• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Surfer punches shark then catches wave

Slartibartfast

Jesus loves you.
Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Monthly Donator
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Liberal
Surfer punches shark then catches wave

A surfer fought off a large shark and then reportedly rode a wave to safety in Western Australia.
Michael Bedford was knocked off his board by the shark, believed to have been a great white, which then came back for a second charge, witnesses said.
But he punched the animal and then caught a passing wave to the shore, where friends used the board's rope as a tourniquet for bite wounds on his leg.
"He gave it a good whack he reckons, a good punch and that doesn't surprise me knowing Mick," witness Lee Cummuskey told ABC.
"It is your worst nightmare and Mick's been through it and survived so he's just really lucky."
Mr Bedford had surgery after Sunday's attack near Albany, south of Perth, and his condition was described as stable.
Australia has several shark attacks each year, with 194 people killed over the past 200 years, records show.

"It is your worst nightmare and Mick's been through it and survived so he's just really lucky."
Wait... did he say Mick?? Mick Dundee!?

I have no experience with sharks, but that's what I've heard to do if one attacks. Hit it right in the nose.

Back
Top Bottom