• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Supreme Court rejects battle over men-only draft registration

Should women be subject to the registering for selective service and potential draft as men are now?

• Total voters

Bum

I survived. Suck it, Schrodinger.
Dungeon Master
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Other
Washington — The Supreme Court on Monday turned away a challenge to the constitutionality of the federal requirement that only men register for the draft when they become legal adults, declining to revisit an earlier decision that upheld the policy on Selective Service.

According to the article, it has nothing to do with the merits of the case; its about letting Congress manage it.

National security are the magic words that usually influence the Supremes to let any unconstitutional thing slide.

Voted Yes

I did read the summary of the decision...seems like a practical decision.

My understanding is that women aren’t even allowed in combat.

Washington — The Supreme Court on Monday turned away a challenge to the constitutionality of the federal requirement that only men register for the draft when they become legal adults, declining to revisit an earlier decision that upheld the policy on Selective Service.

According to the article, it has nothing to do with the merits of the case; its about letting Congress manage it.
The SC didn't do their job.
It is Unconstitutional it is sex discrimination ,
They should have ruled it that way and sent it back to the lower court or sent it on to Congress to write another law to make it Constitutional
Sorry it can't be if a woman wants something they get it because you can't discriminate on the basis of sex . but when it comes to something like this it is ok to discriminate against men because they don't want to get killed if we go to war. well Men don't want to get killed either but they are made to and don't get a say in it.
It can't be both ways it is full equal rights for EVERYBODY
that is just my thoughts
equal IS equal all the time not just when women want it.
Have a nice afternoon

My understanding is that women aren’t even allowed in combat.
I have read that Women in Israel have to serve and are some of the most vicious solders on earth
again Equal is Equal if men have to register and serve so should women
Have a nice day

Back
Top Bottom