• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

"Supreme Court says we get a free ticket to discriminate "

government overreach and a violation of the tenth amendment.
Why should it be OK to refuse services, education, products, accommodations and housing to Blacks, women, Muslims, Tibetans, American Indians, or trans-sexuals. You realize that would leave only straight, white Christian males to enjoy going, staying, eating, buying, working, learning and living where ever they wanted to.

I was, I'm retired now. I paid my lowest earning employee more than five times the minimum wage. I always had dozens of applications for every job opening, even from other countries, and I never once knowingly employed an anti-American leftist freak during the 30 years I was in business.

And BTW: did you knowingly employ anti-American far right nut jobs in your business?
Seems that as long as employees do their job while on the clock their political philosophy is irrelevant. You no doubt missed out on some excellent workers.

And exactly how did you determine the political philosophy of those applicants?
Leftists are not very bright. They enjoy displaying their abject hatred of America in conversations or on their vehicles through bumper stickers, just as they do in this thread every day. If an employee showed up in the morning with a Biden bumper sticker on their car, they would be unemployed before lunch. I do not tolerate leftist filth.

And BTW: did you knowingly employ anti-American far right nut jobs in your business?
Seems that as long as employees do their job while on the clock their political philosophy is irrelevant. You no doubt missed out on some excellent workers.
There is no such thing. Only leftist filth have a deep-seated hatred for the founding principles of the nation. Right-wingers support our inalienable right to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness, while the insane leftist freaks want to destroy it.

Every atrocity this nation has ever dealt with can be laid at the feet of the Democratic Party as the primary cause. More Americans have been killed by Democrats than all the foreign wars the US has ever fought combined. There is no lower form of life than a Democrat.

There is no such thing. Only leftist filth have a deep-seated hatred for the founding principles of the nation. Right-wingers support our inalienable right to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness, while the insane leftist freaks want to destroy it.

Every atrocity this nation has ever dealt with can be laid at the feet of the Democratic Party as the primary cause. More Americans have been killed by Democrats than all the foreign wars the US has ever fought combined. There is no lower form of life than a Democrat.

Your posts reveal a lot of intolerance and hate, things common to far right extremists but rarely present in liberals.
This is not good for your health.
I suggest taking a deep breath and having a cup of tea.

You do understand that conservatives did not write the Declaration of Independence, did not start the Revolutionary War and did not write the Constitution. Insane leftist freaks did that. The conservatives were called Tories and went to Canada or back to England.

Your posts reveal a lot of intolerance and hate, things common to far right extremists but rarely present in liberals.This is not good for your health.I suggest taking a deep breath and having a cup of tea.

He's been Valley Trash for too long. He needs more than a cuppa.

So bottom line is that you should be happy for the rights and freedoms you have to live your life as you see fit. Just remember that other people also have the right to live as they see fit. It is wrong to try and force someone to create something that symbolizes something they disagree with. It was wrong to try and force Jack Phillips (Masterpiece Cake Shop) to create a cake symbolic of same sex marriage.

Do you know that the “conservative” justices crossover to vote with their “liberal” coutnerparts much more frequently that the reverse.
Well, I do know that, yes, liberals are dogmatic in their leftism ideology, more dogmatic than conservatives, so it would kinda make sense that SCOTUS leftists don't cross over to vote with their conservative counterparts all that much.

Also, most 5-4 are not along ideolgical lines.
So you say .. but is that really true?

Regardless, the ideological lines today are 6-3 conservative over liberal. I think that speaks clearly to the likelihood of making even a 5-4 in favor of religious freedom over liberal causes of "gay rights" and "abortion on demand" much more likely, even if it might be a little harder to get a 6-3 in overturning Roe and Webster.

You do understand that conservatives did not write the Declaration of Independence, did not start the Revolutionary War and did not write the Constitution. Insane leftist freaks did that. The conservatives were called Tories and went to Canada or back to England.
You are wrong, as usual. The political party that became the Republican Party in 1856 began as the Anti-Federalists in 1789, who were responsible for the Second Amendment. The Anti-Federalists would become Democratic-Republicans under Jefferson, Madison, Monroe and John Q. Adams from 1800 until 1828. When the leftist filth took control under Jackson and started slaughtering Americans in 1828 the right-wingers became the Whig Party in mockery of the anti-American leftist freak Jackson. The Trail of Tears would be the first of many Democratic Party atrocities. The right-wing stayed under the Whig Party for 28 years, becoming the Republican Party in 1856.

You obviously have no clue about American history. You should have gotten an education instead of that anti-American leftist indoctrination of yours, it would have served you better.

Last edited:
You are wrong, as usual. The political party that became the Republican Party in 1856 began as the Anti-Federalists in 1789, who were responsible for the Second Amendment. The Anti-Federalists would become Democratic-Republicans under Jefferson, Madison, Monroe and John Q. Adams from 1800 until 1828. When the leftist filth took control under Jackson and started slaughtering Americans in 1828 the right-wingers became the Whig Party in mockery of the anti-American leftist freak Jackson. The Trail of Tears would be the first of many Democratic Party atrocities. The right-wing stayed under the Whig Party for 28 years, becoming the Republican Party in 1856.

You obviously have no clue about American history. You should have gotten an education instead of that anti-American leftist indoctrination of yours, it would have served you better.

The topic is conservative vs liberal in the 18th century. You're talking party names in the 19th century.

Someone posted this on another forum: ""the Constitution and Supreme Court means we get a free ticket to discriminate against people we don't like (see: Masterpiece Cake shop case).

Do conservative Christians really believe that the phrase "nor prohibiting the free exercise thereof " in the First Amendment of the Constitution and the Supreme Court's decision in the Masterpiece Cake case both mean they have the right to discriminate against gays and other "people we don't like"?

I read over the Supreme Court ruling several times. I urge you to read it as well. It most certainly does not grant a "free license to discriminate". It simply ruled that the Colorado Civil Rights Commission was biased and because of this blatant bias, Jack Phillips had been denied his right to an impartial hearing. Furthermore, SCOTUS found that the blatantly biased Colorado Civil Rights Commission employed a blatant double standard between the Masterpiece case and other cases in which other bakers in Colorado had also refused to make cakes because of objecting to the meaning of the cake.

Why should it be OK to refuse services, education, products, accommodations and housing to Blacks, women, Muslims, Tibetans, American Indians, or trans-sexuals. You realize that would leave only straight, white Christian males to enjoy going, staying, eating, buying, working, learning and living where ever they wanted to.

Because its OK to refuse people services products, accommodations and housing to people with freckles and I have freckles.
And under federal law sex is excluded from the Federal public accommodation laws as well in many states, and yet it hasnt only left males to enjoy the public accommodation. Your belief that only straight, white Christian males would be left to enjoy these things is absurd.

The Trump Court will be with us for a long time. This is only the beginning of the ascendency of rule by corporations.

Would apply whether it is an individual proprietorship, partnership or corporation.

Couple things

1.) this isnt about conservative Christians, millions of conservative Christians see the store owner for the bigot he factually is
2.) anybody that thinks thats what Scotus ruled is a complete retard and has no understanding of the law and or rights
3.) in that area it is still 100% illegal to discriminate against sexual orientation. The owner did not win the case, the case wasnt even ruled on based on the owner's complaints . .

what DID actually happened is that colorado was found guilty of not following its own rules and protocols and practicing due diligence to effectively and objectively vet the case and thats what they got their hand smacked for and rightfully so. THier RUSH to judgment is what was ruled on, NOT illegal discrimination.

hmmm lets see if my post back in jna 2020 is still true . .. .

yep! LOL

hmmm lets see if my post back in jna 2020 is still true . .. .

yep! LOL

" illegal to discriminate against sexual orientation. "

The cake shop owner would have been equally opposed to baking a wedding cake for two heterosexuals of the same sex. Has nothing to do with their sexual orientation.

The cake shop owner would have been equally opposed to baking a wedding cake for two heterosexuals of the same sex. Has nothing to do with their sexual orientation.

how does your meaningless feelings change the facts of my post?

" in that area it is still 100% illegal to discriminate against sexual orientation. "

oh thats right . . it doesnt LMAO

Sorry but you dont get to band together to commit other people to second class status in a de facto way. Thats why we prevent discrimination.

Anti discrimination laws came about because separate but equal was a cruel lie and the fact black people were de facto sectioned off as second class citizens. Just because the law doesnt explicitly intend something doesnt mean a system of injustice isnt being perpetuated.

So he was discriminating based on the sex of the people ordering the cake which also would have been in violation of the states law.

And exactly how did you determine the political philosophy of those applicants?
These days it’s pretty easy. Just Google their social media. One can look for other giveaways, for example women who are not conventionally feminine and look “butch” or don’t care for their appearance or who have unnatural dyed fair colors or men with neck beards

These days it’s pretty easy. Just Google their social media. One can look for other giveaways, for example women who are not conventionally feminine and look “butch” or don’t care for their appearance or who have unnatural dyed fair colors or men with neck beards

I see. So you feel free to look up their personal information to weed out the gay people. There is a word for that kind of behavior.

You do understand that conservatives did not write the Declaration of Independence, did not start the Revolutionary War and did not write the Constitution. Insane leftist freaks did that.

How do you figure?

Back
Top Bottom