• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

surfer thread

sawyerloggingon

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Where they have FOX on in bars and restaurants
Political Leaning
Independent
I don't expect this thread will go far but who knows. If you are an old surfer or a current surfer this would be the spot to talk about it. I live in Idaho and haven't surfed since I was in my teens but I still wear Hawaiian shirts and go barefoot in summer, you can take the boy off the beach but you can't take the beach off the boy.:lol: If I get this one question answered in this thread though I will be happy, if not I'll find some surfer forum because it has me baffled. In another thread I talked about a place in Baja called 49 k but when I goggled it all I could find was a place called 55k that I'm sure is the same spot. It was known for tubing in really big surf when the whole west coast just closed down. There was a guy on horseback that came around to collect 50 cents to camp on the flat area above the cliffs, he SAID it was his land. Any old timers remember this spot and what it was called then or any young guys that know if 49k is now somehow 55k or was it always 55k and I'm just remembering wrong .All I could find was this.

Surfing K-55, Baja
K-55 also called Campo Lopez or Rocky Point. K-55 is a well-known wave like K-38. K-55 has juicy barrels both right and left. There are a couple of reef breaks at the south end of the beach by the rocks. K-55 holds its shape on big swells can hold even at double overhead surf. Due to the development there it is hard to access this wave. K-55 Surf Break - Barrels Right And Left - Rosarito

I don't expect this thread will go far but who knows. If you are an old surfer or a current surfer this would be the spot to talk about it. I live in Idaho and haven't surfed since I was in my teens but I still wear Hawaiian shirts and go barefoot in summer, you can take the boy off the beach but you can't take the beach off the boy.:lol: If I get this one question answered in this thread though I will be happy, if not I'll find some surfer forum because it has me baffled. In another thread I talked about a place in Baja called 49 k but when I goggled it all I could find was a place called 55k that I'm sure is the same spot. It was known for tubing in really big surf when the whole west coast just closed down. There was a guy on horseback that came around to collect 50 cents to camp on the flat area above the cliffs, he SAID it was his land. Any old timers remember this spot and what it was called then or any young guys that know if 49k is now somehow 55k or was it always 55k and I'm just remembering wrong .All I could find was this.

Surfing K-55, Baja
K-55 also called Campo Lopez or Rocky Point. K-55 is a well-known wave like K-38. K-55 has juicy barrels both right and left. There are a couple of reef breaks at the south end of the beach by the rocks. K-55 holds its shape on big swells can hold even at double overhead surf. Due to the development there it is hard to access this wave. K-55 Surf Break - Barrels Right And Left - Rosarito

Sometimes you just have to be very assertive in order to surf your favorite spots. ;)

Back
Top Bottom