• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Supreme court rules that the president is indeed the commander in chief

Gateman_Wen

Official disruptive influence
Banned
Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Other
The shocking part is that three judges dissented. The not so shocking part is who they are.

The decision is undeniably a win for the balance of power between the executive branch and the judiciary that has prevailed for many decades. But the fact that the Court had to weigh in on this at all — not to mention that three justices, Justices Clarence Thomas, Samuel Alito, and Neil Gorsuch, dissented from the majority — is a worrisome sign about America’s judiciary.

My, my... those activist judges...

I'm surprised the SC took the case at all.

This shows that those three are not only hugely corrupt, but partisan hacks. This dissent wasn't about corruption, but petty political partisanship.

The shocking part is that three judges dissented. The not so shocking part is who they are.

Mind telling us what you’re whining about? I’d rather not direct ad revenue to clickbait.

Thomas must feel pretty good that he isn't alone in this time.

Clarence Thomas was the lone dissent in the Supreme Court's January order rejecting Trump's bid to withhold documents from the January 6 panel​

SCOTUS Rules 8-1 to Overturn Conviction of Child Killer, Only Justice Thomas Dissents​

Clarence Thomas is lone dissenter in free speech SCOTUS case involving cursing teenager​

He had company for this nonsense:

Why Clarence Thomas' Trump-like dissent in election case matters​

IF military people refuse to something like vaccines and masks they should be discharged immediately.
COVID 19 and variants are too risky where humans must remain close in proximity to each other. The courts should have no authority in this matter or other medical matters.

Then again I do not believe members of congress should the power to declare war or a "police action" without a large contingency of military powers that be requesting such. Members of congress are tied
too closely with the MIC and campaign contributions.

Thus there is a great opportunity to keep imperial thinkers at bay.

Both Thomas and Ginny Thomas should be removed from any position that is related to government payrolls. This thinking could be applied to any one who interferes as these two have done. Perhaps under the Un American Activities Act.

Mind telling us what you’re whining about? I’d rather not direct ad revenue to clickbait.
If you can't be bothered to read the linked material you definitely shouldn't comment.

If you can't be bothered to read the linked material you definitely shouldn't comment.
Well there was never any dispute about whether the President is commander-in-chief, so your title is a lie. I don't see why I should subsidize your clickbait operation if you won't try harder than that.

I don't ****ing believe it.
The United States Supreme Court is ITSELF an insurrectionist organization seeking to dismantle the administrative state.
It is TIME to either EXPAND the Court or clip its wings forever.

Back
Top Bottom