75 million in the first half of this year as he trumpeted the false notion that the 2020 election was stolen from him, but the group has not devoted funds to help finance the ongoing ballot review in Arizona or to push for similar endeavors in other states, according to people familiar with the finances.

"Instead, the Save America leadership PAC — which has few limits on how it can spend its money — has paid for some of the former president's travel, legal costs and staff, along with other expenses, according to the people, who spoke on the condition of anonymity to describe the group's inner workings. The PAC has held onto much of its cash."

Link

Grifters gonna grift.

I am questioning the legality of this activity. Is this another case of fraud?

It seems The Donald isn't very concerned about election fraud after all. Money he raised to investigate fraud and finance recounts has been spent on, you guessed it, himself.

Link

Grifters gonna grift.
Donald Trump is the gift that keeps on taking.

I think that this kind of fundraising leaves a lot of latitude in how the money is spent. So it's not legally fraud but it is unethical.

Accepting donations from fools is not illegal - so long as care is taken not to make any specific promises on how it would be used.

Mr. Donald Trump is highly skilled -- one can say talented -- in detecting emotionally-driven biases in people and using them for his own ends. Add to this a willingness to 'game' existing systems such as our legal structure and Bob's your uncle.

My fellow Americans who attend Mr. Trump's rallies and who contribute to his PAC's and his other slush funds are in the unfortunate position of having their own prejudices and beliefs used against them. They've been inoculated against introspection through the use of catch phrases such as 'fake news'.

From A Modern Dictionary, Fragmentary Press, 2016, Chelm, IA:

"Voter, n. pl. Dupes. One who gives his emotions permission to pilfer his purse."

Regards, stay safe 'n well.

One would think that after reading about this grifting, some trump supporters would consider that maybe, just maybe they have been conned by a pro. They won't.
I think it was Mark Twain who said "it is easier to fool a man, than to convince him he's been fooled" Goes for woman as well.

The PAC rapidly raised tens of millions of dollars. But, instead of spending some of that money on costly recount efforts in places like Arizona and Michigan, Trump has instead chose to use it for his own travel around the country as well as stockpile the vast majority of the funds as a way to retain his political power in the 2022 midterm election and, eventually, the 2024 presidential race.

Trumpers - GIVE NOW! Trump needs your $

Mr. Donald Trump is highly skilled -- one can say talented -- in detecting emotionally-driven biases in people and using them for his own ends. Add to this a willingness to 'game' existing systems such as our legal structure and Bob's your uncle.

My fellow Americans who attend Mr. Trump's rallies and who contribute to his PAC's and his other slush funds are in the unfortunate position of having their own prejudices and beliefs used against them. They've been inoculated against introspection through the use of catch phrases such as 'fake news'.

"Voter, n. pl. Dupes. One who gives his emotions permission to pilfer his purse."

Well done.
Never going to see a more accurate, succinct explanation of Trumpism.

Accepting donations from fools is not illegal - so long as care is taken not to make any specific promises on how it would be used.
He is just using the blueprint of evangelists like jim and Tammy fae, oral Roberts and Billy Graham just pure liars and crooks...

Like I have said before, who cares what he does with the money? If people are dumb enough to send him money, then they deserve to be ripped off.

Trump feeds their hate, which is their driving force. Everything else is less than secondary.

Well done.
Never going to see a more accurate, succinct explanation of Trumpism.

Hi, Buckeyes85!

Hootin' 'n hollerin' that Mr. Donald Trump and his Trumpies are idiots may allow some folks to let off steam, but it doesn't lead to anything further. Understanding the phenomenon of Mr. Donald Trump, his presidency and his continuing hold on Republican legislators and governors as well as his followers is the first step in reducing the damage to the nation.

As Alexander Pope had it, the proper study of mankind is man.

Last edited:
Trump feeds their hate, which is their driving force. Everything else is less than secondary.

Hi, element94!

I think of Mr. Trump's appeal as playing to a group of 'triggers', certainly including hate, but also including fear, ego and more.

Hi, element94!

I think of Mr. Trump's appeal as playing to a group of 'triggers', certainly including hate, but also including fear, ego and more.

They definitely hate what they fear, and their number one fear is becoming a minority in this country, even unto war!

Grifters gotta grift. If there was something Trump had some talent in it was making money meant for other things becoming meant for his pockets.

Trump is a little richer and the trumpanzees a little poorer, go figure. Maybe he'll use the money to start an online university to teach the skills of fundraising............ Oh, wait.

Grifters gotta grift. If there was something Trump had some talent in it was making money meant for other things becoming meant for his pockets.
Including the payroll taxes he failed to pay for at least 15 years. One way or another, the Trumps are going to be the cause of their own demise.

He is just using the blueprint of evangelists like jim and Tammy fae, oral Roberts and Billy Graham just pure liars and crooks...
Trump and the GOP are scamming the same conservative fools that the evangelists are. These people cannot see that they are the target for the televangelists, so they are a perfect mark for Trump and the GOP. Those people are emotionally driven and reject facts. That is also why most of them are not vaccinated.

No, likely not, as I understand he can do mostly anything he wants with the money.

BUT what is the group telling the donators?

Back
Top Bottom