• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Supreme Court Strikes Down DOMA and what does that mean to me????

Diving Mullah

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Very Conservative
Well Actually Nothing...I am so happy for the Gay couples...They should equally enjoy the wrath of their spouses just like any other hot blooded american....However not everything is paved rainbow...

S.C also strike down the Section 4 and 5 of the voting right acts...Which basically means States can impose whatever the hell rules they want, not only in regards to Voting but other discriminatory laws.

Let me explain...Say the happily married gay couple of say 50+ years with many Children and Grand Children decided to leave a State which recognizes Gay marriages for example California and move to Kansas..Why??!! Most likely because Hell was too far or did not grant visa...and Say state of Kansas dose not recognizes gay marriages, which means the legal contract between the said couple is nullified and should one die or fall ill the other looses all the spousal rights.

Go!! Kansas! Sadly this doesn't even limit to gays it can limit to any sort discriminatory laws. Say Kansas legislators in their infinite and clearly abandon wisdom also decides to pass utterly insane law like...Oh I don't know...say for example anyone with less than 4 inches of penis can not vote, that clearly means over 50% of NRA members have been discriminated against, but sadly they have few means of recourse but to move to Mississippi if they indeed want to feel they are wanted and belong.

It is funny when you read the opinion of the justices...they were not worried by ID laws or illegal voting, they basically said...We do recognize these southern states have had form 1800s to 1960s long and uninterrupted history of discrimination and racism, but since the voting right acts there has been very little evidence of voting right violation (left out thanks to Voting Right Acts), so we are going to strike down voting right acts and see if the states will revert to their old ways. And if they do...after decades blood shed and suffering we can or hope we can enact them once again, but by then I'm hopefully dead, so why would I give a frack!

I just have to tell you... I love activist judges who pursuit personal agenda...so much lively and fun that judges who follow and uphold the law! Don't you think?

Diving Mullah

Just on my way out to propose to my Firebird. I have to ask my Jimmy if it will give her away, and maybe the PT Cruiser that my wife owns will perform the ceremony.

Back
Top Bottom