• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

[W:#4341]Supreme Court overturns Roe v. Wade

There will be a lot of action and a lot of words but the democrats are going to lose power come November because of their radical policies and their hate of the U.S.. Abortion is not eliminated nationally, and this decision has nothing to do with LGBTQ rights as the left wants to claim. Radical left ideology and bad leadership by the democrats is bringing them down. America has turned against this radical agenda in favor of life and family. Currently the left has moved toward violence with attacks on pregnancy and right to life centers. Those who choose to do this are no better than the Proud Boy and other groups they claim are extreme.

America has always turned toward family, but family has been continuously redefined. For example, I don't think extended families living together is making a comeback.

You do understand if men get a woman pregnant, they have to pay child support, often 10-25% of their paycheck? If they do not pay, they go to jail.

The madness is, that they still could have to pay spousal support in a divorce even if they have no children. Where is the fairness in that?
That's tough to do if they guy is serving 10 yrs for rape.

Everything Biden is not?
Yes, actually. I never liked Biden for those reasons. He's lucky he was running against Trump.

This decision will accelerate the Balkanization of the US, imo.
God I hope so! Hopefully after a disastrous Civil War instigated by the left with their "peaceful" protests. Maybe afterwards those who still swing left will begin to be a little more tolerant of those who don't religiously follow their liberal fascist doctrines. And maybe those on the right will stop making mean tweets and finally we can all just get along.

Republicans view women and minors are 3rd class "citizens".
Right, the SCOTUS decision returning abortion regulations to a state issue will save thousands of not millions of unborn, minor, children roughly half of them women. Democrats idea of first class citizenship is to slaughter these children as disposable, subhumans.

I am a woman and I am here to tell you, I would bet my mortgage payment on this: there is literally no woman who is of sound mind and body who would carry a fetus to 38 weeks and then say "I changed my mind, let's just abort it".

It. Doesn't. Happen. But the "pro-lifers" pretend it does. Idiocy to the nth degree.
Exactly, pro-ligers just like that argument to sound "more reasonable" to create a precedent for restricting abortion.

LOL... Liberals couldn't have asked for a better gift for November...
This will not "move the needle" at all with those who are truly undecided as has been shown since this was leaked. Also, it is June and November is over 4 months away.

Whether it is at the State or Federal level it removes choice and imposes control the very things conservatives "claim" they support. The fact is they only support it when it is something they agree with.
Wrong, it puts the power where it longs something you Canadians don't understand, states' rights. Do you honestly believe the SC outlawed abortions?

Then there is this

You should "think twice" before sticking your face in other peoples' business.

Now get off your ass and go out and adopt some of those "helpless human beings" sitting in orphanages..
Killing the unborn isn't murder ..there just blobs of matter, nothing more, right.

Good question, but suits come to the courts for the darndest reasons. I think they would point to the wording of this ruling, specifically pushing the issue to the states, not to congress as their foothold to contest. Besides, if that is the dems angle they better act fast, Nov will see most of them unemployed.

They would have NO grounds to sue...

Abortion here in Austria is not legal, but "decriminalized".

Which means it is actually not legal in a law-kinda-sense, but women and doctors are not punished as a result.

This is valid for the first 3 months of pregnancy.

After 3 months, abortions can only be performed if the mother's life is at risk, if the child is about to be heavily ill or mentally disabled, or if the mother is underage.

Abortions are NOT paid for by universal public health insurance (unlike in many other EU countries). Except for medical reasons.

So, our abortion laws are not one of the more progressive in Europe.

An abortion costs 400-800€ here in Austria (basically the same in $).

You must pay it yourself, it is not paid by universal health insurance. Very conservative and a compromise so that the law would be enacted (our Right-wingers strongly opposed abortion in the 70s, but it came because of Social Democrats in power then). Social Democrats in the 2000s wanted abortions covered by health insurance (like in many other EU countries), but the conservative ÖVP and far-right FPÖ were opposed. The ÖVP has been in government since 1986 (!), so abortion never was liberalized further.

2024 could see for the 1st time the ÖVP in Opposition, opening the window for a left-liberal government and liberalization (but I guess there are more pressing issues than that).

There will be a lot of action and a lot of words but the democrats are going to lose power come November because of their radical policies and their hate of the U.S.. Abortion is not eliminated nationally, and this decision has nothing to do with LGBTQ rights as the left wants to claim. Radical left ideology and bad leadership by the democrats is bringing them down. America has turned against this radical agenda in favor of life and family. Currently the left has moved toward violence with attacks on pregnancy and right to life centers. Those who choose to do this are no better than the Proud Boy and other groups they claim are extreme.

What the **** is an "attack on pregnancy"?

Taking care of family? It was the idiots on the right who wanted to overturn the ACA - the law that allowed people to continue to provide and pay for healthcare for their children up to the age of 26. You people wanted 18 year olds bounced and not protected. So spare the smart people your lies and bullshit about being in favor of "family".

Wrong, it puts the power where it longs something you Canadians don't understand, states' rights. Do you honestly believe the SC outlawed abortions?

Then there is this

Can congress pass federal legislation protecting abortion nationwide?

You may be right. I hope you are, I am just skeptical.

I am cautiously optimistic. But this SC decision is definitely a voting motivator for all Democrats who had no problem with Roe. This could be a pyrrhic victory for the religious right.

Another great day for restoring the Constitution. Roe V Wade has always been a violation of the 10th Amendment. Now let democracy resume within the states as it was designed from the beginning. Regardless of your views on abortion, you have the ability to become engaged in your state to change things.

It has taken those who held the view that Roe v Wade was bad law 50 years to be recognized.

But we keep being told every christian right wing desire is an embedded right which cannot be moved while anything dealing with non christian right wing desires is "states rights" issues. We can't ban guns outright in a state.

Abortion is only an issue because 1/3 of the country still believes in an ancient book as their understanding of life and legality.
What isn't surprising will be the liberal indoctrination that tries to sell that the SC and Conservatives outlawed abortions. That couldn't be further from the truth, what it did was put the issue where it belongs at the state and local level where the benefits and costs actually occur

You won't be talking about this

So allowing state's to deny a women's right to family planning is pro-family?

Exactly, pro-ligers just like that argument to sound "more reasonable" to create a precedent for restricting abortion.

It's as stupid an argument as "well, she can just go to another state, you know".

I wonder how many of them who say that plan to sponsor the finances of said trips. Probably as many of the "pro-life" people who plan to step up and adopt/sponsor the unwanted babies who they insist be born.

Can congress pass federal legislation protecting abortion nationwide?
I think the decision makes clear that the answer to that is no. This issue is to be decided by the individual States and the elected representatives of the people therein.

The entire GOP's judicial project has been in the open all along. Trump ran on appointing judges specifically to overturn Roe and McConnell's schemes to fill as many seats with anti-Roe judges through any means necessary (even leaving a seat vacant for a year!) were quite open.

Shocking that they did the thing they said they were doing.

Right, the SCOTUS decision returning abortion regulations to a state issue will save thousands of not millions of unborn, minor, children roughly half of them women. Democrats idea of first class citizenship is to slaughter these children as disposable, subhumans.

Thank you. I also do not like the idea of women traveling state lines to get an abortion. I believe Brett Kavanaugh said that in the decision. Women should not be able to legally travel to a pro-abortion state to get an abortion.

What isn't surprising will be the liberal indoctrination that tries to sell that the SC and Conservatives outlawed abortions. That couldn't be further from the truth, what it did was put the issue where it belongs at the state and local level where the benefits and costs actually occur

You won't be talking about this

You keep lecturing me about states rights and yet you will not answer my question as to whether you beliefve a state has the right to ban gun ownership.

Then there is this

You keep responding to people who clearly understand this decision doesn't outlaw abortions and you keep screeching this bullshit as if they said the opposite.

How many times are you going to lie about this?

Back
Top Bottom