• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Supreme Court nominee Judge Ketanji Brown Jackson - Correct on GITMO

GITMO isn't within the jurisdiction of the US Constitution. Get a clue.
Are you being intentionally ignorant? If a soldier commits a crime on a US military base in a foreign country, who do they answer to, the US or the country the base is located on?

Are you being intentionally ignorant? If a soldier commits a crime on a US military base in a foreign country, who do they answer to, the US or the country the base is located on?
They answer to both the country they are located in, where the offense took place, and they are subject to the UCMJ. The ignorance here is entirely yours.

Service members, regardless of where they’re located, are always subject to the military's jurisdiction under the UCMJ, which has its own set of criminal laws enforced through the court-martial process. This can sometimes conflict with civilian laws when a service member commits a crime off of a military installation where civilian authorities also have jurisdiction. So, for example, a service member who is arrested for a DUI while off of a military installation in the U.S. would be subject to the criminal jurisdiction of both civilian and military authorities.

Similarly, a service member who commits a crime in a foreign country would generally be subject to the jurisdiction of that country’s legal system as well as the UCMJ, absent a formal agreement to the contrary. This can be tricky especially if that country’s legal system lacks basic due process rights. Enter the Status of Forces Agreement (SOFA). Whenever the U.S. government is expecting to maintain military forces in a foreign country, it normally will attempt to enter into a SOFA with that country to address, among other things:
  • The framework for military operations
  • Foreign laws and jurisdiction over U.S. military personnel
  • Legal protections for U.S. military personnel
Source: Foreign Criminal Laws and Military Personnel Stationed Abroad

Yet you are unable to demonstrate that it is false. Why am I not surprised?
I gave you a very clear citation showing you are laughably incorrect regarding US jurisdiction.

You are clearly completely clueless on the subject, as usual.
Yet I've completely disproven your position, with citation. Not to mention the fact, that the US has and will continue to routinely prosecute US citizens, and others, for crimes committed outside US borders lol.

Yet I've completely disproven your position, with citation. Not to mention the fact, that the US has and will continue to routinely prosecute US citizens, and others, for crimes committed outside US borders lol.
Your own sources, which you obviously didn't read, supported my position. The jurisdiction of the US Constitution extends no further than the borders of the US, as your own source demonstrated. Even a complete moron knows that much, but apparently that is beyond both you and this terrorist supporting judge.

Your own sources, which you obviously didn't read, supported my position.
By completely disproving your position? lol. You even highlighted the portion that curb stomped your claim in this post

The jurisdiction of the US Constitution extends no further than the borders of the US, as your own source demonstrated.
My sources clearly showed you that they extend beyond US borders, in certain circumstances. It's why the US can, does and will continue prosecuting US citizens and others for crimes committed OUTSIDE US borders.
Even a complete moron knows that much, but apparently that is beyond both you and this terrorist supporting judge.
Dude, you have been proven completely and totally 100% wrong on this issue. The second source I gave you, which you didn't read, listed a dozen SCOTUS cases showing you that US jurisdiction does indeed extend beyond US borders in certain circumstances. lol

They answer to both the country they are located in, where the offense took place, and they are subject to the UCMJ. The ignorance here is entirely yours.

Source: Foreign Criminal Laws and Military Personnel Stationed Abroad
The UCMJ is not the United States exercising their jurisdiction over an American located in a foreign country? Do you deny posting this?

"The jurisdiction of the US Constitution extends no further than the borders of the US..."

I could go on and on... the search I did on the word "filth" in your posts yields 10 pages of results.

You seem to have an inordinate and pathological fixation on that particular word. Have you ever taken the time to examine the root causes of your evident psychological distress?

Unclear as to how this relates to the OP.

Can you explain it to me ?

As tempting as it is to put this post in my signature... I'm not going to, because you are in a dark place right now, and I'd just like to encourage you seek whatever help you need to make both your life better, but also the lives of the people around you. That's an honest, heart-felt statement on my part, but take it for however you feel it's worth.

Still looking for a connection to the SCOTUS nominee.

I am just not making it.

Please help me out.

The UCMJ is not the United States exercising their jurisdiction over an American located in a foreign country? Do you deny posting this?

"The jurisdiction of the US Constitution extends no further than the borders of the US..."
Don't be stupid, of course it is not the US exercising jurisdiction beyond the borders of the US, because the US has no jurisdiction beyond the borders of the US. They are in fact upholding a Status of Forces Agreement made with the country in question. Are you able to read? The soldier is still subject to the laws of the nation they happen to be in at the time, because the US has no jurisdiction outside of the SOFA. This is not a difficult concept. You refuse to acknowledge reality out of sheer ignorance, like a stereotypical leftist.

Don't be stupid, of course it is not the US exercising jurisdiction beyond the borders of the US, because the US has no jurisdiction beyond the borders of the US.
I have conclusively proven this statement false.
They are in fact upholding a Status of Forces Agreement made with the country in question. Are you able to read? The soldier is still subject to the laws of the nation they happen to be in at the time, because the US has no jurisdiction outside of the SOFA. This is not a difficult concept. You refuse to acknowledge reality out of sheer ignorance, like a stereotypical leftist.
I have conclusively proven this statement false as well.

No, she was not right. She is, in fact, a supporter of terrorism - like all Democrat filth.

The reason GITMO was used in the first place was specifically because it was not within the borders of the US, and therefore the US Constitution does not apply. Nobody "deserved" a damn thing, because there were no constitutional protections for anyone at GITMO. They could be held indefinitely and never be charged with any crime.

There is no "constitutional requirement" outside the borders of the US. The US Constitution doesn't apply. If a judge doesn't already know this fact then they are incompetent and shouldn't be in a position of authority.
LOL, traitor trolling projection at its worst. Yeah, equal rights, livable wages, not torturing people, many innocent, without due process, not allowing discrimination, not wanting to pollute the planet and poison people, not throwing innocent people in prison for long periods of time, wanting to help those in need...sure real filth LOL

You know who you sound just like? The terrorists that may be in GITMO.

Last edited:
You keep believing that.
It's not a matter of belief. I gave you a dozen SCOTUS rulings absolutely disproving your claim lol.
Self-delusion is what leftists are most noted for.
I'm not a leftist. I'm simply correcting your now wilful ignorance regarding US jurisdiction. The first time you made the claim, was out of genuine ignorance. Every time you've repeated your claim, after having it thoroughly disproven, is now willful ignorance.

It's not a matter of belief. I gave you a dozen SCOTUS rulings absolutely disproving your claim lol.

I'm not a leftist. I'm simply correcting your now wilful ignorance regarding US jurisdiction. The first time you made the claim, was out of genuine ignorance. Every time you've repeated your claim, after having it thoroughly disproven, is now willful ignorance.
Of course your aren't a leftist, and the moon is made of cheese and Hillary is as honest as the day is long. Are there any other fantasies you want to try to pass off as reality? Every post you make drips of your leftist ideology. Attempting to deny it is the funniest post you've made all week.

It takes a great deal of arrogant hubris, not to mention abject ignorance, to believe that the laws of any nation extend and supersede all laws everywhere on the planet.

I accurately describe the left as "filth," because it is shorter than continuously typing "pieces of shit." However, you can consider them to be synonymous in my case.

There is nothing inordinate about using an appropriate adjective. The fact that leftists are directly responsible for more than 100 million deaths alone during the 20th century is one of the things that makes them "filth" / "pieces of shit." The fact that these leftist "filth" / "pieces of shit" continue their mass murders today, as Democrat Governors Cuomo, Murphy, Wolf, and Newsom demonstrated when they intentionally slaughtered tens of thousands of Americans by Executive Order.

The fact also remains that leftist "filth" / "pieces of shit" have killed more Americans throughout US history than all the foreign wars the US has ever fought - combined. So I can think of no better adjective to describe the left.
Foulest mouth on DP, hands down.

It isn't a treaty, it is a lease. What part of the borders of the US are you unable to comprehend? No nations laws extend beyond the borders of their own nation, and the US is no exception. The jurisdiction of the US extends no further than its borders. A competent judge knows that fact, which is why Ketanji Brown Jackson is either utterly incompetent, or a willful supporter of terrorism against the US, like all Democrat scum.

I've already pointed out to you how the jurisdiction assigned by original lease agreement of 1903 was incorporated into the Treaty of 1934. As far as Guantanamo goes, Cuba retains sovereignty, but the US retains jurisdiction.

I've already pointed out to you how the jurisdiction assigned by original lease agreement of 1903 was incorporated into the Treaty of 1934. As far as Guantanamo goes, Cuba retains sovereignty, but the US retains jurisdiction.
You can't have jurisdiction if you don't have sovereignty, and treaties - like all laws and the US Constitution itself - does not have any jurisdiction beyond the borders of the US. It is why there are no courts in GITMO, only military tribunals. They are POWs, not criminals (unless specifically charged with a crime) and not subject to US law or the protections of the US Constitution.

Of course your aren't a leftist, and the moon is made of cheese and Hillary is as honest as the day is long.
You are flailing.
Are there any other fantasies you want to try to pass off as reality? Every post you make drips of your leftist ideology. Attempting to deny it is the funniest post you've made all week.
Still flailing.
It takes a great deal of arrogant hubris, not to mention abject ignorance, to believe that the laws of any nation extend and supersede all laws everywhere on the planet.
Well, I'm sure an anonymous internet scholar such as yourself, can walk right in to the supreme court and let them know that the dozen cases I gave you completely disproving your position, are all incorrect lol.

Meanwhile, as you've been shown, in some cases, such as GITMO, US jurisdiction extends beyond US borders. It's not in any way debatable. US citizens and non citizens can, have, and will continue being prosecuted under US law, outside US borders.

You can't have jurisdiction if you don't have sovereignty, and treaties - like all laws and the US Constitution itself - does not have any jurisdiction beyond the borders of the US.
I have conclusively proven this statement false.
It is why there are no courts in GITMO, only military tribunals. They are POWs, not criminals (unless specifically charged with a crime) and not subject to US law or the protections of the US Constitution.
This statement as well.

Back
Top Bottom