• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

"Supreme Court says we get a free ticket to discriminate "

I see. So you feel free to look up their personal information to weed out the gay people. There is a word for that kind of behavior.
Wokism. People are bring fired for shit they wrote on social media a decade ago, when they were teenagers.

Wokism. People are bring fired for shit they wrote on social media a decade ago, when they were teenagers.

Not surprisingly you entirely missed the point. Its not like he was coming across naked pictures. He was looking for evidence that candidates might be gay.

Not surprisingly you entirely missed the point. Its not like he was coming across naked pictures. He was looking for evidence that candidates might be gay.
"Not surprisingly" you missed that it's exact same point. Employers searching social media of their employees, and firing them, for things they find personally offensive.

"Not surprisingly" you missed that it's exact same point. Employers searching social media of their employees, and firing them, for things they find personally offensive.

Ummm.....discrimination against certain minorities in hiring is illegal in most states. That includes women, people of color, and gay people. In other states where its legal its still immoral and bigoted. I don't expect you to understand.

Ummm.....discrimination against certain minorities in hiring is illegal in most states. That includes women, people of color, and gay people. In other states where its legal its still immoral and bigoted. I don't expect you to understand.
Do you really need the gratuitous insults? Do they somehow make you feel better? Morally superior? Frankly, it makes you look small and clearly insecure in your position.

We're done.

Do you really need the gratuitous insults? Do they somehow make you feel better? Morally superior? Frankly, it makes you look small and clearly insecure in your position.

We're done.

Not referring to you specifically. I don’t know you well enough.
But discrimination against minorities, including gay people, IS bigotry at its finest.
Now we’re done.

Not referring to you specifically. I don’t know you well enough.
Hard to tell when you say things like "I don't expect you to understand."
But discrimination against minorities, including gay people, IS bigotry at its finest.
Now we’re done.
Like Harvard's admission process.

Last edited:
so sad in 2021 we still have people that when the discussion and idea of equal rights comes up their response is still . . . . . nahhhhh

oh well, equal rights is winning and bigotry is losing 🤷‍♂️

how does your meaningless feelings change the facts of my post?

" in that area it is still 100% illegal to discriminate against sexual orientation. "

oh thats right . . it doesnt LMAO

I never claimed it wasnt and the cake shop owner didnt discriminate against sexual orientation. He was opposed to baking a cake for a same sex wedding REGARDLESS of the parties sexual orientation.

I never claimed it wasnt and the cake shop owner didnt discriminate against sexual orientation. He was opposed to baking a cake for a same sex wedding REGARDLESS of the parties sexual orientation.

LMAO

again

" in that area it is still 100% illegal to discriminate against sexual orientation. "

Maybe "Right to Work" and "At Will Employment" were bad ideas, eh?

LMAO

again

Why it directly contradicts them.

Not being able to religiously discriminate against black people founded the moral majority in the from the south during the 1970s. This is just their final triumph of their will in America.

Someone posted this on another forum: ""the Constitution and Supreme Court means we get a free ticket to discriminate against people we don't like (see: Masterpiece Cake shop case).

Do conservative Christians really believe that the phrase "nor prohibiting the free exercise thereof " in the First Amendment of the Constitution and the Supreme Court's decision in the Masterpiece Cake case both mean they have the right to discriminate against gays and other "people we don't like"?

You're over-looking the other Clause, which is freedom of association and its inverse freedom from association.

You're over-looking the other Clause, which is freedom of association and its inverse freedom from association.
Congress shall make no law .......... abridging the right of the people peaceably to assemble ...........

How does this tell right-wing bigots that they have permission from the Constitution discriminate against gays, women, transgendered, minorities and those they consider Godless? And your claim of inverse freedom meaning businesses can discriminate against people they don't like or don't belong to their religion or accept their beliefs and church schools can keep out minorities and still operate tax free is just wishful thinking.

Rightwing bigots badly misinterpreted the court ruling. They think they won the right for business and schools to refuse entry or service to minorities.

I personally would have thought Freedom of association would have given that right. Why should one be forced to do business with someone they do not wish to be associated with? I never understood why someone would want to do business with someone that would discriminate against them in the first place.
Public accommodation laws. If you want to open a public business, ya gotta serve the public.

I personally would have thought Freedom of association would have given that right. Why should one be forced to do business with someone they do not wish to be associated with? I never understood why someone would want to do business with someone that would discriminate against them in the first place.
Imo, the reason is that a business that benefits from the largesse of America, should not be able to pick and choose customers based on personal animus.

So you don't understand why segregation was enforced by law?
It was also widely practiced without enforcement.

A bunch of reasons, but mainly that Congress has the right to regulate interstate commerce and businesses are not people.

What if you're an atheist living in a small town and the only two grocery stores within 30 miles are owened by Christians who hate you? What if you're gay and having a medical emergency? If the nearest hospital is owned by Christians or the Ambulance Drive is a Trump supporter what then?

More importantly, how am I supposed to know which businesses discriminate against those people before I buy their products?

Imagine you're an atheist living in relatively rural Alabama in a town with only two grocery stores. The first Grocery Store decides to put up a sign that says we don't serve atheists. Now all of a sudden the other grocery store in town quickly becomes the pro-atheist Grocery store. Now all of a sudden the anti-atheists grocery store will have a competitive advantage because all the right wing Christians in town don't want to be seen going in to the pro-atheists grocery store. So even if the second store has no problem with Atheists they may have no choice, but to ban atheists as well just to stay open.
Yeah its because discrimination is a deliberate effort of economic warfare, i cant agree that we should allow it to happen.

I don't know about the Supreme Court and how they "interpret" it but it would seem to me that if the constitution says we are to have the freedom of association and the right to private property then the government shouldn't be able to legislate who we must do business with.

Freedom of association and the right to private property have zero to do with running a business that is open to the public. Why do so many freedom freaks misread what the right of association really is and what it really applies to?

https://constitution.congress.gov/browse/essay/amdt1-2-13-1/ALDE_00000399/['association']

Do guys have the right to force Christians to perform acts their religious beliefs proscribe? Works both ways.

Baking a cake for a customer is not an act proscribed by any form of Christianity.

Baking a cake for a customer is not an act proscribed by any form of Christianity.
But it is part of celebrating a union some feel is sacrilegious. BTW which amendment guarantees getting a cake baked?

But it is part of celebrating a union some feel is sacrilegious. BTW which amendment guarantees getting a cake baked?

They are not part of celebrating it. They are selling a product and the customer is free to use it as they wish. The law guarantees getting a cake baked from a bakery open to the public.

Back
Top Bottom