• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Supreme Court Marshal Asks Officials to End Protests at Justices’ Homes

These so-called "protestors" should be arrested.

If people showed up at a regular citizens home and did this they would be arrested. The law needs to be applied here and these miscreants taken into custody.
Actually they might be arrested, but then the First Amendment would set them free.

So, you going to comment on that link you tried to pass off as a right wing mob that was really another left wing mob?

The lefties do it all the time. I caught one posting a picture of dead reindeer as if it were due to an ecological disaster. A reverse picture lookup revealed they died by lightning.

The lefties do it all the time. I caught one posting a picture of dead reindeer as if it were due to an ecological disaster. A reverse picture lookup revealed they died by lightning.
I swear, I know the right lies about things, but the left have turned lying into a religious sacrament! Then they act all offended when they get caught like you've done something morally wrong by calling out their lies!

OK, yet to do so seems to require a significant, 24/7 taxpayer funded, dedicated security force at the home of each ‘wrong thinking’ SCOTUS justice.
So be it. They can be prisoners in their own homes. They should not be tolerated out in the wild, among decent society

So be it. They can be prisoners in their own homes. They should not be tolerated out in the wild, among decent society

That means the children are prisoners too.

I agree that protesting is fundamental to the Constitution. That doesn't mean it should be "anything goes," right? We have limitations on protesting including permits for some instances, laws prohibiting certain non-violent actions, etc. I don't see any reason why one of those legal limitations can't coincide with your philosophical point.

The moment one of these protestors steps over the line, and onto the property where these homes are, then law enforcement should respond.

Your issue is case law on this, including ironically other Supreme Court decision, does not make it that crystal clear that these protests are in violation of a law. You could argue it is, you could argue it is not. Which is ultimately why the police have not rounded up all these people just yet. "Ensuring Justice safety" has been the order so far, and until one of you can prove these guys are in violation of the law they are entitled to their protests even if I do not agree with them.

I am not compromising my ethics or understanding along political party lines, which seems to be the difference between me and many in this thread.

The moment one of these protestors steps over the line, and onto the property where these homes are, then law enforcement should respond.

Your issue is case law on this, including ironically other Supreme Court decision, does not make it that crystal clear that these protests are in violation of a law. You could argue it is, you could argue it is not. Which is ultimately why the police have not rounded up all these people just yet. "Ensuring Justice safety" has been the order so far, and until one of you can prove these guys are in violation of the law they are entitled to their protests even if I do not agree with them.

I am not compromising my ethics or understanding along political party lines, which seems to be the difference between me and many in this thread.
Exactly, the moment they step onto private property, then they should be charged with trespassing.

I swear, I know the right lies about things, but the left have turned lying into a religious sacrament! Then they act all offended when they get caught like you've done something morally wrong by calling out their lies!
I agree that dishonesty should be called out everywhere/anywhere it occurs.

But Trump fans feigning outrage at the supposed propensity of the left to lie is mind boggling.

The point you are attempting to evade is that the protests at the justices homes are illegal. Are you suggesting that the laws should not be enforced? And once again, the demise of Roe V Wade did not make abortion illegal.

How far from a justices home can they protest? Across the street? One block over?

Hey Supreme Court Marshal, how's that "who leaked the First Draft Opinion" coming?

Now there is something that will never see the light of day.
The longer they take to get to the bottom of that shows that it was most likely one of the conservative justices, looking at you Clarence.........

How far from a justices home can they protest? Across the street? One block over?
The "Picketing or Parading" law states that anyone "with the intent of interfering with, obstructing, or impeding the administration of justice, or with the intent of influencing any judge, juror, witness, or court officer in the discharge of his duty," cannot picket near a judge's residence. A conviction on this charge could come with up to a year in prison, a fine, or both.

Do you understand the term "near"?

The "Picketing or Parading" law states that anyone "with the intent of interfering with, obstructing, or impeding the administration of justice, or with the intent of influencing any judge, juror, witness, or court officer in the discharge of his duty," cannot picket near a judge's residence. A conviction on this charge could come with up to a year in prison, a fine, or both.

Do you understand the term "near"?

What is near? Is the public sidewalk across the street near? What about on the corner at the end of their street? Are you familiar with the vagueness doctrine?

What is near? Is the public sidewalk across the street near? What about on the corner at the end of their street? Are you familiar with the vagueness doctrine?
Probably up for a judge and jury to decide. Probably well out of sight of the justices homes. Why don't you read the law rather then grasping at straws. It's not just about the distance. It's about attempting to influence how they vote.

Back
Top Bottom