• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Supreme Court says several gun cases deserve a new look

Exactly. Like, I support more gun control don't get me wrong. But on the grand scheme of things they are causing far more damage in other areas right now that I'm more worried about.
With guns and pregnancies, there is always a question of...'will that impact me personally?'. The EPA decision removes that uncertainty.

With respect:
Nice attempt to downplay the rogue conservative supreme court.
There is nothing rogue about the Supreme Court finally upholding more of the Constitution.

Was was rogue was all these progressive judges who allowed the Constitution to be violated for all these years.

This new focus on enforcing the Constitution is a move to a brighter future, not a move to the past.

The constitution has little relevance in 2022. It is nothing more than a false idol to rally ideology around today.

Living as if it is 1950 instead of 2022 is most certainly unhealthy, disruptive and dangerous. Especially when its minority rule and that minority rule is anti science. Anti progress. Anti enlightenment.

WASHINGTON (AP) — The Supreme Court said Thursday that gun cases involving restrictions in Hawaii, California, New Jersey and Maryland deserve a new look following its major decision in a gun case last week. In light of last week's ruling — which said that Americans have a right to carry a gun outside the home — lower courts should take another look at several cases that had been awaiting action by the high court, the court said. Those cases include ones about high-capacity magazines, an assault weapons ban and a state law that limits who can carry a gun outside the home.

Very interesting.
Many states with such laws, or those states contemplating such laws may well find themselves scrambling to make changes if they wish to avoid arguing before the current SCOTUS, which has shown itself to be largely in favor of not treating the Second Amendment as a lesser Constitutional right.

The Supreme Court seems to think that just about every judicial decision made in the last 150 years deserves a "new look."

This new focus on enforcing the Constitution is a move to a brighter future, not a move to the past.

Women's bodies put in service to state represents a brighter future? Not likely.

There is nothing rogue about the Supreme Court finally upholding more of the Constitution.

Was was rogue was all these progressive judges who allowed the Constitution to be violated for all these years.

Really? Even though it was a 7-2 conservative court that originally gave us Roe? 5 GOP and 2 dems gave us Roe.
1 GOP and 1 Dem decented.

This current crazy court overuled a 7-2 conservative decision.

No, the court was far less agenda driven in the past, far less nut wing crazy. All the progress this country has made in court has been with Gop judges supporting it.

Now we have crazies. Your posts really are totally void of real knowledge.

Yelling constitution, constitution only makes them sound uneducated and extreme politically.

This is not constitution, this is crazy land.

The constitution has little relevance in 2022. It is nothing more than a false idol to rally ideology around today.

Living as if it is 1950 instead of 2022 is most certainly unhealthy, disruptive and dangerous. Especially when its minority rule and that minority rule is anti science. Anti progress. Anti enlightenment.
Care to elaborate?

That made no sense.

Women's bodies put in service to state represents a brighter future? Not likely.
This is a Second Amendment thread and I am referring to their ruling on the Second Amendment.

I seldom get into the abortion fray. It's not my thing. Although I do find a lot of feminists to be pretty nutty.

Actually not the most hard-core feminists though. The most hard-core of them are honestly fighting for equal rights. Them I respect.

That is incorrect. The Constitution continues to be the supreme law of the land.

That's OK. No one is trying to live as if it is 1950.

Really? Even though it was a 7-2 conservative court that originally gave us Roe? 5 GOP and 2 dems gave us Roe.
1 GOP and 1 Dem decented.
This current crazy court overuled a 7-2 conservative decision.
No, the court was far less agenda driven in the past, far less nut wing crazy. All the progress this country has made in court has been with Gop judges supporting it.
Now we have crazies.
As I said in my previous post, this is a Second Amendment thread and I am referring to their ruling on the Second Amendment.

I seldom get into the abortion fray. It's not my thing. Although I do find a lot of feminists to be pretty nutty.

Actually not the most hard-core feminists though. The most hard-core of them are honestly fighting for equal rights. Them I respect.

Your posts really are totally void of real knowledge.
So how come you failed to point out anything untrue in my posts?

Yelling constitution, constitution only makes them sound uneducated and extreme politically.
Only to progressives. The American people, on the other hand, actually value our freedom and civil liberties.

This is not constitution, this is crazy land.
That is incorrect. The Second Amendment is very much part of the Constitution.

The court is intent on becoming an extremist legislative body..
Nonsense. All the Supreme Court did was uphold part of the Second Amendment.

What difference does it make? We're already the wild wild west.

It's not like less people are going to get gunned down.

20 to 30 more days until the next high profile mass slaughter.

That is incorrect. The Constitution continues to be the supreme law of the land.

That's OK. No one is trying to live as if it is 1950.

As I said in my previous post, this is a Second Amendment thread and I am referring to their ruling on the Second Amendment.

So how come you failed to point out anything untrue in my posts?

Only to progressives. The American people, on the other hand, actually value our freedom and civil liberties.

That is incorrect. The Second Amendment is very much part of the Constitution.

Nonsense. All the Supreme Court did was uphold part of the Second Amendment.

A horse with blinders sees little.

Not necessarily true, and lots of people didn't vote.
With the highest voter turnout in history in 2020, people did vote. The latest Monmouth poll says the nation under the present administration is headed in the wrong direction, 88% -10%. So yeah some folks may not vote but they aren't going to vote for democrats.

I am infinitely more worried about the supreme courts grinding assault on civil rights and possible turnover of election conduction to the states. These gun control rulings aren't even a secondary concern at this point.
Good I hope that more and more people feel like you do.

Don't worry. As a result of the abortion, gun control, and EPA rulings, the Democrats will win tons more seats in the House and Senate, and they'll be able to address it through legislation.

:ROFLMAO:
Dream dream dream. It’s healthy

WASHINGTON (AP) — The Supreme Court said Thursday that gun cases involving restrictions in Hawaii, California, New Jersey and Maryland deserve a new look following its major decision in a gun case last week. In light of last week's ruling — which said that Americans have a right to carry a gun outside the home — lower courts should take another look at several cases that had been awaiting action by the high court, the court said. Those cases include ones about high-capacity magazines, an assault weapons ban and a state law that limits who can carry a gun outside the home.

Very interesting.
Many states with such laws, or those states contemplating such laws may well find themselves scrambling to make changes if they wish to avoid arguing before the current SCOTUS, which has shown itself to be largely in favor of not treating the Second Amendment as a lesser Constitutional right.
What the Supreme Court should reexamine is their bullshit ruling in United States v. Miller, 307 U.S. 174 (1939). Particular considering the Supreme Court was under considerable duress by a fascist President that was eager to replace them. FDR replaced all nine Justices in a six-year period between 1937 and 1943, whether they wanted to be replaced or not. Any decision by the Supreme Court between 1937 and the year of FDR's death, 1945, should be considered suspect and be reexamined.

The National Firearm Act of 1934 misused the Commerce Clause to keep federal treasury workers employed after the Volstead Act was repealed. The National Firearm Act of 1934 is unconstitutional, as are the subsequent Federal Firearms Act of 1938, the Gun Control Act of 1968, and the Firearm Owners Protection Act of 1986. Which also means that the Firearm component of the Bureau of Tobacco, Alcohol, Firearms, and Explosives is also unconstitutional as well ever every Federal Firearms License ever issued.

Yes heaven forbid congress actually do their job instead of just pretending unelected bureaucrats have unlimited power.
Environmental Protection Agency unclear to you?

Back
Top Bottom