• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

SURELY these are photo-shopped....?

MaggieD

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Moderate
20 Animals You Won't Believe Are Real! - Likes20 Animals You Won't Believe Are Real! - Likes

Nature. Sometimes it's just unbelievable. A sample, the red-lipped bat fish:

164e2c0dae277998e6616f326420a90b.600x

This fish looks hilarious! The Red-Lipped Batfish is found on the Galapagos Islands, however you probably won't spot it swimming by any time soon! This fish uses its pectoral fins to walk on the bottom of the ocean. Perhaps it's embarrassed by its permanent bright shade of red lipstick?

Before MaggieD gets mad at me. I love my mother-in-law. But at 82, she has no problem letting me know through facial expressions jsut exactly how she feels about me (I married her only child and she never got over that).

The "Jesus" lizard has a pretty amazing capability:

As does the chameleon octopus:

A quick google search confirms that the red lipped batfish is a real critter. Here's another picture:

redlipfish.jpg

The Jesus Lizard and the chameleon octopus are also real.

Interesting how nature comes up with things that appear to have been created in some cartoon studio, isn't it?

This one, on the other hand, just might be the product of photoshopping:

bird dog.jpg

The hummingbird hawk moth looks a lot like the Snowberry Clearwing's that zip around my area though ours are more like Hummingbird Bee Moths if you want to describe them by their appearances :2razz:

Here is an online pic I found of one:

Snowberryclearwingcrop.jpg

A quick google search confirms that the red lipped batfish is a real critter. Here's another picture:

redlipfish.jpg

Interesting how nature comes up with things that appear to have been created in some cartoon studio, isn't it?

View attachment 67152217

:lol: :lol:

redlipfish.jpg

View attachment 67152217
Oh dear, something that chases my car, poops on my windshield, and marks its territory on my wheels. A motorist's nightmare.

The hummingbird hawk moth looks a lot like the Snowberry Clearwing's that zip around my area though ours are more like Hummingbird Bee Moths if you want to describe them by their appearances :2razz:

Here is an online pic I found of one:

View attachment 67152222

They're about the same size as these totally unrelated critters, and have the same habits of sucking nectar from flowers as well. Isn't it interesting how evolution winds up with the same designs over and over, even though the one is an insect, and the other a bird?

92702759.Fo2aH4ls.Mexico159.jpg

The hummingbird is the only animal that I recall vividly still the first time I ever saw one. They used to not be as common in my area as they are now that people do a lot of landscaping. I had seen them online and I knew my mom had told me that she had been seeing a hummingbird, but when it happened I was still shocked. I was running water out of a hose and the thing just appeared from nowhere. My first reaction was "Well I have never seen a bee fly with its butt in the air, but it is going to hurt like a mutha when that thing stings me" and a dropped the hose and ran like a little girl.

Back
Top Bottom