• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Supreme Court Justice Obama? It Could Happen Under a President Biden.

Slartibartfast

Jesus loves you.
Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Monthly Donator
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Liberal
If President Biden/Warren/Sanders appoints President Obama to the Supreme Court, even most Republicans in the Senate will vote to ratify the new president's decision.

Regardless of what any Senator really thinks about President Obama's legacy, s/he is wise enough to acknowledge that President Obama's election was a historic point in our country's history and must be respected.

There will be NO payback for what the Dems did to President Trump's nomination of Justice Kavanaugh.

If President Biden/Warren/Sanders appoints President Obama to the Supreme Court, even most Republicans in the Senate will vote to ratify the new president's decision.

Regardless of what any Senator really thinks about President Obama's legacy, s/he is wise enough to acknowledge that President Obama's election was a historic point in our country's history and must be respected.

There will be NO payback for what the Dems did to President Trump's nomination of Justice Kavanaugh.

I think payback will be a unwritten party platform for Republicans, as their constituency will demand it.

I think payback will be a unwritten party platform for Republicans, as their constituency will demand it.

Thank you for your opinion.

In my opinion, the rank and file of Republicans will NOT want payback in the case of President Obama.

Most ordinary Republicans recognize the unique position that President Obama occupies and do not want to cause anger among certain groups.

This will be a time of healing after four tumultuous years.

Have a nice day!

In my opinion, the rank and file of Republicans will NOT want payback in the case of President Obama.

Most ordinary Republicans recognize the unique position that President Obama occupies and do not want to cause anger among certain groups.

Have a nice day!

I appreciate your thoughts, but I don't see a period of healing ahead.

The next Democrat in the White House will serve every day in hell. I believe payback will be extreme and relentless.

President Obama has much to account for, and that will not escape scrutiny.

Old Joe will pander to anybody he can, but at the end of the day, he is pretty much stuck in neutral.

Hey, isn't/didn't Obama make 60 million in a Book deal?

Why the heck would he want to get away from that and go into a big mess?

President Obama has much to account for, and that will not escape scrutiny.

I am very old (82 years of age).

I vividly remember that every summer in the 1960s, there were riots in certain parts of large American cities.

Nobody wants that to happen again.

If President Obama were to be humiliated in any way (e.g., blocking his nomination, indicting him on various charges, etc.), such riots would probably return.

As I said, and as I believe, the vast majority of the American people respect the gentleman's (and lady's) agreement to give an exception to President Obama.

Have a nice day!

It's not a matter of "payback," it is always a matter of what kind of Judge will the appointee be if seated on the SCOTUS for life.

If Republicans in the Senate think the appointee will rule against their Party ideals, it does not matter who the nominee is, IMO they are likely to vote against if they control a Senate majority.

Now if they lose the Senate majority and their votes won't make a difference, then many might vote for Obama for political effect.

I vividly remember that every summer in the 1960s, there were riots in certain parts of large American cities.

If President Obama were to be humiliated in any way (e.g., blocking his nomination, indicting him on various charges, etc.), such riots would probably return.

As I said, and as I believe, the vast majority of the American people respect the gentleman's (and lady's) agreement to give an exception to President Obama.

I lived through the Watts Riots and the Rodney King riots. I'm familiar with riots in my town.

I don't believe Obama will be insulated from criticism or action simply because he is black and was the first black to serve as President.

A new bar has been set by the left, and it will serve as the standard going forward in the foreseeable future.

If Republicans in the Senate think the appointee will rule against their Party ideals, it does not matter who the nominee is, IMO they are likely to vote against if they control a Senate majority.

Excellent point!

But I feel that Republican Senators are Americans first, and that they would not want the riots that would break out if they were responsible for rejecting President Obama's nomination.

Have a nice day!

Supreme Court Justice William Barr? It Could Happen Under President Trump.

I don't believe Obama will be insulated from criticism or action simply because he is black and was the first black to serve as President.

A new bar has been set by the left, and it will serve as the standard going forward in the foreseeable future.

1. I lived just a few miles away from the Watts and the Rodney King riots.

2. I do believe that there IS an unwritten agreement to spare President Obama because of his background.

3. I believe that the left has succeeded in making sure that some politicians are untouchable because of gender, ethnicity, religion, or sexuality.

The only politicians who are open to criticism are Caucasian males. And, as the left happily says, they will soon be gone.

Hey Parser, I was there that night the 1992 LA riots began. I was driving home from the Lakers game. I saw a lot of Sh$%!(LOL)

I had my first gun 2 weeks later. Never felt so vulnerable in my life

2. I do believe that there IS an unwritten agreement to spare President Obama because of his background.

3. I believe that the left has succeeded in making sure that some politicians are untouchable because of gender, ethnicity, religion, or sexuality.

The only politicians who are open to criticism are Caucasian males. And, as the left happily says, they will soon be gone.

I guess we will have to agree to disagree.

. And, as the left happily says, they will soon be gone.

Yes, mostly due to years of too high legal immigration from 3rd world countries and illegal immigration

Rome all over again

Did he surrender his law license in 2008 in order to escape charges that he lied on his bar application and Michelle surrender her law license in 1993 after a federal judge gave her the choice between surrendering her license or standing trial for insurance fraud?

No. This is why you shouldn't read idiotic chain letters sent to the gullible.

The Obamas' Law Licenses - FactCheck.org

I doubt that it will happen, but it would be funny.

Back
Top Bottom